• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello!

K'sariya

Steel Soul
Reaction score
Hey!

This is emotional for me. That probably sounds dumb, I know, but I'm really excited to be here.

Once upon a time, little old me trapped myself in the Pokemon Mansion in Pokemon Yellow. Perhaps I'd messed up something with the switches or had just lost my way. I had to be eleven or twelve, maybe less. It's been a while, too long for me to remember. I turned to the Internet for a solution--a daunting entity that I hadn't used for anything more than Neopets and POGO Online games--and found one in a place called PE2K.

I was so relieved to see that someone had found the exact same problem that I registered an account and responded to express my joy right away... and ended up reviving a dead thread over a year old with not one post, but two. And so the cocky little kid, PokemonKnowItAllVanessa, made the worst first internet impression within her ability to do so.

After licking my wounds from the small, professional chide of a moderator only doing their job, I crawled back and took a long, long look around. There was so much information to take in! There were so many people to look at and talk to! There were so many Pokemon to talk about! I wanted to be a part of everything all at once. And so I jumped in.

And two things happened.

One: I began to write. Fanfiction and RP were absolutely fascinating to me. I'd always written but never finished a story so RP especially drew me in. I didn't have to write the stories alone and sometimes, they never had an end. I didn't need to create my own antagonists--others did that for me. I remember how garbage I was at it, honestly. I was awful, committing the RP sins of bunnying, powerplaying, and godmodding like any other ten to twelve year old. But I learned. And as I learned, I began to write better. I filled wide-ruled notebooks with stories and fanfiction. If I remember right, I actually finished a fanfiction. I'd tell you the name of it but I'm far too embarrassed, honestly. But it helped me a lot. I played a bit of URPG but didn't get far. I won writing contests at school because of the practice I was getting online. It gave me self-confidence I could have never imagined back then. It gave me something I was good at. I still RP. I have for many years, now.

Two: I began to use Photoshop. Well, GIMP. And Paint. I learned to recolor sprites and then eventually picked up GIMP to begin making banners and tags. And holy crap, they were bad. But it launched me into an addiction to Photoshop and art and design that has overwhelmed my life for years now. I'm working now on a Graphic Design degree, and have been using Photoshop for well over six or seven years now. I've made a lot of money from commissions on the side. All because of a few little sprite recolors and tags in GIMP.

I later changed my alias to White Wolf of the Snow (we were all weebs at some point, don't you give me that look). My deviantART is still WWotS, actually. I loved WAR RPGs so much, and always strove to be a part of them.

I cried when I saw PE2K had shut down a while back. I couldn't help it. I'd left so long ago but I'd always revisited to see how much I'd improved. I thought about it again recently. I moped for a while. And so in the past couple of days, I've been looking around here. I know it's not PE2K, but I've missed URPG, even though I never touched it except for here and there. But it drew me back. I've wanted to write, and seeing names like @HKim have brought me to tears.

I don't know if anyone from PE2K is still here, or still remembers me, but I'm happy to be here either way. I'm going to go post my starter request in a bit once I decide on what I want. I might look around at some of the RPs. I won't have much time (because holy crap, Pokemon GO is addicting) but I hope to get to know some of you, or just get to meet some new people in passing.

Thanks,
K'sariya

Aah.. was so touching reading your story, I wasn't active on PE2K myself (I do believe I had an account, just never got around to using it) but it's a shame to hear it shut down. =( Either way welcome to the Bulbagarden, K'sariya! It's great to meet you and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Ooh what sorts of subjects do you like to role-play? Amazing to hear you've used Photoshop for about 7 years now.. I've only been using GIMP since mid-2014. x'D I suppose I'm not too bad at signatures/tags, though! Even if Bulbagarden isn't PE2K I really hope it'll be like a second home to you. The community's pretty awesome and there are lots of things to discuss around so I hope you'll poke around and have fun. =)

See you around and have fun! <33

Greetings to everyone! C:

Aah.. was so touching reading your story, I wasn't active on PE2K myself (I do believe I had an account, just never got around to using it) but it's a shame to hear it shut down. =( Either way welcome to the Bulbagarden, K'sariya! It's great to meet you and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Ooh what sorts of subjects do you like to role-play? Amazing to hear you've used Photoshop for about 7 years now.. I've only been using GIMP since mid-2014. x'D I suppose I'm not too bad at signatures/tags, though! Even if Bulbagarden isn't PE2K I really hope it'll be like a second home to you. The community's pretty awesome and there are lots of things to discuss around so I hope you'll poke around and have fun. =)

See you around and have fun! <33

Hello! I have role played so many things over the years. I started with many facets of Pokemon RP (from Trainer to Pokemon to Gijinka) while at PE2K and I believe I would still enjoy them! From there, I went to horses, then wolves, then have followed some friends over to lions. Humans are okay, I think that many of the human RPs for any subject irritate me at times because of their tendency to lean toward "perfection." I say that in the sense that I love people and their flaws, and seeing people use flawless anime/celebrity photos as their appearances is a pet peeve of mine, haha. But it is an old complaint, as I haven't tried in years!

I'm still garbage at signatures and tags, haha. I switched over to full blown photomanips with animal subjects years ago. I just looked through my dA and the last tags I did were these in early 2010:

scizor_tag_by_wwots.png

flareon_tag_by_wwots.png

a4df7a9fb50f9f98dc94975bd2945835.png

Since then, I've forgotten absolutely everything, haha. Those aren't even that great, either. I feel faint just looking at them. But I was... Twelve? at the time, I think. Those were made in GIMP all those years ago.

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. <3 It's a wonderful dose of nostalgia to get to go back in time and relive all of that, haha. I can't wait to make new memories here!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom