• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help adding an external link

sonic10158

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME
Reaction score
I was hoping to update the top paragraph of this page:
List of English language Johto League Champions home video releases (Region 1) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

In order to say that there is now a Box Set in the USA. I already added the information without hassle, but I later decided to go back and add an external link so there would be proof that the box set info is true. But when I try to add the link, the page tells me I have to type two words into "the box below" as a precaution for spam. However, no box ever pops up, so I can't make the change. Is there any way to fix this, or could someone else add the link if they feel it is needed? The link I was going to add is below:

www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Johto-League-Champions-Collection/dp/B01B80LOA0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465182996&sr=8-1&keywords=pokemon+johto+league+champions

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Broken in my browser as well.

You can work around it by blocking JavaScript for bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net. You will be served a noscript version of the CAPTCHA, which worked for me.

Sorry for taking so long to try, but clearing the cache did not help

Did some additional testing. This is happening in all browsers I tested: Chromium 50, Firefox 47, and Opera 38.

In Chromium, the following works:
  • Blocking JavaScript makes the noscript version of the CAPTCHA visible. The noscript version is slightly different, but works fine.

The following do not work, in any combination:
  • Clearing the cache (ctrl-shift-r)
  • Disabling all extensions
  • Incognito mode (which also disables all extensions)
In Firefox, forcing the noscript version also works. I have no extensions in Firefox, so I did not test additional workarounds. I didn't test workarounds in Opera.

Anyway, this doesn't appear to be browser specific. There's a consistent delay of about 30 seconds between pressing "Save Page" and getting the CAPTCHA page, so I suspect it's server side. ConfirmEdit with ReCaptcha uses different lines in LocalSettings.php since MediaWiki 1.25, so that might be the first thing to check.

Why would you use such an ugly link? The ref parameter is unnecessary and you can make it shorter.

www.amzn.com/B01B80LOA0

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom