• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello!! Nice to Meet You!

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! You can call me Hikari!

I've been a long time lurker who's finally decided to make an account and say "hello"!

I've been playing Pokemon for almost two decades now and have played every single Pokemon game barring the original Green version (since it was only released in Japan and the prices of older Pokemon games are scarily high haha), LGP, and also the original Gold/Silver versions. One day, I'd really love to play all the games, just so I can say "yeah! I've played every Pokemon game!"
I'd share who my favorite Pokemon is but honestly, I don't have one right now--there's too many and I love them all so much (though I could probably choose a fave for each type). :confused:
My favorite games (in no particular order) would be PLA, HGSS, the original DPPT, and ORAS (maybe SWSH, too)--meanwhile my favorite gen is probably 4; just something about it really appeals to me (especially the music--I love the music)! I particularly have a soft spot for Cynthia's encounter theme, battle theme, and the Route 216 theme (it may be a pain to traverse but at least the music is beautiful, right?)

Outside of Pokemon, I enjoy programming, making cover songs with vocal synths, and drawing! (However drawing Pokemon is ironically not my forte haha.)
I'm also a lover of linguistics who's currently studying Japanese (I just think it's a lovely language and I need it for my vocal synth work haha). Once I get a good grip on Japanese, I hope to take up Chinese, French, or German!:bulbaWave:

So now tell me about yourselves! Which games are your favorites? Do you have a favorite Pokemon? If so, who? Do you have a favorite human character in Pokemon?:bulbaLove:

Feel free to ask me questions as well, if you'd like. I'd be happy to answer as long as it's not "personal"! I look forward to participating in the forum!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!
Wallace, Steven, and Winona are very cool--can definitely see what makes them favorite worthy haha! My favorites are probably Volo, Cynthia, Mars (all the Galactic commanders, honestly), Arezu, N, and Silver. (there's probably more, but we'd be here all day if I named them all haha):wynaut:

Welcome to Bulbaforums! Glad you decided to join us :bulbaWave:

Gen 4 is great! DPPt is definitely one of those games that you can just play over and over again.

Outside of Pokemon, I enjoy programming, making cover songs with vocal synths, and drawing! (However drawing Pokemon is ironically not my forte haha.)
I'm also a lover of linguistics who's currently studying Japanese (I just think it's a lovely language and I need it for my vocal synth work haha).
That's awesome, because I actually do all of these exact things in my spare time too LOL. What kind of programming? And if you don't mind me asking, which vocal synth programs/voices do you use?

My favorite core game right now is probably Platinum (but I like a lot of the spinoff titles too). When it comes to Pokémon I love Eevee, Porygon, Wooper, and Cradily first and foremost... and I have a ton of favorite human characters but I'll obviously say Gary because I just think he's cool!

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your time here on the forums!

That's awesome, because I actually do all of these exact things in my spare time too LOL. What kind of programming? And if you don't mind me asking, which vocal synth programs/voices do you use?

My favorite core game right now is probably Platinum (but I like a lot of the spinoff titles too). When it comes to Pokémon I love Eevee, Porygon, Wooper, and Cradily first and foremost... and I have a ton of favorite human characters but I'll obviously say Gary because I just think he's cool!
Oh my gosh, what a coincidence haha! I've been working on programming my own Discord bot using python! I got tired of having bring in lots of bots for different features so I decided to use that as motivation to try programming again and create my own "all in one"!
As for vocal synths, I use a lot but mainly UTAU as my program + Kasane Teto and Sukone Tei as my main voices (I'm basic and just like the silly ones from the early 2000's haha)! (I have Vocaloids, too, but I'm not great at tuning them so they kinda just sit there taking up disc space):confused:

Fellow Platinum fan, eh? Very nice! I actually just started a new game on my copy yesterday. Those are some cool favorite Pokemon--I've always loved those ones as well; they have some great designs! (And if you don't mind my asking, which of the spin-off titles do you like?)

Gary's definitely a very cool character--never a dull moment when he's on the screen haha! I always enjoyed his dynamic with the rest of the characters!

Oh my gosh, what a coincidence haha! I've been working on programming my own Discord bot using python! I got tired of having bring in lots of bots for different features so I decided to use that as motivation to try programming again and create my own "all in one"!
As for vocal synths, I use a lot but mainly UTAU as my program + Kasane Teto and Sukone Tei as my main voices (I'm basic and just like the silly ones from the early 2000's haha)! (I have Vocaloids, too, but I'm not great at tuning them so they kinda just sit there taking up disc space):confused:
Hey that's cool! I made a Discord bot too a while back, just in JavaScript/node.js instead of Python. It's for a very small personal server, so it's not a super useful bot, but it's become like family to my friends and I :wynaut:

Always nice to hear from a fellow UTAU user! I totally understand liking older voicebanks — I'm not caught up on modern UTAU stuff at all anymore, so Teto's Sakebi bank is usually my first choice. And yeah, tuning Vocaloid is a struggle for sure. Miku is sitting in my computer somewhere all alone LOL

Fellow Platinum fan, eh? Very nice! I actually just started a new game on my copy yesterday. Those are some cool favorite Pokemon--I've always loved those ones as well; they have some great designs! (And if you don't mind my asking, which of the spin-off titles do you like?)
Sweet, good luck with your new playthrough!
(Colosseum and XD are probably my favorites! But Channel, Puzzle League, Snap, and Ranger come in a tied close second.)

Welcome, welcome!

I'm Mari, I usually post about sweets and am found either on my blog or in fun and games. Nice to meet you!
I'm also a lover of linguistics who's currently studying Japanese
oooo another Japanese learner! I have been studying on and off for a while, but I'm hoping to get serious about it this summer.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom