• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello, moving box!

Nezdragon

Immune To Logic
Reaction score
So, fun story. Nine months ago, I would have told you that Pokemon was dead, or at least should be. Then, as the months went on, I found myself reminiscing on the games. The good old games, namely R/B/Y. I had sold off my GBC years ago, so I couldn't act on my nostalgia. Soon enough I gave in and downloaded an emulator and ROMs of the games I used to have. I did the research, it's legal since I can claim prior ownership. Yay.

After playing through Yellow I started watching the original anime again. Soon after starting that I got a ROM for Crystal and played through that until just before the Elite Four. Needless to say, Nostalgia Blast was a super-effective critical hit. I'm back to being hooked.

Currently, I'm finishing up Season 4 of the anime, playing Pokemon Emerald, and writing a (mostly) original fic. I admit, I'm here mostly to get more exposure for my story, but I might bleed over to the other forum sections at some point.

And this post is probably far too long, so I'll say hello and leave it at that!

Thanks for the welcomes! Hopefully my signature 'n stuff is up and running.

EDIT: Huzzah!

Hey there! x) I got back into pokemon recently after only really being a fan of gen 1....I had an awful lot of catching up to do. Haha. I wanna read your fic when its done!

I'm gonna watch you on dA too, if that's alright.

hi, welcome here!!
I would like yo let you know, that, before you migrate your best pokémon, (if you have ds games) that you should make like 50 copies of each pokémon before migrating them.
a video on how to do this can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpEETEzIupU
hope I was a help :)

Welcome! And congrats on catching the Poké-flu once more xD
hope you enjoy your stay!

Woot! More welcomes!

Hey there! x) I got back into pokemon recently after only really being a fan of gen 1....I had an awful lot of catching up to do. Haha. I wanna read your fic when its done!

I'm gonna watch you on dA too, if that's alright.

Yeah, getting back in I knew virtually all the Gen I 'mons on sight, but only about three from all the other generations combined. Getting better, though!

Ah, thing with the fic is I have a plan for about thirty chapters total, and the chapters are going upwards of 5k words each. It might take me a couple years to finish, so you might be waiting a while! I do have the first three chapters finished, though, if you want to get started. :p

And again, thanks for the watch!

hi, welcome here!!
I would like yo let you know, that, before you migrate your best pokémon, (if you have ds games) that you should make like 50 copies of each pokémon before migrating them.
a video on how to do this can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpEETEzIupU
hope I was a help :)

I kinda don't have the DS games, due to the lack of DS. I've been considering getting one, but I don't know if I have the funds to justify the purchase. Thanks for the thought, though!

Welcome! And congrats on catching the Poké-flu once more xD
hope you enjoy your stay!

Ah yes, I have been afflicted with the Pokerus!

Yay you can't escape from pokemon! Mwuhuhahahaaa!

Yeah that happened to me a while ago, back in August infact, I had forgotten about Pokemon*GASP* for a couple of years, until playing it at my cousin's house. And since then, I've wiped the dust off my old games and got back into it :-D

Well that's enough about my Pokemon nostalgia story, so welcome and have lots of fun here! :D

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom