• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help needed for National Pokédex

Warrior of Fire

This is the Monado's power!
Reaction score
So, a little while ago, I had one of these threads on a much smaller scale, for the completion of the New Unova Pokédex. Thanks to the help of several individuals here on BMGf, that was accomplished without much problem. Well, now, I'm asking for help again, this time for the National dex. Below is a list of unevolved Pokémon I don't have yet (unless I already have that Pokémon's evolved form and will be breeding for it) and a few legendaries. While for the legendaries, I understand that many of you won't want to part with your legendaries or only want a legendary in return, so I will be willing to do tradebacks for their dex data at the very least, although three of them, Mewtwo, Raikou, and Darkrai, I already have the data for, so I'll only be wanting them to keep. The Pokémon not listed, I can breed any of them except the legendaries for you (with the exception of Treeko, who I'm currently waiting on a response from the person I'm trading a bred Torchic for). Since I am also collecting Pokémon from the Dream World on my own, those Pokémon may vanish from the list suddenly, and this is the explanation. And while I don't care about natures, IVs, genders, or abilities normally, if the Pokémon has its hidden ability and can be female, I would prefer you trading me a female with the hidden ability so I can breed the hidden ability for transferring to X after I get it, and nature and IVs do not matter ever.

tl;dr: Want Pokémon listed below, tradebacks for legendaries available, Dream World may cause vanishing Pokémon from lists, no tradebacks for legendaries marked in list, Pokémon with hidden abilities must be female for hidden ability breeding for future transfer to X.

Gen II
Ho-Oh (have data, want actual Pokémon to train)

My trainer name and friend code are in my sig.

Last edited:
@Warrior of Fire; I can help you with some of the breedable ones. Im curious though, what do you have to offer for some of the legends?

First, I'm gonna go ahead and get the fact that I have this thread subscribed, so you don't need to mention me for me to get a notification about this thread (and honestly, when I saw that I was mentioned, I thought that Flaze had finished with the newest chapter in Pokémon Academy Year II and posted it). As for what I can offer, I prefer not to permanently trade away legendaries (except Phione, who's legendary status is constantly debated due to being able to breed it using either a Phione or Manaphy and a Ditto) and prefer to only do tradebacks with them, but I can breed any non-legendary in the New Unova dex, Phione, all three Kanto starters, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Oddish, Pichu (since I don't know if the father knowing Volt Tackle works for breeding it onto the baby Pichu like other egg moves or not and the fact that I don't have a Light Ball, it may or may not know Volt Tackle), Slowpoke, Snorlax/Munchlax, Spiritomb, Plusle, Porygon, Nidoran (both genders), Bidoof, Pachirisu, Starly, Aerodactyl, Kangaskhan, Rotom, Kecleon, Dratini, Girafarig, Stunky, Togepi, Electrike, Shinx, Smoochum, Ralts, Hoothoot, Seedot, Gible, Venonat, Cacnea, Poliwag, Kabuto, Ominyte, Magikarp, Cranidos, Misdreavus, Shieldon, Anorith, Lileep, Chansey/Happiny, Snubbull, Weedle, Spinarak, Mankey, Exeggcute, Rhyhorn, Clamperl, and Horsea, although I've already got some of those bred (in both the National dex and the NU dex, the two most common Pokémon I've got extras to trade away of are Bidoof and Bronzor, Bidoof from trying to get a female with Moody, Bronzor from Dream Radar). Keeping that in mind, I can do tradebacks for the legendaries I don't have dex data for, and I can also do multiple Pokémon and/or items for a single legendary (due to the long list of items that I have, it'll be easier to request an item and I say if I can give that item or not).

If you happen to have a Genesect I'd be willing to trade a Celebi for it.

I do, but I only have the one and it's been trained already. I could try to hack myself a clone of my current Genesect after I trade the original to you, so all right. Give me some time to write down the stats, moves, and known information, and I can do the trade after that once I get your trainer name and friend code. You've got a deal.

Alright give me some time and I can breed these for you. The legends I do tradebacks.

Caterpie
Pidgey
Spearow
Ekans
Paras
Diglett
Meowth
Mankey
Abra
Machop
Bellsprout
Tentacool
Geodude
Ponyta
Doduo
Gastly
Drowzee
Scyther
Tauros
Chikorita
Totodile
Aipom
Wooper
Murkrow
Miltank
Entei tradeback
Suicune tradeback
Lugia tradeback
Celebi tradeback
Mudkip
Poochyena
Shroomish
Minun
Kyogre tradeback
Groudon tradeback
Rayquaza tradeback
Turtwig
Piplup
Glameow
Chatot
Hippopotas
Arceus tradeback

Alright give me some time and I can breed these for you. The legends I do tradebacks.

Caterpie
Pidgey
Spearow
Ekans
Paras
Diglett
Meowth
Mankey
Abra
Machop
Bellsprout
Tentacool
Geodude
Ponyta
Doduo
Gastly
Drowzee
Scyther
Tauros
Chikorita
Totodile
Aipom
Wooper
Murkrow
Miltank
Entei tradeback
Suicune tradeback
Lugia tradeback
Celebi tradeback
Mudkip
Poochyena
Shroomish
Minun
Kyogre tradeback
Groudon tradeback
Rayquaza tradeback
Turtwig
Piplup
Glameow
Chatot
Hippopotas
Arceus tradeback

The ones in bold are no longer needed. I received a Mankey in a trade last night (now a Primeape), and the trade talked about earlier - Celebi for Genesect - was taken care of a short while ago. As for the remaining Pokémon on that list, I'll be able to trade tomorrow afternoon starting at 2:30-3 PM PDT, as I'm about to go to bed and I've got one class in the morning and a long bus ride back home after that. I'm also currently waiting to finish a trade for a Cherubi, Mawile, Whismur, and Cubone, so starting when I'm available tomorrow, we could take care of the legendary tradebacks. Also, what would you like in return for the others so I can start breeding them?

Ok Im almost done here. I subed turtwig for Meditite because I forgot I dont have turtwig on black anymore. all I have are a few starters left to breed.

All right. I'll be ready in a little bit. Also finalizing the details on another trade right now, so once that's done, I can head into the room, although I'll be leaving for a little bit at 4:20-4:25 my time to keep an appointment in ACNL. And do you just want randoms, or would you like some items?

All right. I'll be ready in a little bit. Also finalizing the details on another trade right now, so once that's done, I can head into the room, although I'll be leaving for a little bit at 4:20-4:25 my time to keep an appointment in ACNL. And do you just want randoms, or would you like some items?

just whatevers for the ones i bred for. we will trade tradeback the legends first though.

just whatevers for the ones i bred for. we will trade tradeback the legends first though.

All right. Since I'll be heading for that ACNL appointment really soon and have the other trade set up for the three permanent trades we're doing, I'm gonna take care of those trades first, head to my town in ACNL, take care of that appointment, and return to White 2 to finish with today's trades with both you and spret (not mentioning officially to prevent unneeded notification).

I don't mean to offend anyone, but @Crazyyoshi; is officially my best trading partner yet. With her help, my extras boxes went from 50 between the last two active boxes to just 17 Pokémon in a single box. Sure, it's still mostly Dream Radar Bronzor, but it's a lot more manageable now. So, since I haven't actually said it yet, thanks a ton, Crazyyoshi.

np, glad I could help out some. lol Maybe in a few days I'll get a few more traded over from my platinum game over to black. :3

Thanks for the Tradebacks, Warrior. I'm sitting at 642 now. Let's see your updated list... ;)

Im still working on Silcoon but I have these for you. Oh, and Im pretty sure I traded you a Meditite, but if Im mistaken I can breed him too.
Silcoon /Cascoon
Lotad
Taillow
Surskit
Barboach
Feebas
Houndour
Smeargle
Finneon
Farfetch’d

Im still working on Silcoon but I have these for you. Oh, and Im pretty sure I traded you a Meditite, but if Im mistaken I can breed him too.
Silcoon /Cascoon
Lotad
Taillow
Surskit
Barboach
Feebas
Houndour
Smeargle
Finneon
Farfetch’d

Yeah, you did already give me a Meditite (who is now a Medicham). And okay, I'll be ready in a little while if you're available. I'm still waiting on that Wurmple from someone else, so once I get that and evolve it the first time, I know what I'll need to get the other one.

Also, if it's not a problem, for Feebas, since I do want to evolve it into Milotic, if Feebas waits to be traded last so I can send over one of my Prism Scales on one of the randoms from my end and you can have Feebas hold it during the trade? You know, the whole two birds (fish?) with one stone deal? If we can do this, that'll be great.

Last edited:
okies want to trade soon ^^ Also I put a scale on feebas, so you can just put a replacement on a random pokemon.

Last edited:
okies want to trade soon ^^ Also I put a scale on feebas, so you can just put a replacement on a random pokemon.

Okay. I'm gonna get in the shower any minute now (once it opens up), then I'll be able to trade after I'm done with that.

I'm currently on my 3DS's browser, so I'm ready to trade anytime you are, but I won't be able to reply on here until I get my computer back from my brother.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom