• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Hey maybe I should do my headcanons here (OUTDATED)

Gladion 20 headcanons
Gladion
  1. He goes to whatever the Pokémon world’s equivalent of Comic Con/anime cons is.
  2. He uses his sewing skills to make Pokédolls for Lillie.
  3. As a kid, he would play with dolls with Lillie to make her happy.
  4. He might lowkey collect designer dolls because of that.
  5. He likes bass heavy electronic music and rock.
  6. He also jams to modern musicals, especially rock musicals.
  7. His room is very messy and he doesn’t care.
  8. He sees crying as a sign of weakness.
  9. He cries, but only in front of his Pokémon.
  10. He took piano lessons when he was little. He was really good at it, but he didn’t like any of the music he had to play so he quit…
  11. ...but then he got a keyboard and gained unimaginable powers.
  12. He knows Kalosian, Galarian, Kantonian, and Alolan.
  13. He’s actually pretty smart and knows a lot about a lot of different subjects.
  14. He might not ever grow out of his emo phase, but he does regret reposting fake deep Dragon Net pictures on his main when he was younger.
  15. He’s touch starved and just wants a hug.
  16. He was a Calvin and the Patrats superfan as a kid and wants no one to know this, because that would ruin his image.
  17. Everyone knows he was a Calvin and the Patrats fan, though, and no one cares but would he please stop staying at PokéDenny’s after closing—
  18. He’ll sit at the table in the corners of his local PokéDenny’s like the theatre trash he is. Sometimes, he’ll bring Hau, Elio, Selene, and Lillie along. They don’t understand why the manager is yelling at them to leave.
  19. Underneath the layers of edge, he’s a triple threat. Beware.
  20. He’s really good at old arcade games.

Trans lesbian Sonia
I need to get back to posting headcanons...
June is a few days away, so I'll probably be doing more LGBTQ+ headcanons.
Sonia.png

I'm back with one headcanon that's been on my mind: the eighth/last Gym Leaders being a close friend group/"clique". They probably couldn't meet too often, but that's what League meetings and text group chats exist.
Maybe I'll write about this more, idk. This idea popped into my head again, and I thought I might as well add something to this thread again.

Nurse Joys
While there are doctors in the Pokémon world that specialize in human care, Nurse Joys/Pokémon Center Nurses are required to take a course on human healthcare (after all, sometimes it's not just the Pokémon that are injured, but also the trainers). Lessons include, but are not limited to:

• Treating injuries, both relating to Pokémon (burns, poisoning, electric attacks, etc.), and unrelated (scrapes and broken bones from falling)
  • Crisis intervention and conflict resolution
  • Basic first aid (stuff like CPR)

Hoenn stone symbolism (Steven is running over ASAP)
It's common in Sootopolis City for couples to exchange Heart Scales as a symbol of their love. Some even go to special jewelers to get them made into beautiful necklaces.
Gemstones also play a part in Sootopolitan culture.
Rubies symbolize the land and sun and represent Groudon. Many farmers' most important tools are decorated with them.
Sapphires symbolize the sea and rain and represent Kyogre. Sailors often wear jewelry with them to pray for calm, easy travels.
Emeralds symbolize the sky and peace and represent Rayquaza. Emissaries often keep emerald trinkets on hand during diplomatic missions.
Pearls are associated with wealth, love (more specifically in the eros sense), and beauty. Occasionally, they're also associated with the mythical Pokémon Jirachi, so they also represent the stars and good luck.
Adding on to a previous post about gemstones in Sootopolitan culture, in general Hoennese culture, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds also represent, respectively, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza (kind of). Some differences in Hoennese gem symbolism:

• Pearls are also seen as symbols of wealth and beauty, though unlike in Sootopolitan culture, they aren't necessarily associated with erotic love.
  • Jade symbolizes Rayquaza more commonly than emeralds. Because of this, jade is the "peace and sky" gemstone and is, in modern times, associated with the Hoenn Peace and Love movement. Emeralds, on the other hand, is associated with natural beauty.
  • Rubies symbolize wealth, while sapphires represent prosperity. Both are used in decorating agricultural tools, though sailors more often carry around Blue Shards for good luck.
  • Sometimes, Aquamarine will be added to the trio of gemstones (ruby, sapphire, and emerald) as a birthstone for winter months (ruby - summer, sapphire - autumn, emerald - spring)
  • Jirachi is usually associated with star stones rather than pearls.

Last edited:
eight gym leaders
I'm back with one headcanon that's been on my mind: the eighth/last Gym Leaders being a close friend group/"clique". They probably couldn't meet too often, but that's what League meetings and text group chats exist.
Maybe I'll write about this more, idk. This idea popped into my head again, and I thought I might as well add something to this thread again.
Screw it, let's go back to this one:

- They all sort of knew each other before they came a "group", but they only really hit it off at a League meeting. Wulfric thought it would be a fun idea for all the eighth Gym Leaders (and Hapu) to hang out (since all of the Champions are very close friends). Contrary to what everyone thought would happen, they all... get along??? And peacefully discuss things like literature.

- Sometimes Iris hangs out with them, but she mostly hangs out with the Champions.

- There's a chaotic text group chat. It accounts for 70% of their interactions due to distance. When there's a conversation going... oh boy.

- They're all at least sort of into pop/rock (secretly or not), so they made a band. They had a battle of the bands with the Champions' band. We don't talk about the battle of the bands.

- It's pretty chill, but it's also sort of therapeutic in a way, because they all deal with the pressure to meet high expectations (from themselves or from others).

Reading Rattata
The Normal type Gym Leaders have a "Reading Ratatta" Program, encouraging their Gym Trainers (and other kids) to read books. They keep book logs, and sometimes (okay really often) they hold read-a-thons with prizes.

Clemont
what's the most interesting thing that clemont does (that you wouldn't expect him to do)?
Oooh questions! I like those :)

Well, Clemont played for a year in his school marching band, but even after he quit, he still kept his clarinet. Nowadays, he mostly just plays TV show theme songs (he has a not-so-secret-but-he-doesn't-really-bring-it-up-because-he-just-doesn't-feel-like-it secret talent of being able to figure out how to play melodies without sheet music).

Hinodejin names
It isn't very common for Hinodejin people to have middle names, but there are exceptions (religious names, maiden names, coming from places where middle names are more of a thing, etc.).

Steven is mixed Galarian/Hinodejin, so he has a middle name: Oxford. This means that his initials are "SOS". Drake has made many, many jokes about this.

Hinode
Last edited:
Injuries
hm, has anyone had some sort of an injury sustained as a result of a battle? (like getting hit by a stray move/feral pokemon)? is it common?
There are measures taken to prevent injuries during Gym/Stadium/official League battles, so accidents usually only happen with out-of-control Pokémon (Spoilers for SWSH) Like the post game for SWSH, where all the Dynamax Pokémon are rampaging. Thanks to the help of the Gym Leaders, however, no one got critical injuries.

Of course, this is only in the control environment of stadiums and such. Outside of that, injuries are very common. Examples from notable trainers include:

• Volkner - sustained several injuries of varying degrees from battling Pokémon poachers and gangs
  • Siebold - broke an arm while trying to fight a wild Ryhorn
  • Bea - several injuries from her intense training

Back
Top Bottom