• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Herman Cain quotes Pokémon again: Reused quotation correctly referenced

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Herman Cain quotes Pokémon again: Reused quotation correctly referenced

Herman Cain once again quoted Pokémon the Movie 2000 as he resigned from the Republican Presidential race yesterday, citing a line from The Power of One. In a previous speech, Herman Cain used the same quotation, but incorrectly attributed it to "a poet."

Read more on Bulbanews

I'd talk about the political humor involved, or maybe I'd bring up how I said it a day earlier, hell I could say all sorts of crazy things I've heard of the man. But perhaps no better reply to the topic - and indeed - anything Herman Cain in general, exists than the following...

59271.gif

lol he should have quoted a better song from that CD... like uh... "Blah Blah Blah" or
"They Don't Understand"
You know we got our own special language
That only we can speak
And parents never know just what it means
(Oh no)

They don't understand
How we communicate
Or so many things
That we do and say

They don't really get what it's all about
No they never can understand
Pokemon

The awesome thing is that a presidential candidate quoted a pokemon movie. The sad thing is that I liked him the most.

Is he trying to get votes from Pokemon fans?....I know,doubt it but this is really odd...But think...Pokemon fans taking control of the US government....I like that thought...

Is he trying to get votes from Pokemon fans?....I know,doubt it but this is really odd...But think...Pokemon fans taking control of the US government....I like that thought...

Taxes is just the government winning the battle
Pizza is a vegetable because herbivore pokemon eat it
Fast and furious is just a rocket executive in political power supplying TR
The stimulus package is giving the economy a rare candy
The super committee is the elite 4, with the speaker being the PL champ
John Huntsman is like Ghetsis
Mitt Romney is like Archie
Rick Santorum is Maxie
Rick Perry is Giovanni
Ron Paul is that old guy that won't let you pass in Viridian

A government based on pokemon? I can see it now:

Only females can be police officers.
Only females can be doctors and nurses.
All highways that have the word "Route" in them are designated to catching wild animals.
You are only allowed to own 6 pets.
At 10 years old you are allowed to leave your house and do whatever you want.

This sounds good to me!

Of all the movies to quote, he quoted "The Power of One"? That's random. Oh well, he's out of the race now anyway, and to be honest he kinda creeped me the hell out.

John Huntsman is like Ghetsis
Mitt Romney is like Archie
Rick Santorum is Maxie
Rick Perry is Giovanni
Ron Paul is that old guy that won't let you pass in Viridian

Where does Cyrus and Greevil fit into all this?:p

In the meantime, this article reminds me of my favorite Pokemon demotivator:

1275196765331366.jpeg

Next, Romney is going to make his campaign slogan "I want to be the very best president. Like no one ever was."

Obviously Cain dropped out of the race to greet his true calling: TBA Master. Of Pokémon. Does he have the skills to be number one?

His campaign was not in the top percentage of campaigns.

I'm trying to think of a hilarious comment to offer on this to compete with all the other hilarious comments, but I've got nothing.

I guess he's still such a little kid at heart. :D *shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom