• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hero Project: Hero Academy Start-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Honestly no." Jonny admitted with a sheepish smile. "But everyone else is driving me insane at the moment so I just wanna go somewhere that's not here." He explained. "You interested in doing a little exploring?"

Roxanne smiled and nodded.
"Trsut me I get into many places I'm not supposed to be in. I'm a very good digger" she said hoping he didn't get what she meant as she was stupid enough to say that.

Jonny raised an eyebrow at Roxanne's choice of words but didn't comment. "Then what are we waiting for?" He asked with a smile. "Let's just get out of here... I'm sure we'll find something exciting to do here."

Roxanne quickly agreed and got up. She let Mimi back on the floor and started walking.
"So what did you do before coming here?" she asked trying to get a conversation going.

"Well, I didn't do much to be honest." Jonny laughed. "What I did do was mess around with my powers on the streets of New York City. You know, abused my powers for fun. Which is why I'm here actually... they didn't like that much."

"Henshin!" yelled Sora, taking off her pendent and transforming into her, human sized, true form, teleporting in front of him, furious. "Show respect you little welp!" she said, not taking it lightly. "You're a disrespectful little kid who thinks you know everything, guess what? You don't!" she said. "I've saved this planet millions of times, you know why?" she asked, seriously. "Because I love this planet! I love you humans! You're amazing creatures and this is an amazing planet! I stay here by choice! If I'd wanted to, I could've abandoned Earth to all those monsters and aliens I've fought off, but I didn't! Because I love this planet and want to see humanity grow and become better than it is!" she said, then gave him a glare. "But you don't respect life, and until that changes, you'll never be a superhero, at least not a good one!" she said, reverting to her human self. "Chose extinction over living on table scarps?" she asked, her face showing pure disgust. "Until you learn what a precious gift life is, you don't deserve that book or your powers." she said. "True heroes know how special and important life is, that's one of the most important rules of being one, if you can't learn that, you'll have flunked out before the end of the month," she said, walking off disgusted.

"She's right, Gregory," said Eiji. "That's one of the biggest rules of being a hero, if you don't know what a special thing life is, if you disreguard it, you'll never be able to save lives," he said, walking up to him. "Showing disreguard for life when you're a full fledge superhero could get millions killed," he explained. "...I'm disappointed in you kid, I know you have a lot of potential to be a great hero," he said. "...You repeatedly showed disreguard for life, even the fate of all humanity, I'm afraid you're going to have to be punished," he said, taking out a ticket book and writing something on. "Report to detentional hall and write 'I will respect life' on the board 100 times." he said, giving him the ticket.

Drew kept solving his Rubics Cube. At the same time, his conscious couldn't help but laugh.

That was a bit wierd. It said inbetween laughs.

"So, now I'm being punished for my beliefs? Fuck it. I'm calling my dad. We'll see what he has to say about this." Gregory was, to put it lightly, pissed off, by what right did these...these facists have to tell him what he could and couldn't believe? They liked to think they were suprior. That amused Gregory. That amused him a great deal.

"I'm gonna have to side with Ms. What's-Her-Name here. Giving everyone a superpower would be giving everyone the means to level at least a city block. Let's face it, someone would." Evan says. "Besides, why do we need it? Things like global warming have a way of fixing themselves, with a little help from mankind. People cause problems, sure, but we can fix them. Besides, if we were given a piece of tech by aliens 500 years before we should have got it, we'd miss the stuff the scientists who would work on it would make on the way."

"The way I think of it is simple, if everyone had super-powers, of high technology, we'd have the ability to repair that damage and stop it from happening in the first place. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to call my dad and see if I can't get away from these facists."

"The way I think of it is simple too: Just because we built an atom bomb doesn't mean we have the tech to make it so we can afford to give one to every Nietzsche-wannabe." Evan says. "However, isn't it kinda racist?" Evan asks Sora.

"Yes, because that belief is one of the number one motivations for supervillains," said Eiji. "Prefer extinction over 'table scraps'? Have no restrictions on doing things that 'might' benefit mankind but have a high risk of destroying them?" he asked. "If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a 'what I'm doing is for the benefit of mankind, a few billion deaths is nothing compared to what I'm bringing us' speech from the very man that had me stuck in a death trap, I'd be a multi-billionar." he said. "You know what happens when I've run a simulation on each and every one of those people's plans Gregory? The end of the world or at least several cities destroyed for nothing in a best case senero," he explained. "Here's the simple truth, Gregory, respecting life is the thing the biggest part of being a hero, you can't protect something you don't have respect for," he said, dead serious. "Pop quiz, if a supervillain, anyone, had your father in a death trap and a missile aimed at a major city, and tells you which one to save, you have three options," he said, holding up his hand with three fingers up. "Save your father," he said, putting one down. "Save the city," he said, putting down another. "Or, despite all odds, somehow save them both," he said, putting his last finger down. "Forget logic, what would someone that respects life do?"

Roxanne heard the pop quiz. She quickly ran up to them.
"I'd save my dad because he pays my credit cards" she said flicking her hair and then looking in her purse for a lipstick.

This time, Drew couldn't help but laugh at Roxanne's answer. He tried to stop, but couldn't.

"City." Evan says. "If the odds are stacked against you, it'd be stupid to risk a city for one person, even if the person in question is your father. Now, if there was a good chance you could succeed in saving both, my answer would be different, but it's not exactly heroic to put thousands of people at unnecessary risk."

Sora looked to Evan. "How so? I love the earth, I have nothing against it or its people," she said.

Eiji looked to Roxanna. "Bad reasoning," he said then to Evan. "By logic, good answer, but disreguard logic." Then looked back to Gregory for the answer.

"Well, I'd personally go with City. It's easier for thousands of people to replace the life of one that the other way around." Drew explained, not tlooking towards the group.

"I don't care about the other people. Unless they're designers then they can die. Don't see any of them paying my credit card. I don't blame them though, I spend more then a fat guy in McDonalds"

She had finished adding her makeup and put it backm in her bag.

"Arrogance is a weakness. And if I was disregarding logic, I'd choose my father, and many, many people would die. I'm pretty sure you want me to choose the middle ground, but that's both logical and illogical, if that makes sense." Evan says to Eiji, then turns to Sora. "You're denying humanity as a whole tech. I guess technically it's discrimination. I'm just saying." Finally, he turns to Roxy. "I'm pretty sure someone would foot your bills if you saved their city."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom