• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help with card/Rare Card.

NordicGum

Reaction score
Hi! I have a card that i found in my old collection. I cant find any information about it online, or find it in any database online. Mabye some of you have seen it before? i am 99% sure this is not a fake (who fakes trainer cards?...)

Its a first edition trainer card, called Yanyan, with a picture of a Umbreon on it. I hope some of you have any information about it. (check picture)

Thanks.

Attachments

• 69632331_559337157937485_8435476736128319488_n.jpg
    69632331_559337157937485_8435476736128319488_n.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 335
Hi! I have a card that i found in my old collection. I cant find any information about it online, or find it in any database online. Mabye some of you have seen it before? i am 99% sure this is not a fake (who fakes trainer cards?...)

Its a first edition trainer card, called Yanyan, with a picture of a Umbreon on it. I hope some of you have any information about it. (check picture)

Thanks.
Hate to break it to you, but people do 100% fake Trainer cards. And this is 100% fake/counterfeit. The immediate tell for me is the font that "Yanyan" is in is completely incorrect. The font used has too much spacing between letters compared to the spacing on legitimate cards of the era. Another tell, there's never been a card named "Yanyan" released in English. Third tell is that it uses the Japanese Gym set logo, which was never used on any English cards, even erroneously. Fourthly, that art's a terrible and poorly done edit of an Umbreon on a background that's crappy even for a '90s card. And the fifth major tell, that effect uses card language not consistent with the language used in the card effects of the era.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom