• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Hey maybe I should do my headcanons here (OUTDATED)

Kanto profiles - 3
Lorelei Prima
DOB: March 15, 2970
Hometown/Region: Four Island/Sevii Islands
Hinodego name: Kanna (カンナ)
Sexuality: Bisexual homoromantic
Blood Type: A
Medical History: N/A
MBTI: ISTJ

Bruno Ishibashi
DOB: June 21, 2971
Hometown/Region: Wherever the hell he feels like hometowning. Usually Lance’s couch.
Hinodego name: Siba (シバ)
Sexuality: Bisexual (preference for men)
MBTI: ISTP

Agatha Fannon
DOB: October 30, 2800 (she refuses to tell anyone what her birth year is, “never ask a lady how old she is or if she’s pregnant”)
Hometown/Region: Lavender Town/Kanto
Hinodego name: Kikuko (キクコ)
Sexuality: Oak Heterosexual
Medical History: ???

Lance Ryūjin
DOB: May 10, 2974
Hometown/Region: Blackthorn City/Johto
Hinodego name:
Sexuality: Bisexual (slightly leans towards men)
Blood Type: B
Occupation: Elite Four member turned Champion, heir to Clan Ryūjin
Medical History: Probably has something trauma/anger related. Never got diagnosed with anything because of how his family is.
MBTI: ENTJ

Last edited:
Any reason why Brock is the only Kanto Gym Leader (besides the obvious) to not have a Hinodego-based last name?
Harrison is a pretty common fanon last name for Brock (I thiiiiiink it stems from an interview with the VA for anime!Brock?) and I just thought "hey, we'll run with it. Maybe his dad's Galarian. Or maybe he's related to George Harrison". And it sort of stuck in my headcanon head, even when I scrapped Misty's common fanon last name (Waterflower) to replace it with a Hinodego one.

Johto profiles - 1
Ethan Kanemoto
DOB: July 21, 2984
Hometown/Region: New Bark Town/Johto
Hinodego name: Hibiki (ヒビキ)
Sexuality: Bisexual
MBTI: ENTP

Kris Papadaki
DOB: December 14, 2984
Hometown/Region: Whitestone/Johto
Hinodego name: Kurisu (クリス)
Sexuality: Lesbian
MBTI: ESTJ

Lyra Kaneshiro
DOB: April 30, 2984
Hometown/Region: New Bark Town/Johto
Hinodego name: Kotone (コトネ)
MBTI: ENFJ

Silver Argentum
DOB: December 24, 2984
Hometown/Region: Wherever he wants… Elm’s house
Hinodego name: Shirubā (シルバー)
Blood Type: AB
Medical History: Abandonment issues

Johto profiles - 2
Falkner Hayabusa
DOB: March 2, 2981
Hometown/Region: Violet City/Johto
Hinodego name: Hayato (ハヤト)
Sexuality: Bisexual (slight lean towards men)
Medical History: Daddy issues. Also he’s got a few scratches from birds, some more prominent than others.

Bugsy Kimura
DOB: April 3, 2985
Hometown/Region: Azalea Town/Johto
Hinodego name: Tsukushi (ツクシ)
Sexuality: Unsure
MBTI: ENFP

Whitney Ueda
DOB: May 29, 2985
Hometown/Region: Goldenrod City/Johto
Hinodego name: Akane (アカネ)
Blood Type: O
MBTI: ESFP

Morty Matsumoto
DOB: April 4, 2979
Hometown/Region: Ecruteak City/Johto
Hinodego name: Matsuba (マツバ)
Sexuality: Unlabeled
MBTI: ISFP

Chuck Nakajima
DOB: November 8, 2955
Hometown/Region: Cianwood City/Johto
Hinodego name: Shijima (シジマ)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
MBTI: ESTP

Jasmine Kaneko
DOB: September 21, 2978
Hometown/Region: Olivine City/Johto
Hinodego name: Mikan (ミカン)
Sexuality: Bisexual (strong lean to women)
Medical History: Generalized Anxiety Disorder
MBTI: ISFJ

Pryce Yukimura
DOB: December 2, 2921
Hometown/Region: Mahogany Town/Kohto
Hinodego name: Yanagi (ヤナギ)
Medical History: Minor issues with mobility that come with age

Clair Ryūjin
DOB: March 31, 2976
Hometown/Region: Blackthorn City/Johto
Hinodego name: Ibuki (イブキ)
MBTI: ESTJ

Johto profiles - 2
Will Suzuki
DOB: July 7, 2979
Hometown/Region: Lance’s basement
Hinodego name: Itsuki (イツキ)
Occupation: Elite Four member, says being a magician is his job, but like… he’s not making money from it
Medical History: PMDD
MBTI: INTJ

Karen Karasu
DOB: October 31, 2976
Hometown/Region: Lance’s basement
Hinodego name: Karin (カリン)
MBTI: ENTP

Eusine Enomoto
DOB: October 14, 2976
Hometown/Region: Morty’s couch
Hinodego name: Minaki (ミナキ)
Sexuality: Pansexual
Medical History: Has gotten himself injured multiple times in his hunt for Suicune

Harrison is a pretty common fanon last name for Brock (I thiiiiiink it stems from an interview with the VA for anime!Brock?) and I just thought "hey, we'll run with it. Maybe his dad's Galarian. Or maybe he's related to George Harrison". And it sort of stuck in my headcanon head, even when I scrapped Misty's common fanon last name (Waterflower) to replace it with a Hinodego one.
Appearing briefly to drop a little bit of trivia about this — I hope you don't mind, lol. I actually share that very same headcanon name for him, so I got curious and did a bit of research as to where exactly it originated from.
From what I've gathered...

Supposedly, the interview with Eric Stuart (Brock's VA) in which he said "Brock's last name is Harrison" was from July 2006, when he was asked for a fact most people don't know.
But, the earliest mention I can find of Brock's full name being "Brock Harrison" is actually from as far back as 2003 — from volume 54 of an annual film book called Screen World, when listing the cast and roles of the fourth movie. That same cast list also features some other characters' names, such as "Misty Williams" and "James Morgan" (which I've also seen being used as fanon last names for them):

unknown.png

Interestingly, the name "Misty Williams" for Misty can be dated even further back; first appearing in 2000 on a similar cast list for the first movie. So, my best guess is that these were the internal names that were used on the English dub's scripts, or something of that nature.
As to why they chose those specific ones... who knows.
(Though, I do feel like it's worth noting that the name "Harrison" can have the meaning of "home-ruler", or "ruler of the household" — and anime!Brock has tons of little siblings that he was left to take care of on his own.)

Anyway, I love all these mini character profiles you're doing and I'm having a lot of fun reading through them all! They're very insightful, each one almost feels like a little snippet of all the worldbuilding you've done. :bulbaLove:

Appearing briefly to drop a little bit of trivia about this — I hope you don't mind, lol. I actually share that very same headcanon name for him, so I got curious and did a bit of research as to where exactly it originated from.
From what I've gathered...

Supposedly, the interview with Eric Stuart (Brock's VA) in which he said "Brock's last name is Harrison" was from July 2006, when he was asked for a fact most people don't know.
But, the earliest mention I can find of Brock's full name being "Brock Harrison" is actually from as far back as 2003 — from volume 54 of an annual film book called Screen World, when listing the cast and roles of the fourth movie. That same cast list also features some other characters' names, such as "Misty Williams" and "James Morgan" (which I've also seen being used as fanon last names for them):

unknown.png

Interestingly, the name "Misty Williams" for Misty can be dated even further back; first appearing in 2000 on a similar cast list for the first movie. So, my best guess is that these were the internal names that were used on the English dub's scripts, or something of that nature.
As to why they chose those specific ones... who knows.
(Though, I do feel like it's worth noting that the name "Harrison" can have the meaning of "home-ruler", or "ruler of the household" — and anime!Brock has tons of little siblings that he was left to take care of on his own.)

Anyway, I love all these mini character profiles you're doing and I'm having a lot of fun reading through them all! They're very insightful, each one almost feels like a little snippet of all the worldbuilding you've done. :bulbaLove:
You get a free "coming into my thread with trivia" pass because I appreciate it a lot

Hoenn profiles - 1
May Birch
DOB: September 20, 2986
Hometown/Region: Littleroot Town/Hoenn
Hinodego name: Haruka (ハルカ)
MBTI: ESFJ

Brendan Yoshida
DOB: July 2, 2986
Hinodego name: Yūki (ユウキ)
Sexuality: Bisexual (slight masc-aligned lean)

Norman Yoshida
DOB: September 8, 2959
Hinodego name: Senri (センリ)

Wally Tsuruta
DOB: May 31, 2988
Hometown/Region: Petalburg City/Hoenn, later Sootopolis City
Hinodego name: Mitsuru (ミツル)
Medical History: Born two months premature, immunocompromised, social anxiety
MBTI: INFP

Last edited:
What’s interesting about Wally is that the prevailing fan theory that I’ve seen about his illness — as far as I know, anyway — is that he has asthma, and that the cleaner air of Verdanturf Town is what justifies him being sent there. He also apparently uses a “respiratory suit” in the manga (per Bulbapedia, which only just read a few minutes ago, haha, so I suspect that some subtleties in my understanding might be lost there, and said suit could indeed be for many things). I bet you’ve toiled through all of that info and more already, though! In any case, I can totally buy him being immunocompromised, even if I’d imagine that would make his symptoms even harder to deal with (oof). And it’s nice to see you go for a slightly less conventional interpretation of his medical troubles here.
(Alternate interpretations of familiar fandom territory is one of the more fun things about your blog, really!)

What’s interesting about Wally is that the prevailing fan theory that I’ve seen about his illness — as far as I know, anyway — is that he has asthma, and that the cleaner air of Verdanturf Town is what justifies him being sent there. He also apparently uses a “respiratory suit” in the manga (per Bulbapedia, which only just read a few minutes ago, haha, so I suspect that some subtleties in my understanding might be lost there, and said suit could indeed be for many things). I bet you’ve toiled through all of that info and more already, though! In any case, I can totally buy him being immunocompromised, even if I’d imagine that would make his symptoms even harder to deal with (oof). And it’s nice to see you go for a slightly less conventional interpretation of his medical troubles here.
(Alternate interpretations of familiar fandom territory is one of the more fun things about your blog, really!)
I’ve seen both bronchitis and asthma as the two most common interpretations of Wally’s condition. From my research, asthma isn’t a thing that people usually recover from, and Wally seems to get better as the plot of the games goes on. (Of course, this could just be his condition improving once he spends more time in areas with cleaner air/less triggers. Not to mention the fact that the game plot can theoretically last anywhere from a few hours to years. It’s complicated. Alternatively I give him both. Alternatively Alternatively I put the Facadeverse in the Victorian era and give him tuberculosis)
It’s also in part because of my silly little “Wallace and Wally parallel each other in this verse” thing going on:
  • Both of them are Sootopolitan, and both are named after the same saint (Saint Wallace, patron of sick newborns and mothers)
  • Both were born premature and immunocompromised and in general have a lot of health issues (the Wally side is based in part of canon, the Wallace side not so much)
  • Spoilers for ATAC stuff Both lost their biological parents at a young age (Wallace's from a storm at sea, Wally's from a Team Rocket attack
    [*]Both were taken in by Sootopolis authority figures (Wallace - Megalos/Juan, Wally - Wallace)
    [*]Both get pushed into the spotlight at young ages (Wallace is groomed to be a Sootopolis public figure from the age of 10, Wally becomes Champion at 13-15 depending on what I'm feeling)
  • Wallace probably realizes these similarities when he takes Wally in and that maybe Wally is on a one way train to Wallace-type disaster, and he wants Wally to grow up... not like how he did. And Wallace also maybe wants to be less Megalos more Juan

Hoenn profiles - 2
I'm sorry, Hoenn
CW//Mental Illness, drug abuse, implied abuse

Roxanne Roche
DOB: September 1, 2981
Hometown/Region: Rustboro City/Hoenn
Hinodego name: Tsutsuji (ツツジ)

Brawly Hamasaki
DOB: August 20, 2981
Hometown/Region: Dewford Town/Hoenn
Hinodego name: Touki (トウキ)

Wattson Surge
DOB: June 8, 2925
Hometown/Region: Mauville City/Hoenn
Hinodego name: N/A

Flannery Farrell
DOB: July 20, 2983
Hometown/Region: Lavaridge Town/Hoenn
Hinodego name: Asuna (アスナ)
MBTI: ESFP

Winona Kimura
DOB: October 4, 2976
Hometown/Region: Fortree City, later Sootopolis City/Hoenn
Hinodego name: Nagi (ナギ)
Medical History: Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and trauma from... a lot of stuff; fertility issues

Anabel Kimura
DOB: February 20, 2980 (due to, like, Ultra Wormhole stuff, Faller!Anabel is 36 when Mainverse!Anabel is 21)
Hometown/Region: Fortree City > Azalea Town > Ikusajima Island (Mainverse!Anabel)/Fortree City > Azalea Town > Ikusajima Island > ??? > Hau'oli City (Faller!Anabel)
Hinodego name: Lila (リラ)
MBTI: INTJ

Tate Hua
DOB: June 10, 2991
Hometown/Region: Mossdeep City/Hoenn
Hinodego name: Fu (フウ)
MBTI: INFJ

Liza Hua
DOB: June 10, 2991
Hometown/Region: Mossdeep City/Hoenn
Hinodego name: Lan (ラン)

Wallace Izumi Papadakis
DOB: August 15, 2976
Hometown/Region: Sootopolis City/Hoenn
Hinodego name: Mikouri (ミクリ)
Occupation: Coordinator, Lorekeeper, Gym Leader to Pokémon Champion
Medical History: Immunocompromised; At the age of 19, after being hospitalized for a ruptured esophagus and complications from malnutrition, Wallace was diagnosed with PTSD, GAD, Purging Disorder, Substance Abuse Disorder (alcohol, prescription, illegal substances, marijuana), Bipolar II Disorder, and OCD/OCPD; fertility issues

Last edited:
You know, after going from here to Alternate Title, Alternate Champion (your earlier reply to me about Wally spurring me over there), reading all of what happened over there, and then coming back here, has me wondering about something (a lot of things, actually). I know that your characters often have a lot of… “stuff” (as I like to call it) going on inside themselves that they have to deal with; stuff that the real world often doesn’t help a lot with, assuming that it’s even fully understood or recognized at all, if not worse. But what I’m wondering is… how does your world treat this “stuff”? And how do some of your characters handle how both the world treats that “stuff” and, well, how that “stuff” treats them? Especially, say… Wallace and Winona? It seems in particular that the latter might’ve had a really hard time with it, given her apparently not very pleasant relationship with her mother…

Mental Health Stuff
You know, after going from here to Alternate Title, Alternate Champion (your earlier reply to me about Wally spurring me over there), reading all of what happened over there, and then coming back here, has me wondering about something (a lot of things, actually). I know that your characters often have a lot of… “stuff” (as I like to call it) going on inside themselves that they have to deal with; stuff that the real world often doesn’t help a lot with, assuming that it’s even fully understood or recognized at all, if not worse. But what I’m wondering is… how does your world treat this “stuff”? And how do some of your characters handle how both the world treats that “stuff” and, well, how that “stuff” treats them? Especially, say… Wallace and Winona? It seems in particular that the latter might’ve had a really hard time with it, given her apparently not very pleasant relationship with her mother…
Okay, so this is a very interesting question, and I ended up thinking way more about it than I thought I would. So... late and long ramble incoming. (Also I'm mainly going to be focusing on Hoenn/possibly Hinode as a whole because... the world. The world is big.

CW//Mental Illness, Suicide

In theory, I headcanon the world of Pokémon as much more utopian than ours: healthcare is free, people are generally good to others, etc. In practice, I write to vent and process and stay up for hours looking up how hospitals in Japan vs Greece vs France, and I write character who are very, very, very biased (consciously or otherwise).

I try to lean more to a Nobledark route—things aren't as good as they could be and there's plenty of issues with the system (a lot of evil teams sprouted up from dissatisfaction with governments or humanity, people down on their luck being exploited by crime lords and corrupt foes, rich people who just hate poor people, etc.), but there's always the hope that things can get better. People band together to speak up and make change and help their siblings of the land, sea, and sky. Around the turn of the 31st century, things are looking up for many people. Characters struggle with a lot of shit, but with strength from within and a little help from their friends, things get better. That's the biggest takeaway I want to take away from writing: hope. There's always hope that things will get better.

But none of that answers the original question so let me just get to that

Healthcare across the world is considered a human and Pokémon right, and healthcare is free. That being said, the general public's understanding of mental illness is... spotty at best and sensationalist at worst. Think gossip tabloids obsessing over celebrity mental illness. Most people know that mental illness is bad, but not how to spot the warning signs or get help. This is especially true for lesser-known/understood disorders such as BPD and schizophrenia. Suicide is a big issue, especially after the Hinode economic collapse of 2978, but it's a... touchy topic that few want to discuss for cultural reasons. It certain areas, mental illness is seen as weakness.

But things are improving in recent years, especially in the 3000s (which is around the time that ATAC takes place). More public figures are opening up about their struggles with mental illness, leading to more awareness and understanding. Education on mental health is becoming more widespread.

And that’s not even mentioning Pokémon Based Therapy! Some people use Pokémon as service mons. Pokémon like Chansey and Hypno are vital to treating mental health patients. To tie this back to Wallace my beloved, they have a therapy Spheal who helps during panic attacks and nonverbal episodes with clapping communication and grounding hugs.

Agatha
So... I accidently came up with some absolutely clownish lore for Agatha.

CW//Horror??? themes of death and murder

Long ago, Agatha made a deal with a Gengar. In exchange for being Gengar's vessel, Agatha is able to extend her lifespan (and get really cool martial arts fighting skills)... through murder. So if she murders a 30 years old, she gets 30 more years, etc. She offered this deal to her daughter, Bertha, but Bertha wanted to live a normal, mortal life of freedom.

Also she... might be Blue's grandma. It's a mysteryyyyyyyyyy

Back
Top Bottom