• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help with DS hardware

domesticshorthair

Reaction score
Was wondering which was best to recharge your DS. If you leave it plugged in, just while you're playing, or all the time. Or if you leave the charger plugged in, and just attach it to the DS when it needs to be charged, or you play it. Would it harm it? I know it sounds weird, but I'm just afraid to damage it in any way, even just the battery, and I have no clue what my mom did with the instructions when she cleaned out my room.

Well usually if you don't charge it until it goes red, the battery will have a longer life span, the more you charge the battery (especially a while before it dies) could give it a short life span as a battery only has a certain number of charges before it stops working. (Not 100% sure how many charges though)

I don't think you'll harm your DS when you play it while recharging. It'll just take a while longer for it to be fully recharge.

Page#6 of the DSlite instruction booklet

When fully charged, the battery will last from 15-19 hours on the lowest screen brightness setting, depending on the type of game activity. On the brightest setting, the battery life is 5-8 hours.

The battery can be recharged approximately 500 times, but performance may decrease after repeated recharges, depending on usage conditions such as temperatures. (Optional charging temperature is between 50 and 104 Fahrenheit.) Battery life may also decrease over time. After 500 recharges, battery life may be only 70% of the battery life when new.

It takes approximately three hours to recharge the battery. (The actual time varies depending on how much battery life you have left.)

/endinstructionbooklet

I'll assume that the "approximately 500 times recharges" applied only if the battery are recharged when the battery runs out of life completely (1 time may be equivalent to 15-19 hours/lowest brightness while 5-8 hours/brightess, then times that with 500). The charger will stop charging once the battery life is full, so there's no need to worry about leaving the charger on with the DS. The charger will continue to charge if the DS power is on.

Thanks! You know if the charger can stay plugged in? Other wise I'll have to get an extension cord. Just about all the outlets in my room are either taken, or behind the furniture.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom