• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello Everyone

The Fool on the Hill

A Rambling, Gaming Dude
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here (as I'm sure you already guessed). I'm 19 years old, and I've been a huge Pokemon fan since Red and Blue. I feel pretty silly being on these forums in my "old" age, so please reassure me that I'm not a total loser for liking Pokemon. Out of curiosity, what's the average age of users on this forum?

I'm no noob when it comes to Pokemon-- I know all about competetive battling (natures, EVs, IVs, etc), but I've never had the opportunity to battle or trade with anyone except my real-life friends. I'm hoping that my presence on this forum will change that.

Several Pokemon sites that I frequent include Bulbapedia, Serebii, and Smogon University. Can anyone recommend other good sites?

So anyway, I just want to say hi to everyone here.

I feel pretty silly being on these forums in my "old" age, so please reassure me that I'm not a total loser for liking Pokemon.

No worries, there are people here who are double your age. And "being a loser" is defined by what you've done with the rest of your life, not whether you have a particular hobby.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom