• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Here's how we could figure out how many Pokemon will not be in SwSh...

You still don't have to respond. If you want the topic to end, you can just ignore it and let other people talk if they want to you. You don't have to be drawn back in to something you don't want to just because your post was quoted.
Again, you were talking to me. The fact you quoted me means you were responding to my words.

To bring this back to the thread starter, @Knightwolf09 do you happen to have screenshots of the calculations people in the Discord made?

So you just quoted me, and made responses expecting me to not say anything in return?
I didn't expect you to feel pressured to respond if you didn't want to. It's not uncommon on forums for someone not to respond if they don't want to-if you didn't, I'd figure that you were done talking about it, and leave it at that.

Look at some of your posts from earlier today:

Are you expecting to get into major discussions on regional dexes, expectations for news, and how many protagonists an anime can have? Or did you just want to share your thoughts?

I was asking around on another Pokémon forum, r/pokemon, about the length of the guide of the USUM guidebook for reference, and got this response:

Which can basically be summed up as: “if the SwSh guidebook is like the USUM guidebook, it’s nearly impossible to guesstimate the amount of Pokémon in SwSh, however, if it’s like the SM one then maybe you can make a guess within 100 Pokémon.” Note that the first link is to Bulbapedia’s page on this USUM guidebook.

Edit: Added a few sentences

I didn't expect you to feel pressured to respond if you didn't want to. It's not uncommon on forums for someone not to respond if they don't want to-if you didn't, I'd figure that you were done talking about it, and leave it at that.

Look at some of your posts from earlier today:
View attachment 124320View attachment 124321View attachment 124323

Are you expecting to get into major discussions on regional dexes, expectations for news, and how many protagonists an anime can have? Or did you just want to share your thoughts?
Just sharing my thoughts. Found it funny he says USUM felt small when it's actually more packed than SM, and gave a bit more detail on the announcement, and saying how it is possible to balance a large group of characters. Wasn't exactly asking or looking for a response back.

Just sharing my thoughts. Found it funny he says USUM felt small when it's actually more packed than SM, and gave a bit more detail on the announcement, and saying how it is possible to balance a large group of characters. Wasn't exactly asking or looking for a response back.
That's exactly my point. I'm just sharing my thoughts-you don't have to respond if you don't want it.

But yours was a more direct response though. Like you wanted me to say something. Didn't want to ignore you either.
Well, I'm letting you know now-you don't have to say anything, and I won't feel like you're ignoring me if you don't respond to it, or any other post of mine. You don't have to reply to anything that you don't want to talk about.

Well, I'm letting you know now-you don't have to say anything, and I won't feel like you're ignoring me if you don't respond to it, or any other post of mine. You don't have to reply to anything that you don't want to talk about.
There's also this sense like you wanted to say something to me without me seeing it?

A look at the pokedex section of the Official Pokemon Sun and Moon strategy guide, if anyone wants to really see just how many of those pages are dedicated to that.

View: https://youtu.be/nIAd8vtSJxQ?t=594

Which I gotta say, the section is so small that any change to formatting or to the rest of the content in the book would throw any estimates entirely off.

There's also this sense like you wanted to say something to me without me seeing it?
Then why would I quote your post and give you the notification about it? It'd be just as easy to quote your words without notifying you.

I expressed my thoughts on your points, and you are free to respond or ignore them however you want. I'm not masterminding some weird trick to "win" an online discussion by letting you somehow miss my post, and I'm not trying to drag you into a discussion that you don't want to be a part of. Please stop suggesting that I have some bad ulterior motive here, I'm literally just posting my thoughts on a thread for discussion.

Then why would I quote your post and give you the notification about it? It'd be just as easy to quote your words without notifying you.

I expressed my thoughts on your points, and you are free to respond or ignore them however you want. I'm not masterminding some weird trick to "win" an online discussion by letting you somehow miss my post, and I'm not trying to drag you into a discussion that you don't want to be a part of. Please stop suggesting that I have some bad ulterior motive here, I'm literally just posting my thoughts on a thread for discussion.
I just thought you noticed we just ended our little depute right there, and then you just come add onto it after it's over.

I just thought you noticed we just ended our little depute right there, and then you just come add onto it after it's over.
Please stop suggesting that I have some bad ulterior motive here, I'm literally just posting my thoughts on a thread for discussion.
I posted my thoughts because, while your discussion with Binacle was over, I thought the topic was still being discussed. I'm not trying to attack you, reignite a fight, win some argument, or force you to post when you don't want to. I've told you over and over again that this was not personal, and that you had no need to respond if you didn't want. I am allowed to express my opinions on this thread as much as anyone else, and I shouldn't have to prove that I'm not some villain in disguise to do so.

I posted my thoughts because, while your discussion with Binacle was over, I thought the topic was still being discussed. I'm not trying to attack you, reignite a fight, win some argument, or force you to post when you don't want to. I've told you over and over again that this was not personal, and that you had no need to respond if you didn't want. I am allowed to express my opinions on this thread as much as anyone else, and I shouldn't have to prove that I'm not some villain in disguise to do so.
While you're free to express your opinion I only recommend that you try to read the air a little before putting up you thoughts. Going "Oh look these guys seem to have bickered for a page or two, and seem to have agreed to end. Lemme just throw my thoughts in after everything's said and done and it'll totally not potentially reignite an extinguished flame." is what can potentially set guys like me off. So again, while free to express, at least question yourself first if the opinion needs to be said.

While you're free to express your opinion I only recommend that you try to read the air a little before putting up you thoughts. Going "Oh look these guys seem to have bickered for a page or two, and seem to have agreed to end. Lemme just throw my thoughts in after everything's said and done and it'll totally not potentially reignite an extinguished flame." is what can potentially set guys like me off.
I saw it as a discussion of opinions, not "Knightwolf vs AngryBinacle, nobody else is allowed to talk". You two weren't the only people talking-SpinyShell responded to your posts a few times, and Oriden responded to Binacle. And this is a public thread for discussion, not personal messages exchanged on your profiles. What about this situation would indicate nobody else was allowed to talk about the dex cut? Other people were still talking when I joined in.

And you are responsible for your own actions. Don't blame other people for "setting you off"-you have control over what you say and do.
So again, while free to express, at least question yourself first if the opinion needs to be said.
Maybe you can do the same next time you get on your tenth rant about how "People who want the Nat dex back don't know how to have fun", or the next time you think someone quoting your post is doing so because they have some secret plot to make you look bad.

Since it seems like it’s impossible to make a definitive estimate, I’m going to keep my hopes up for at least 500 new and old ‘mons. I’d say that’d be a decent enough amount of Pokémon. People would have enough options for several playthroughs and a larger pool of Pokémon would also help lessen the heightened centralization we’ll most likely see in competitive.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom