• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello!

Red Knight

Saeve certando pugnandoque, splendor crescit
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. It/Its
  3. Any
I'm Red. I've been a Pokémon fan for as long as I can remember, ever since I first played Pokémon Stadium on the family N64 and Leaf Green on my GBA SP. I'm mostly familiar with the mainline games; I've played some of the spinoffs but I'm not super familiar with a lot of them, I haven't seen much of the anime outside the Indigo League and Orange Islands, and I have only a passing knowledge of the TCG. In any case, though, I'm happy to have found a place where I can specifically talk about this world that has brought me so much fun over the years.
I don't really have a single favorite Pokémon, but some of my favorites include Vileplume, Corviknight, Typhlosion, Weavile, Ludicolo, Gliscor, Togekiss, Seviper, Zangoose, Magnezone, and Kilowattrel.

Welcome welcome! What's your favorite of the mainline games?
Hard to say. I have a lot of nostalgia for Leaf Green and Soul Silver (which I believe is the first game I actually beat on my own, it may have also been Pearl; I started very young and it took me a while to figure out what I was doing; I remember an old LG team that was my starter Charizard and then a bunch of underleveled early route mons, and I especially remember a Beedrill named Bob and a Butterfree). I've played through Shield well over a dozen times, and I've played through Violet quite a bit as well, though those can be owed to the fact that you can have multiple files on Switch, one per profile, so I don't have to delete my main file to start again and can transfer Pokémon from subsequent playthroughs to my main file. SwSh is also the gen I really started to get into competitive Singles. I'm currently revisiting ORAS (playing Alpha Sapphire since I can't find my old OR cart) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I played through Colosseum not too long ago and loved it, and I started XD but got stuck at the ship with the Bonsly because I emulated it and couldn't figure out a way to either get a controller to work properly with Dolphin or reconfigure my controls to let me sneak up on the blasted thing. I played through Emerald and thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved all of Gen 5. I think Moon is the first time I went out of my way to complete the PokéDex, which is something I enjoy doing now.
I really can't pick a favorite. I guess right now it's ORAS but I could also easily say Colosseum (if that counts) or FRLG or HGSS or BW or BW2 or SwSh or SV. I get the feeling that if I played Platinum that would also be a contender.

welcome to bulbagarden! it's a delight to have you here! excellent taste, i love oras very much (and togekiss is one of my favorite pokemon of all time!)!

i hope you enjoy your stay here :bulbaLove:

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom