• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Hey maybe I should do my headcanons here (OUTDATED)

Intro/Steven 20 headcanons
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hey there! This is my BulbaBlog for my personal headcanons for the Pokémon world, its people, and its Pokémon. I usually do them of characters/topics that interest me, though I do open requests from time to time.

Other rules and stuff:
-Check this post to see request status.
-I ask that you keep character requests/ship requests to three at a time (for requests like this where you request a character/ship, I'll come up with 20 assorted headcanons). If it's a simple question (ex. what kind of coffee do all of the Gym Leaders like?, Every Champion's favorite music genre?, ex) I can probably do more than three characters (as long as it's not, like, every character ever lol. I could do all the League members, though.)
- For region requests (20 headcanons for a region), keep it to one region at a time. (If you ask a question like "how does each region do X?", I can do every main series region and possibly spin off regions)
-I do ships and stuff, so long as it's not incest/pedophilia/abuse/you get the idea
-Some headcanons may lean toward more serious topics related to things like mental health (a lot of times, I self project on/use headcanons for characters I'm attached to as a coping mechanism), but I'll mark things with content warnings as needed.
-Don't have a character in mind? I'm open to questions about Pokémon/the world/history/certain regions and cities/etc.
-I occasionally do pride/LGBTQ+/sexuality and gender headcanons
-I also do "characters as [insert thing] quotes"/incorrect quotes
-Please know that I'm only human and have responsibilities/a life outside of this thread, so requests and responds might not come immediately. That being said, when requests are open, feel free to request characters/topics!

Requests for characters/questions are: Closed!

I'll start with my headcanons for Champion Steven Stone, in the form of... 20 Questions!!!

I'll start with my headcanons for Champion Steven Stone, in the form of... 20 Questions!!!

1. What are their music tastes? Can they play an instrument?
Steven likes slow jazz and classical music, but he also secretly loves rock/surf music a la The Beach Boys.

2. What's their earliest memory?
Looking for rocks with his dad for the first time when he was maybe four or five. Joseph Stone was busy with work throughout Steven's childhood, so Steven savors moments like this.

3. What makes them worry?
He worries a lot about being a good Champion, his friends getting hurt, spiders getting into his house...

4. What do they do in their free time?
He goes rock hunting, reads about rocks, organizes his rocks, talks to people about rocks... fine fine fine, he does things unrelated to rocks, like talking to his friends about other things, training with his Pokémon, etc.

5. How extroverted/introverted are they?
Steven is on the introverted side and doesn't like initiating conversations or friendships, but once you become his close friend, you two will be bestest buddies. Social gatherings with large amounts of people can be really draining for Steven, but get togethers of five or so close friends are okay.

6. What's their guilty pleasure?
Rocks, except he feels no shame for it.

7. What do they think of children?
Steven wants to be a father, but he can't have children, so he compensates by being the dad friend of his friend circles. He's Roxanne's unofficial legal guardian.

8. What's their favorite book genre?
Nonfiction.

9. What are their bad habits?
Forgetting to eat and take care of himself. He also easily gets distracted by rocks during important business meetings.

10. What sports do they do?
Rock hunting/hiking

11. Coffee or tea?
Steven drinks a lot of coffee (Glacia has to make sure he only has two caffeinated cups a day), but he'll drink tea if it's given to him.

12. Night or day?
Steven doesn't really have a sense of time. It could be two in the morning and he wouldn't know. Wallace got him a watch to stay on track, but Steven forgets to wear it.

13. What's their happiest memory?
Anything involving rock hunting.

14. How easily do they cry?
Steven only cries around certain people (Wallace, Glacia, Drake), but he cries somewhat easily.

15. How do they react to extreme cold/heat?
Steven lives in Hoenn, so he's used to heat. Over time, he also got used to extreme cold because of all the time he spends in caves.

16. What's their presence on PokéSocial Media like?
Surprisingly, Steven isn't on social media. His PR team suggested they make him an account on Dragon Net (the biggest social media platform in the Pokémon world), but Steven declined.

17. How good are they with technology?
Really good, being heir to the Devon Corporation. For better or worse, this leads to his friends asking him for tech support. (He's like the tech support guy in that Nintendo Customer Service training video)

18. Who are/were their role models?
Drake was the Hoenn Champion for much of Steven's childhood, and Steven took the title from him. Drake served as Steven's mentor when Steven became the Champion.

19. Are they romantic? What's their ideal partner?
Steven's demisexual, but among his partners, he does his best to be a good SO. He's romantic, but he's neither good nor confident with it. He says stuff like "gee you're uh really pretty today" and compare his SO to pretty rocks he likes. His ideal partner would also be interested in rocks or at least listen to him talk about them.

20. Do they get along with others?
Steven gets along pretty well with others. Being an important business man, he knows how to talk to people and avoid and diffuse confrontation.

Last edited:
  • Staff
Oh yes, sometimes I headcanon that there are animals in the pokémon world, but they're critically endangered creatures and there are very few of them, and also that they're quite ignored by humans.

If you give me the freedom to tell you my favorites I'll end up naming more than twenty :ROFLMAO:. Cilan, Lt. Surge, Erika and Nanu if you can, please.

Cilan|Lt. Surge|Erika|Nanu Single headcanons
  • Staff
Oh yes, sometimes I headcanon that there are animals in the pokémon world, but they're critically endangered creatures and there are very few of them, and also that they're quite ignored by humans.

That's a pretty interesting headcanon! I feel like animals are pretty rare in the Pokémon world and have quite the competition to deal with.

If you give me the freedom to tell you my favorites I'll end up naming more than twenty :ROFLMAO:. Cilan, Lt. Surge, Erika and Nanu if you can, please.

Also ahhh Erika is my favorite Kanto Gym Leader! You chose well! I'll do the twenty questions for each character, but that may take some time, so I'll list some random headcanons here:

-Cilan collects those little bottles of herbs that you can find at the grocery store. Sometimes he uses them, but he just likes how the bottles looked lined up on a shelf.

-Lt. Surge makes really good barbecue food.

-Erika is from a pretty wealthy and influential Kantonian family (she has maids in the TCG and so I was like "hey what if she had like a manor or something"). She doesn't really think much about it.

-Nanu does favors for the other Trial Captains/Kahunas in exchange for these little Meowth toys that are popular in Alola and Kanto (I guess they're similar to those Shopkins toys and other surprise collectable toys).

Thank you, I'm happy you like my headcanon. Also thank you very much for the headcanons, not only you will make me twenty of each one, you also give me four for free, you're very kind :bulbaLove:.

The headcanons are great, you're very talented. Erika is also my favorite Kanto leader, and I also believe that she comes from a wealthy and very traditional family, I headcanon that she became a gym leader to have a little more freedom. Now all your headcanons are also my headcanons, I can really imagine my sweet Cilan collecting colorful bottles, Nanu collecting little Meowths and right now I'm craving to eat from Lt. Surge's barbecue :p.

Thank you so much! I love thinking of headcanons. It helps me escape the world and dive into a better one, one with Pokémon and happiness (and the Gym Leaders, lol).

You're welcome, thanks to you. I can really relate to that, when I was a kid I always imagined a world with Pokémon, and even as an adult I do it from time to time. I can see that you really like the gym leaders, me too :ROFLMAO:.

Education in the Pokémon world
  • Staff
Education in the Pokémon World

Kids ages 5-10 are required to go to school, although many kids ages 3-5 go to preschool. Most kids ages 10-13 also attend middle school, and most kids ages 14-18 attend high school. Although many kids become Pokémon trainers by this point, a growing number of students are attending college and trade school.
Kids who go off to be trainers (“Trainer’s Leave”) are always welcome to return to school. Some kids even continue education as they travel to become trainers (like those of the Preschooler and Schoolkid trainer classes). Trainer’s Schools primarily focus on Pokémon and battling, though they teach subjects beyond that.
At elementary grade levels, students learn basic subjects like language arts, math, social studies, and science. Basics about Pokémon are also taught. Galarian has become part of compulsory education in Japanese regions, and Japanese is becoming more common in schools in other regions. In middle school, students expand upon these subjects, in addition to learning a language other than Galarian or Japanese.

• Kanto students have some of the highest grades in the Pokémon world, although they’re five times more likely to drop out and join crime gangs. Cram schools are extremely common.
  • Johto’s education is comparable to Kanto’s, although they have far more art schools. While college students in Kanto are more likely to major in science, math, and engineering fields, college students in Johto are more likely to major in art, literature, and history fields.
  • Hoenn has the highest number of college graduates out of any Kantonian region, but things like apprenticeships are certainly still a thing, especially the Grande Archipelago and especially in Sootopolis City. Business and science majors are very common.
  • Sinnoh has a rapidly increasing number of students, foreign exchange and not, studying mythology and theology, although technology and engineering are also popular. There are also many online class courses trainers take on their Pokétech.
  • Unova’s biggest majors include social sciences, psychology, and philosophy. Teaching degrees are very popular.
  • Kalos has many private and religious schools. Schools of the arts are very common, in addition to exchange programs (Blue went on one of these exchange programs in college).
  • Alola has a strong focus on Pokémon studies and Pokémon battles. Both the traditions of Alola and the innovations of the modern world are studied.
  • Galar emphasizes sports and extracurricular activities a lot. Students from all over the world compete to study at Hammerlocke University. STEM subjects are pretty common for majors.

Cilan|Lt. Surge|Erika|Nanu 20 headcanons
Cilan, Lt. Surge, Erika and Nanu if you can, please.

CW for implied PTSD (Lt. Surge and Nanu) (It's mostly subtext but just to be on the safe side I'll put this here.)

Cilan

He’s a basic boy and plays the violin. He likes classical music, but so do Cress and Chili, so Cilan says he specifically likes marches.

A vague memory of taking a first day of school picture with his brothers. They were all in matching outfits.

Cilan has to grapple a lot with both wanting to stand out among his brothers while also not being completely separated from them. He also worries when he doesn’t have answers to problems or questions. It makes him feel like he’s out of control.

Cooking, reading, playing violin

Cilan is an ambivert, while his brothers Chili and Cress are, respectively, extroverted and introverted.

He likes the smell of rosemary a whole lot.

He thinks they’re pretty great.

Mystery.

He sometimes blanks out when he needs to speak, especially in front of a crowd. He’ll sometimes then act like he knows what he’s talking about and it’s uhhhh hit or miss.

He was on the track team in middle school for one (1) meeting.

11. Coffee or tea?
He drinks a cup of coffee every morning, but he much prefers tea.

12. Night or day?
Leans towards day.

Getting his starter Pokémon along with his brothers.

Not easily, but there are times when he’s a blubbering mess eating tubs of ice cream.

He doesn’t react to either too well, but he manages with the right clothes.

He has a Dragon Net account where he posts cooking/Grass type related pictures. He’s got an average following for a Gym Leader.

He’s good with cooking technology. He’s a master of the Poké Bake Oven.

His brothers, famous Pokémon Conessiours, and Alder (Alder is a role model for pretty much everyone in Unova).

He’s a gentleman around his SO. He seeks a polite partner with whom he can engage in long, intriguing conversations.

He gets along with others pretty easily.

Lt. Surge

He likes 90s rock. When Lt. Surge moved to Kanto, Brock introduced him to several Kantonian rock bands that quickly became favorites. Surge played saxophone in school at some point.

His Raichu (then Pichu) hatching. The two have been inseparable since.

Lt. Surge is constantly somewhat paranoid, but he’s usually able to keep a brave face.

Training and jogging are big ones, but he’s taken up meditation recently.

Extroverted. He’s confident, perhaps overconfident, and he always speaks his mind.

Low budget movies.

He has a daughter and son, and he always signs up as chaperone for their field trips. Other than his kids, he thinks kids are weak, though he somehow finds himself serving as a mentor figure (Think the G.I. Joe cartoon from the 80s. Actually I haven’t watched it other than the “now we know” “and knowing is half the battle”, but that’s the energy I’m thinking of).

Paperback adventure novels.

He has a bit of a temper. He's getting better and better at controlling it, though. He also yells a lot when he's pumped up.

American (Unovan? Alolan? I’m just going to say American) football and track and field.

11. Coffee or tea?
He was impartial at first, but he’s slowly leaning towards tea.

12. Night or day?
Strong lean to day.

His Pikachu evolving into a Raichu. It was in the middle of a major battle, and it brought a surge of energy and hope to Surge.

He sheds a single tear when he’s really proud.

He can pull through either of them pretty well.

He has a Pokébook (Facebook but Pokémon yes I know how creative I am), where he reposts Gym Leader memes from Volkner’s Dragon Net account (with Volkner’s permission, of course). Also wholesome memes about how he loves his wife.

He’s good with plane technology. He can take apart and put together a plane. He can also use the World Wide Web.

His fellow soldiers always inspired him.

He gets really soft around his wife. He acts almost like a completely different person around her.

He can be a little brash at first, but earn his respect and he’ll be a friend who will protect you to the end.

Erika

She likes anything calm and relaxing (anything she could sleep to). She plays the koto.

Erika isn’t good at remembering things, but she does have a vague memory of chasing an Oddish in the garden.

Erika isn’t too much of a worrier, though she does worry about keeping her Gym Trainers and Pokémon safe and keeping her Gym tidy.

She sleeps a lot, but when she’s not sleeping, she’s probably arranging flowers, teaching at universities, gossiping, practicing kyūdō, or styling and bathing her Pokémon.

Erika is pretty introverted, and it doesn’t help that she was sheltered for much of her life. Don’t get me wrong, she knows how to talk to people, but because she’s not used to it, she prefers to spend time alone or with her Pokémon.

Romance novels. She loves stories about royalty falling in love and eloping in the countryside.

As long as they’re not stepping on her plants, she’s fine with them. In fact, she loves teaching younger and older kids alike about plants.

Romance

Dozing off and getting distracted during conversations.

Kyūdō (Japanese martial art of archery)

11. Coffee or tea?
Uncited sources say that coffee + Erika = disaster, but no one wants to confirm these sources. It doesn’t really matter, because Erika strongly prefers tea.

12. Night or day?
Day, surprisingly. Erika says that the flowers look prettier in sunlight, and they need it to grow. She also prefers sleeping in sunlight instead of darkness.

When she won her first flower arrangement contest with her Vileplume.

It really depends. Sometimes she cries just from finishing a romance novel, but other times she can get in a big battle with Team Rocket without much emotional expression.

She likes hot weather but hates colder weather. It’s bad for the plants. And cold.

She posts aesthetic flower arrangements on Dragon Net. She’s amassed quite a following.

Decent, I guess. Her dad works for Silph Co. (this is canon in the Pocket Monsters manga so I was like “yes this is good stuff”), but since she has an older brother who will probably inherit the company, she never cared much about technology.

The Kimono Girls and the previous Celadon Gym Leader, the latter of whom mentored Erika.

Erika gives her SO flowers with romantic symbolism, even going so far as to make elaborate flower arrangements. She values someone who’s gentle, kind, and loyal.

For the most part, yes, though she won’t tolerate people who don’t like Grass types.

Nanu

Awkward elevator music. He vibes to it unironically.

His family getting a Meowth when he was a young lad. It was the start of something wonderful.

He doesn’t like showing fear, but he worries when crime spikes in Alola. If someone he’s close to gets caught up in crime fighting, he worries they’ll get hurt. He’s always been generally worried about his comrades ever since the death of the Faller on his Guzzlord mission.

He stares at the wall, slowly petting his cat.

He doesn’t like talking to people much, and he really doesn’t like social gatherings.

Whatever the Pokémon equivalent of Cats is. “The musical or the movie adaptation?” Yes.

He thinks they’re swell.

Nanu doesn’t read much, but when he does, it’s usually a mystery novel.

He forgets to sleep a lot. Don’t ask how, he just does.

He’s recently taken up tennis, and Kahili is trying to convince him (and all of the Trial Captains and Kahunas) to try golf.

11. Coffee or tea?
Coffee doesn’t make him hyper, but it does help him stay up, and he likes the taste of it more than the taste of tea.

12. Night or day?
Night. He’s a Dark type trainer, after all.

After his failed Guzzlord mission, Nanu was pretty down. His Persian saw how sad he was, so he spent the night watching movies with Nanu. It was a small thing after a tragic event, but Nanu really appreciated it.

No one has seen him cry, but he might around his Meowths.

He’s used to both heat and cold, but he prefers cooler temperatures.

He doesn’t know what a social media is.

He can use a computer and a phone pretty well. He keeps the instruction manuals and reads through them sometimes.

While Nanu may not want to be in the Elite Four, he appreciates Kukui’s work. He also looks up to Looker.

Nanu doesn’t think of romance too often, though he’s still sort of open to the idea of it. He wouldn’t be too picky about an ideal partner, maybe someone who’s laid back.

Nanu doesn’t get angered easily, and he can talk to others just fine. It would take a lot for him to get mad at a person and not get along with them.

Oh, thank you so much, you're headcanons are amazing, I can see them all doing those things and in fact I've imagined similar things with them. I agree with everything and if I comment on each one I would only repeat myself, but I'll comment on some that I had not thought about:

- I never imagined Cilan playing the violin, but it goes so well with him. And him pretending that he knows what he's talking about when he really has no idea? Brilliant, I thought I was the only one who thought this.

- Which character do you think would be married to Surge? Or is it an OC or an assumption? I want to know :giggle:.

- Erika as an archer is so cool! Now I imagine her being archery friends with Selene, who is an archer in the manga.

- Nanu staring at the wall and liking the Cats movie? Perfect. And that memory of his family getting a Meowth is adorable :bulbaLove:.

I would love to ask for more characters, but I don't want to abuse. Please tell me if I can, if not, it's okay. Thanks again :enzap:.

a language other than Galarian or Japanese.

You headcanon that the English language in the Pokémon world is called Galarian? Cool :).

Oh, thank you so much, you're headcanons are amazing, I can see them all doing those things and in fact I've imagined similar things with them. I agree with everything and if I comment on each one I would only repeat myself, but I'll comment on some that I had not thought about:

Ahh thank you so much!!!

- I never imagined Cilan playing the violin, but it goes so well with him. And him pretending that he knows what he's talking about when he really has no idea? Brilliant, I thought I was the only one who thought this.

I miagine him and his brothers being very prim and proper, and the violin is seen as a very prim and proper instrument (also as a viola player I've seen, like, so many violin players lol)

- Which character do you think would be married to Surge? Or is it an OC or an assumption? I want to know :giggle:.

I headcanon an OC (who I haven't really developed too much but want to do so in the future because I love thinking of character's families), but I left it open so the reader can make their own interpretation.

- Erika as an archer is so cool! Now I imagine her being archery friends with Selene, who is an archer in the manga.

Yes they would be best buddies!!!

- Nanu staring at the wall and liking the Cats movie? Perfect. And that memory of his family getting a Meowth is adorable :bulbaLove:.

Thank you.

I would love to ask for more characters, but I don't want to abuse. Please tell me if I can, if not, it's okay. Thanks again :enzap:.

As long as requests are open (you can see the requests status on the first post), I'll take character requests. When I get too many characters (or too many things to do outside of headcanons), I'll close requests until I finish the ones I have to do and until I have the motivation to accept character requests. I have some characters I'd love to do headcanons on, but other than that, I don't really have any other requests, so ask away!

You headcanon that the English language in the Pokémon world is called Galarian? Cool :).

Yeah usually I headcanon language/nationality names in Pokémon to be based on their real world counterparts (so Galarian is English (language) and British (nationality), Kalosian is French). If there isn't yet a canon real world equivalent, I'll either avoid saying the name, say "Poké(language/nationality/etc.)" as a temporary substitute, or just use the real world name (ex. Japanese and Latin)

Oh, thank you! This is so fun, you might think I'm crazy but for some reason I like to ship Erika and Lt. Surge, I know is weird :ROFLMAO:. But anyway, if you write something about that OC I would like to read it. And for the characters, Lana, Fantina, Valerie, Cheren and Morty please, I like so many characters that I had to restrain myself from naming :whistle:.

Oh, thank you! This is so fun, you might think I'm crazy but for some reason I like to ship Erika and Lt. Surge, I know is weird :ROFLMAO:. But anyway, if you write something about that OC I would like to read it. And for the characters, Lana, Fantina, Valerie, Cheren and Morty please, I like so many characters that I had to restrain myself from naming :whistle:.

Aw Erika and Lt. Surge sounds cute! Maybe one day I'll do a series of characters and their families, and when I do, I'll talk more about Surge's wife!

Those are some good characters! And I can relate to liking so many characters lol.

Lana|Fantina|Valerie|Cheren|Morty 20 headcanons
And for the characters, Lana, Fantina, Valerie, Cheren and Morty please, I like so many characters that I had to restrain myself from naming :whistle:.

Lana
She likes anything that’s mellow, though she also loves singing along to pop hits. She wants to learn an instrument, but she doesn’t know which one.

A fishing trip with her dad. He didn’t catch anything, but the two still had a lot of fun looking at the Water type Pokémon.

She worries about being a good big sister, a good trial captain, and a good fisher. She’s also insecure about her height.

Fishing, decorating her room, drawing, and hanging out with her friends.

Slight lean towards introverted. She needs her space sometimes, but she’s always happy to spend time with her friends.

Rom coms and pop songs.

She’s canonically 11-19 years old (I headcanon her to be 15), so what does she think of fellow kids? She likes talking to them.

She likes nonfiction and lighthearted, feel good books.

She gets flustered and embarrassed easily. She bites her fingernails a lot.

Fishing, sailing, baseball, golfing

11. Coffee or tea?
Occasionally, Lana drinks coffee, but it’s only when she needs a boost of energy. She drinks tea more often, but she doesn’t drink it everyday.

12. Night or day?
The ocean is beautiful at night, but Lana prefers daytime because it’s easier to see.

Catching Dewpider, her first Pokémon and first fishing catch.

The average number of times a Water type trainer cries (which is… a number. I don’t really know what number. Probably slightly higher than the average for a regular person.)

She’s used to warm weather, but she needs to bundle up for colder weather.

Mallow convinced her to make a Dragon Net account. Lana posts videos of her training and fishing catches and has a bit of a following.

Pretty good.

Her father was probably her biggest role model, and he inspired and fostered her love of fishing and Water type Pokémon.

She doesn’t really think about romance, except when she’s watching a cheesy rom com, where she’s like “OMG that is peak relationship goals” and thinks “OMG… that is peak relationship goals”. She wants what any teen girl wants in romance: someone who will lift her off her feet and ride with her into the sunset as the credits roll.

She may be shy, but once she gets to know someone, she’s very friendly with them.

Fantina

If she can dance to it, then Fantina loves it! Fantina grew up in a very art oriented family and studied violin, cello, flue, and clarinet.

Performing in a preschool play. She doesn’t remember what the play was or what part she played, so she just imagines that she was the star of the show.

She doesn’t outwardly show worry, but Fantina worries about fitting in with the other Sinnoh Gym Leaders.

Studying Pokémon, dancing, and practicing for Contests.

Fantina is very, very much extroverted.

Chocolate. She really loves chocolate. Also bad puns.

She thinks they’re cool.

Books about Pokémon and thriller novels.

She bites her fingernails, not because of stress, but because she doesn’t like it when her nails get too long.

Dance.

11. Coffee or tea?
She doesn’t feel too strongly for either, but she prefers coffee.

12. Night or day?
Night. She thinks it’s prettier, and Ghost types are out at night.

Her first Contest. She didn’t win (she got in third place), but she still had so much fun with her Driftfloon (who later evolved into Drifblim).

Not often, but she will cry when she’s feeling extreme emotions (whether those feelings are happiness or sadness).

She doesn’t like either, but if given a choice, she would rather be cold than hot.

She has a UxieTube channel where she posts dance and Contest tips and tutorial videos. She has a big following.

Average. She can use a computer and deal with minor issues, but she needs to call Volkner or Thorton whenever she can’t solve a problem within twenty minutes (like everyone in Sinnoh does).

The prima ballerina of the Lumiose Ballet Company, which Fantina was a part of before moving to Sinnoh. Keira was also a huge inspiration when Fantina was starting out in the Contest world.

Fantina can definitely be romantic, and she also wants a partner (after all, she likes dancing with a partner). She wants someone to dance with, someone who will get her small little gifts, someone who will kiss her under the moonlight...

Fantina lights up the room the moment she steps in. She’s very sociable and will talk to almost anyone.

Valerie

Valerie loves waltzes. They feel so romantic and magical to her. She can play the clarinet pretty well.

Her mother telling her the story of the Rainbow Pokémon Ho-Oh for the first time, when Valerie was three years old. The sun was setting over Ecruteak City as Valerie watched her mother sew a pretty, red dress for her. For Valerie, thinking of the memory has a mystical air to it.

She worries about being pretty. She also wants to uphold a positive image of Fairy type Pokémon, since not much is known about them compared to other types.

Designing clothes, reading, pampering her Pokémon.

Extroverted. Valerie loves talking to people, and she often finds talking to people can be a source of great inspiration.

Fairy tales and stories, especially about Pokémon. She also collects porcelain dolls and figures.

She loves children. They have boundless curiosity and love, and she finds that magical. She wants to have children of her own someday.

Fantasy and folklore.

Obsessing over her looks and (occasionally) getting distracted by ribbons and such on her clothes.

Grant convinced her to try out a few sports, but the two that stuck were tennis and figure skating.

11. Coffee or tea?
Lean towards tea, though she drinks a caramel latte every morning.

12. Night or day?
Lean towards day. She gets scared of the dark, but she loves the moonlight. At the same time, daytime is pretty.

The day her Eevee evolved into Sylveon. It was a beautiful day, and a beautiful memory.

She doesn’t like crying in public, and it’s surprisingly hard to make her cry, but she does cry sometimes, either alone or with her Pokémon.

She reacts rather well; she can design clothes for any temperature.

She has a Dragon Net account, like most Gym Leaders and especially younger ones. Her following is small but quickly growing, and she posts about battles, Fairy types, and clothing from around the world.

She’s good at niche technology: old clocks, warp panels, etc.

The Kimono Girls were a big one, especially when it came to fashion. Sycamore is also a pretty important inspiration, alongside people like Opal and Diantha.

Valerie expresses romance in simple ways: little kisses, small notes saying “good morning” or “I love you”, dancing to music on records. She wants someone just as romantic, someone gentle and kind, someone dashing, brave, yet soft and sweet.

Absolutely! Valerie is very friendly and approachable. She’ll gladly talk about Fairy types, or help you deal with that bad breakup, or just casually talk about the weather.

Morty

Johto’s traditional music, though he also likes synth wave and trance music.

The Halloween he dressed up as a Gengar and a real Gengar tried to spook him, but Gengar ended up getting spooked. Morty was maybe five at the time and the experience gave him a god complex that lasted for a whole year and a half.

It’s hard to make Morty worried, but he sort of worries about being a good Gym Leader and good seer (you can assume that most Gym Leaders, especially young adult Gym Leaders, are worried about being good Gym Leaders/town or city leaders, and 90% of the time you’ll be right. Also according to Pocket Monsters: The Animation, being a Gym Leader is tough. I don’t know how canon the book is considering later episodes of the anime contradict parts of the book, but it was written by the head writer of the original anime series, and I’ve definitely picked up a lot of things from it for my headcanons/stories).

He vibes with his Ghost type buddies, maybe he vibes with his other buddies.

Morty doesn’t know much about interacting with people who aren’t Ghost types. He prefers to examine people from afar, save for a few close friends.

80s movies. He watches them at 3 AM with his Ghost buddies.
Also… hugs. He likes hugs.
And theatre.

He thinks they’re neat.

What else… ghost stories.

Sometimes Morty will train for days on end and forget to eat/sleep/other things people need to do every once in a while.

He tried table tennis once. He thinks he’s pretty good.

11. Coffee or tea?
Tea.

12. Night or day?
Night for sure.

The day he saw Entei. Almost nobody believes him, but he swears he saw him. He can describe every detail of the encounter.

Some say that Morty cries around his Ghost type Pokémon, or Eusine.

He really likes the cold. The heat? Sort of, but not really.

He’s considered getting some sort of social media, but he always decides against it.

Real bad.

When Morty was a boy, Agatha was the most prominent Ghost type trainer in Kanto and Johto. Other role models include Lance, Eusine, the people who helped Morty train, and the sages of Sprout Tower.

He’ll have his Gastly surprise his SO with a “Boo!” and a cheesy love letter. My boy loves cheesy stuff. And cheese. He's not too picky with ideal partners. As long as they’re not a jerk, he won’t complain.

He tries his best to get along with others. He’s also pretty chill, so he won’t start a fight or anything.

Cheren

Classical music. Cheren plays cello. He’s pretty good.

A kindergarten play that Cheren likes to forget about please don’t bring it up oh gosh please—

He overthinks everything, and he worries about his future a lot.

Studying and training, though sometimes he’ll give himself a break and go to a local café with his friends. He also likes to think about things.

Leans to introverted. He doesn’t hate social interaction, far from it, but it can get draining.

P...pop music.

Kids his age? Pretty cool. Young children/babies? Also pretty cool. Middle schoolers? Terrifying.

Nonfiction.

Overthinking things, playing around with pencils, overthinking things, biting his nails, biting pencil erasers, overthinking things...

Fencing, track, and Association football/football/soccer.

11. Coffee or tea?
Everyone is convinced that it’s tea, but it’s actually coffee.

12. Night or day?
Day. It gives him time to think and destress.

Starting his Pokémon journey with Bianca and Hilbert/Hilda :)

He cries rarely, and it’s only alone.

He prefers hot over cold and gets chilly easily.

He has a Dragon Net account and MiniorBlog (microblogging website). He rarely posts and mostly uses them to follow friends, so he doesn’t have too many followers.

Really good. Maybe not at building things, but he’s got some skills with troubleshooting and PC games.

Alder, Lenora, Marshal, Bianca, Hilbert, and Hilda, but mostly Alder.

Cheren’s pretty busy with balancing work and school, and he’s not really sure what he wants his future to be like, but he thinks it might be nice to eventually settle down with someone who he can engage in intellectual conversations with.

He’s gotten better over the years, and now he’s really good at talking to people, though he can get serious when the situation demands it.

Last edited:
Acerola|Drayden|Norman|Koga Single headcanons
These are some nice headcanons! If I can make some requests...
-Acerola
-Drayden
-Norman
-Koga

Welcome to my headcanon blog! And thank you for the compliment!

It might take me a day or so to do the 20 questions headcanons, so in the meantime, I'll leave you with some quick headcanons until I compile the 20 questions:

-Sometimes, Acerola doesn't feel tired at night, so she'll stay up and read with her Pokémon.

-Gym Leaders often turn to Drayden for advice, because while Gym Leader and mayor/leader of town or city are usually two separate jobs held by two separate people (Drayden being one of the exceptions), Gym Leaders are also expected to help out in the protection and maintenance of the town or city, and many of the Gym Leaders are young an/or don't know how to run a town or city.

-Norman is the only sane Hoenn Gym Leader. He's really good at being a father/mentor figure to them, especially the younger ones or ones who are orphans.

-Koga also serves a similar role to the Gym Leaders and, later, the Indigo Elite Four and Lance. However, the Elite Four and Lance in particular see him as a buddy to bring along to karaoke nights.

I love the headcanons, thank you! As with the previous ones I agree with all, so not to repeat myself I will only comment on some things:

- What medium do you use the most for your headcanons? Anime, games or manga? I ask because in your headcanons Lana has a Dewpider and in the anime she doesn't, but no matter which medium you use, I still love your headcanons. Do you ship Lana with someone? I like to ship her with Sophocles.

- Poor Fantina, I feel bad for her thinking that she doesn't fit :cry:.

- I like your headcanon that Valerie sometimes gets obsessed over her looks, a quality usually given to unpleasant girls, but that in reality isn't always like that, and I also like the one about her feeling pressure to give the Fairy type a good image. My headcanon about her is that she comes from Johto and used to be one of the Kimono girls, that's why she has Sylveon.

- That Halloween memory with Morty and Gengar was too perfect, Gengar is my favorite Pokémon :love:.

- Now I imagine Bianca sharing pop music with him while Cheren tries to deny that he likes it, then Bianca laughs and tells him that there's nothing to worry about, that will be their little secret.

I see that other users are also asking you for characters, good, I think that at this rate you may finish soon with all the leaders :ROFLMAO:. If you can Clay, Mina, Roxie, Sophocles and Whitney please, and thanks again for all your hard work :bulbaLove:.

-Sometimes, Acerola doesn't feel tired at night, so she'll stay up and read with her Pokémon.

-Gym Leaders often turn to Drayden for advice, because while Gym Leader and mayor/leader of town or city are usually two separate jobs held by two separate people (Drayden being one of the exceptions), Gym Leaders are also expected to help out in the protection and maintenance of the town or city, and many of the Gym Leaders are young an/or don't know how to run a town or city.

-Norman is the only sane Hoenn Gym Leader. He's really good at being a father/mentor figure to them, especially the younger ones or ones who are orphans.

I like all four but this three are too perfect, I definitely can see Acerola and Drayden doing that, and the Norman one we could say that it's confirmed by his scene with Wally.

Back
Top Bottom