• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hero Project: Hero Academy Start-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, that. That's mostly just called electricity, man. It's what the brain turns food into to move muscles." Evan says.

"Well then you'd be violating the law, kid," said Eiji. "You see, Earth is but one planet in an entire universe of sentients," he said. "Earth is part of an allience with those alien races to provide us protection. However, the allience has laws relating to tech. Pretty much, it states you have to earn it," he explained. "Earth has only earned a level 2 on that scale, so as a whole, it has to work it's way up to the higher levels. But this also has a plus, aliens invading Earth are required by laws of conquest to 'pull their punches', ever wonder why such highly advanced races have tech we can actually beat? It's because we're only level 2 and their laws require they hold back and give us a chance," he explained. "If we shared our tech with them, we'd violate intersteller law and leave ourselves open to invasions even the tech we've got now is no match for, as breaking law means they don't have to avoid breaking the law against us."

Erizu, glad her aology had been accepted, jumped onto all fours and raced ahead of everyone else carrying her suitcase in her kitty fangs. she wanted to go see the school she was sure it would be brilliant.

OOC: I assume you cleared that with Renewel? It's his RP...

IC

"I'll believe that when I see it. Until then, I'm just waiting for Washington to get fed up with the preaching and call in the marines."

"I think I understand. One thing we don't need is more metahumans." Evan says. "Sure, they provide good company, but they can cause more trouble than they're worth. Most of us can do more damage than any despot's weapon of choice."

"Kid, we're the ones Washington calls in when the marines can't handle it," said Eiji. "But anyway, human kind isn't entitled to anything," he said. "There are races that, through centuries of hard work, earned technology far beyond what humanity at its present state can even imagine, how would you feel if you worked hard for something, then someone who hadn't done anything and was far less deserving than you was just handed the same thing on a silver platter? You'd be ticked off, right?" he asked. "That's how those races that worked hard to develope that tech would feel if we just handed it to normal humans."

"Hm. Comparisons. Those are fun. Let's see, the US is more advanced then most third world nations, it has the technology to help them. But let's say it doesn't. It doesn't send any medications, any food, no technology for unstable democracies. The result is a bunch of tinpot tyrantships popping up and a couple thousand dead. But that's alright because they didn't *work* for those things. It's a messed up morality you've got there."

"We use our healing technology on civilians and those that need it all the time," said Eiji. "Better comparision, let's say the US gave a third world country nuclear power to ease it's energy woes, and they use the nuclear power to make nukes and use them as weapons to conquer their neighbors."

"As an alien, perhaps I can explain better, Gregory, because I've seen it before," explained Sora, walking up. "According to your file, you've got a great deal of magic power, but have been unable to resist dwelving too deeply into its power on occasion, the last time left you nearly dead, merely getting it left you in a coma," she said. "If I told you, give your powers, the powers you have right now to say a normal, untrained five year old, how would you react?"

"That's not an accurate comparison and you know it. Giving away my powers means I would lose them. Powers and technology are two different things-one can give technology away and not *lose* it. As for delving too deeply into them....one can muster the courage to explore. Or stay in the caves for the rest of their lives. I chose to explore.

They treat us like children, like a third-world nation. What they're forgetting is that even a hellhole like Korea can build a nuclear missile. What can an entire planet do I wonder? I hope, one day, that some world leaders find the bravery to answer that question."

"Forget the fact you'd lose your powers, let's say there's no effect on you," said Sora, ignoring his rant. "Knowing what you know about your powers, and their consquences, would you feel right giving a copy of those powers to an innocent, untrained five year old?"

"Well, hm, if they would vastly improve his life, allow him to bridge the distance between the stars and secure his species lot in the galaxy, at the cost of a few risks, I'd have no problem with it." This arrogant creature disgusted Gregory, he didn't show it, but all he saw here was another alien sticking it's nose in where it didn't belong.

"And that type of attitude is exactly why we do not trust humanity with this technology," said Sora. "I'm 23 in my planet's years, do you know how old that is in human years?" she asked. "12,000 years, and I'm still a young adult," she explained. "But you, a 17 year old human, a race that on a cosmic scale are a very young species, think you know enough to accurately measure the risks and benefits of giving such power to another entity," she continued. "A very wise human named Socrates once said 'I am wise because I know what I do not know', accurately knowing that while other arrogantely said they knew things they appeared to know but truely didn't, he knew he didn't know those things and was thus wiser than they were," she explained. "He questioned himself as well as tried to get others to question their beliefs, he wasn't afraid to ask himself 'am I right?', and accept if he wasn't," she said. "Now, you ask yourself, are you right?"

Sora suddenly teleported in front of him. "Really?" she asked. "Have you seen other races, at the same level of humanity, be given the same level of technology we have here and annilate themselves thousands and thousands of times with only a a few that actually advance and survive?" she asked. "I have, it's a sad thing, Gregory," she said. "A very, very sad thing, billions of lives wiped out because one arrogent alien thought 'oh this technology will help them so much it's worth the risk' and gave it to them." she explained. "How would you feel if giving that boy your powers resulted in the entire US being obliterated by his misuse of the magic you gave him?"

"The grow, one must take risks. Risks are by their very nature...risky. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But it's that, or stagnate and die."

"But if you knew the risks outweighed the rewards, you don't do them, right?" asked Sora. "Well I know from experiences, a race 500 years older than humanity, given the same tech that destroyed those younger races, flurishes instead of destorys itself in nearly all cases," she explained. "Then, with that knowledge, do you agree the wiser choice is wait 500 years until the rewards outweight the risks?"

"And what gives you the right to judge us I wonder? Besides that, in my view it's better to self-terminate then to live off the table-scraps of others. Better to die free then live a beggar. You aliens, you think you are so-very-suprior. If it were up to me, the second your represenatives touched down, we'd have fought you every step of the way. This is our planet. Don't forget that." With that, Gregory set off again, fully prepared to plow the alien over if it tried to stop him again.

"That's quite the argument." Drew whispered to himself as he worked with the Rubics Cube, already having the red and blue done, which only had about 5 pieces each.

Roxanne laughed at Jonny and looked at Mimi.
"Wait do you know where to get hot beverages?" she asked not knowing she could act normal and forget the british charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom