• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Hero Academia (Manga and Anime) Discussion Board

lovandra

Almost always on Tapatalk.
Reaction score
The real title is Boku no Hero Academia, but I not use the 'Boku no' on the thread title for 'savety' reason XP.

So I keep myself update of this manga since last year and, despite my low reviews to most of current shonen mangas, I really really like this title and predict it will be a HIT.

And they will got an anime adaptation at April, 3rd 2016 on Japan and Funimation licensed the series for streaming service.

And I try to find it anywhere online but can't find how long they will keep the animation, so this will be long anime serialization... *I hope they just will be as long as Eyeshield 21 and not super duper long till too tired to watch like OP and Naruto*

So, anyone else have read the manga? Or heard about it? What is your prediction about the acceptance of the anime, especially on western fandome?

For you who not yet read or aware about this title... I give you some of the summary and link to the official trailers.

Summary
The main character of the story, Izuku Midoriya lived in a world with "Quirks" or Kosei or simply Superpower is a normal things. Almost anyone, but Izuku who from 4 years old learned that he is Quirkless. Young Izuku have a huge dream to be Superhero, as a part of Superhero Association where the strongest Quirk users are selected to against Criminals.
Being a Quirkless, Midoriya is bullied by his peers but despite all, he still doesn't give up and keep his dream to be a Superhero like 'All Might'. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated "Hero Academies" in the country: Yuuei Academy.

Trailers

I have read some of the manga, I thought it held promise. It drew me in.

I have a SJW subscription so I have no excuse but to be up to date with it, even though I'm not, heh. But this motivates me to read more.

I don't care about the anime except that it shows that it has popularity. The main VAs aren't to my liking, and the music is okay, judging from the trailers.

Bones Studio produces the anime so their VA high likely to be really digitals. There won't be too much different in storylines between anime and manga I think cause Bones rarely put on fillers on FMA and RHSW. But I usually still able to enjoy that kind of animes.

Excellent series this cour. Pretty good characters, plot and hint of future antagonists.

Looking forward to the second season.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom