• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello there!

AgedVeteranofShow

Reaction score
My Username's AgedVetofShow, but you can call me AVS for short.

I'm generally a fan of Pokemon who began with the Series way back when the US had its start with the Anime back in "ye olde" 1998. I've more or less seen the whole Anime and Film Series in its entirety in Japanese now, and have been playing the video games since the Gold and Silver days of the fandom (much like the show and the dub, there's a lot of high and low points for me with with the games too if anyone wants to hear my opinion there).

Legends: Arceus got my attention, generally reignited my interest in the franchise (I think it is legitimately the most creative the Pokemon Game franchise has been in decades, I love the direction it's going in with not just the same old, same old Gym formula and the open world honestly-- we need more like this, way more, IMO!), and generally got me back into the games after LGPE and BDSP caused my interest to wane again, and prior to it, I had Gen 8 down as one of the worst for me (Gen 5 I think was the high point for me with the Games, but for the English dub of the Series the 1998-2006 OS-AGS3 Era was my favorite and still really is, rose tinted glasses aside-- and yes, that includes the later 4Kids Era, I still find it so much better than what immediately succeeded it for the first two seasons aka BF/DPS1 2007-2008, and also what's been coming out of DuArt and Lyuno since the 2014-2022 Era to be blunt, for more on my opinion on the dub you can check out my post on the thread there!).

I'm generally a nice person, very opinionated of course, but a fair minded one. This franchise was essentially my childhood, like it is for so many of you, and Pokemon was kind of my gateway Anime (I don't really have a high opinion of it, though, or the dub these days respectively but the latter generally is where I've completely lost interest again-- Journeys/JN isn't IMO SM/BW bad as a show in its original Japanese, but it's not got my interest like OS/AG/DP/XY did either so far-- very mixed feelings so far on it) and my first foray on Nintendo consoles besides the Mario Series so...yeah, that's all you need to know about me! Nice to meet you all!

Last edited:
Hey AVS, welcome!! Legends is a great game and I'm really hoping they continue making similar games in the future. Didn't realize how much fun such a shake-up to the series would be - it's a pretty fluid game in general too. Mostly everything feels smooth. Hoping a lot of those features make it over to SV. Have a good time here :bulbaLove:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom