• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help needed for my 3:3 team for Singles: Maison/Battle Spot

Reaction score
1. Sharpedo
Speed Boost + Attack Raising/Spe Attck Lowering Nature
Evs in: Max'd Attack and Speed. Rest in HP
Item:?
Protect
Poison Jab
Waterfall
Crunch

I gave it Poison Jab just in case it has to go up against Fairies/Grass-types

2. Volcarona
Flame Body + Spe Attck Raising/Attck Lowering Nature
Evs in: Max'd Spe Attack and Speed. Rest in HP
Item: Sitrus Berry
Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Hurricane

All I need is a third member. I am losing way too much in the Maison - I can't unlock Super Singles :/ Also, Singles is the hardest rule in the Battle Spot for me.

I was thinking about an Electric-type (Mega Ampharos?), but if there are other better options, I'd like to hear about them.

FWG core works, maybe a defensive grass type like M-Venasaur to give some bulk and power to your team. I'd suggest a bold for defense. This set works well,

Venasaur@Venasaurite
Overgrow=> Thick Fat
Bold
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD

Gigs Drain
Toxic/ Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb
Leech Seed

EDIT: just thought about the omnipresent Talonflame. I'd suggest replacing Volcarona with a special fire type or Arcanine with Wild Charge. You can put a focus sash or leftovers on your sharpedo.

Last edited:
Entrainment Truant Durant + Set-up sweeper with Protect wrecks the AI in the Maison.
I'd recommend Dugtrio, as it's very fast and has a move that boosts 2 stats. The only downside to Dugtrio is that it's very frail, and wrecked by priority.
Volcarona also works as a setup sweeper, just replace Hurricane with Protect.

Staraptor with reckless HA ability and a choice band / life orb pretty much destroys normal singles mansion. Just spam brave bird until all dead .

For the 3rd member, maybe try:
Kangaskhan (Kangaskhanite)
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Speed
Power-up Punch
Return
Earthquake
Sucker Punch

It can get boosting thanks to Parental Bond and Power-up Punch, Return for STAB and Earthquake for coverage while Sucker Punch lets you hit faster 'mons or those packing priority.

I'd recommend a Focus Sash on either of the other two Pokes, just as a warranty against anything unexpected.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom