• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Here's another one: Fun with Metronome

TK n Happy Ness

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this topic. Here's one where you can mention funny attacks on certain Pokemon, or ones that make no sense whatsoever.

Foe Geodude used Poison Tail <---I got that one on Battle CD 35 in XD. The Geodude on the other side used it against my Togepi. It makes no sense since Geodude obviously has no tail. :)

On pokemon stadium I have made snorlax fly, god it was funny. It was really great because it was on it's back the whole time, and was still sleeping while in the air

Cheers LIam

This happened once in my Gold game, no word of a lie:

TOGEPI used METRONOME!
TOGEPI used HI JUMP KICK!
TOGEPI's attack missed!
TOGEPI kept going and crashed!

The mental picture is absolutely hilarious.

Geodude said:
This happened once in my Gold game, no word of a lie:

TOGEPI used METRONOME!
TOGEPI used HI JUMP KICK!
TOGEPI's attack missed!
TOGEPI kept going and crashed!

The mental picture is absolutely hilarious.
Ouch.
...That's gotta hurt.

God, this brings back memories.

Let's see...

Clefable used Aeroblast!
Clefable's attack missed!

Well, I one time was having fun with Metronome back in Blue version. At the time, no Pokemon was capable of learning Kenesis, but it was still programmed into the game. My Mewtwo used it, but it missed. I was pissed because I never saw that attack before and I wanted to know what it did.

Then Kadabra and Alakazam were able to learn it in yellow, so it was all good.

Many times, my Mewtwo's Metronome saved me, such as using many attacks that work well against Lugia and Ho-oh in Stadium 2.

I think it once got Petal Dance. I'm willing to bet it got at least 90% of all of the original attacks.

These are Mimic, not Metronome, but: Magnemite + Iron tail.
Dugtrio + Horn Drill

Set up: I am fighting a Smeargle with my Togetic in Silver.

Togetic used Metronome!
Togetic used Aeroblast!
Togetic's attack missed!
Smeargle used Sketch!
Smeargle learned Aeroblast!
*Me, out loud: "OMG hax!"*
Kanos used Ultra Ball.
Gotcha! Smeargle was caught!

Except add in about 6 Ultra Balls because that Smeargle didn't want to be caught, and I wasn't about to attack it.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom