• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Hey maybe I should do my headcanons here (OUTDATED)

Surnames - Kanto
Surnames - Kanto

Red Akari (Japanese, from 朱 aka, meaning “vermillion red” and 里 ri, meaning “village”)

Leaf Midorika (Japanese, from 緑 midori, meaning “green”, and 夏 ka, meaning “summer”)

Chase and Elaine Hoàng (Vietnamese, Vietnamese form of 黄 huang, Chinese for “yellow”, like Pokémon Yellow. I headcanons them to be twins.)

Brock Harrison (English, means “son of Harry”. Several sources, including Brock’s VA Eric Stuart, say his last name is Harrison, at least in the anime. For simplicity’s sake, I go with this as his last name.)

Misty, Violet, Daisy, and Lily Mizutani (Japanese, from 水 mizu, meaning “water”, and 谷 tani, meaning valley)

Lt. Robert “Bob” Surge (His French/German name is Major Bob, and Lt. Surge is his English name)

Erika Tanaka (Japanese, from 田 ta, meaning “rice paddy” and 中 naka, meaning “middle”)

Koga and Janine Seki (Japanese, from 関 seki, meaning “frontier pass”. Fuschia City’s Japanese name is Sekichiku City)

Sabrina Nakamura (Japanese, from 中 naka, meaning "middle" and 村 mura, meaning "town, village", referencing the fact the Saffron City is sort of in the middle of the Kanto region)

Blaine Yamaguchi (Japanese, from 山 yama, meaning "mountain" and 口 kuchi, meaning "mouth, entrance")

Giovanni Roketto (Japanese, from ロケット roketto, meaning “rocket”. Family name was chosen by Giovanni’s mother, to tie her bloodline to the Team Rocket legacy. )

Blue and Samuel "Oak" Ohkido (Japanese, Professor Oak’s Japanese surname)

Lorelei Prima (Latin, meaning “first”. Taken from her English dub name)

Bruno Ishibashi (Japanese, from 石 ishi, meaning "stone" and 橋 hashi, meaning "bridge")

Agatha Fannon (Irish, from Ó Fionnáin, meaning “descendant of Fionn”. Sounds similar to “phantom”)

Lance Ryūjin (Japanese, from 龍神, meaning “dragon god; dragon king”)

Last edited:
Headcanons are fun because they're either "I must restrain myself from going on a long, extended tangent on the decades of political conflict, war, rivalries, and other historical events that provide context for this character's tragic backstory" or "yeah this character would be a PokéVine star".

bisexuality
I'm slowly trying to get back into headcanons and stuff, but it's hard since I've got so much going on. I'm sorry, everyone. ( @EternalPokéFanGirl I'm really really sorry I haven't gotten your requests in yet, but they're coming eventually. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about them, and I'm really looking forward to finishing them!)

In the meantime, have some bisexual headcanons because way back when, I was doing PokéPride edits and I just found some of them on my computer.

Cynthia.png

Blue.png
Steven Stone.png
Nessa.png
Cress.png

Shauna 20 headcanons

I promise, promise, promise I will do your other requests. I finished the Shauna requests, and I figured I might as well post them so I don't have nothing for so long.
Thank you for your patience!

Shauna
  1. She has a very good memory, especially when remembering happy memories.
  2. Every so often, she makes her friends cookies, Poképuffs, and other baked goods.
  3. She’s lived in Vaniville Town for her whole life, but it was only recently that kids her age also lived in the town. Because of this, she didn’t grow up with a whole lot of friends.
  4. Because of this, she’s quick to try to make friends with people.
  5. She also easily trusts people.
  6. Her father works as a technician in Lumiose City, so she’d often come with him. It was here that she met Clemont and Bonnie, who were the kids of Shauna’s father’s friend Meyer. She also met Trevor there.
  7. She’s unapologetically boy band trash and theatre trash.
  8. Everything's better with bows.
  9. She collects fashion magazines from across the world and time periods.
  10. Denim pants? Absolutely. Denim jackets? Yes. Denim socks? Of course.
  11. She’s really good at math, and she does newspaper crossword puzzles.
  12. She has an old laptop that’s really slow and crashes every five minutes, but it was a gift from her mom and she doesn’t have the heart to replace it, so she just pays Clemont to fix it every week.
  13. It’s really rare for her to get sick.
  14. She likes walking in the rain. The sound of raindrops pitter-pattering is relaxing.
  15. She loves small cafés, and she prefers them over big, lavish restaurants.
  16. She has a large collection of scrunchies.
  17. If given the money, she would buy every dress she saw in the windows of the store.
  18. She’s pretty good at singing.
  19. She can play piano and viola.
  20. She’s a pro at Furfrou styling.

Last edited:
Don't worry, thanks for always pleasing us with your headcanons :giggle:. I wanted to mention my favorites but I love ALL of them, all of them are just perfect for the lovely Shauna :bulbaLove:. With so many gifted singers they should make a show on PokéBroadway :ROFLMAO:.

Thank you very much!

Also YES YES YES! We need PokéBroadway! I made a joke once about Po-Glee-mon where all the characters just sings songs and I know it will never happen but I can dream.

Gordie|Melony 20 headcanons
Gordie and Melony

I'm doing the requests slowly but surely!

Gordie
  1. He calls the other Rock type trainers nerds for being obsessed with rocks despite being obsessed with rocks himself.
  2. Surprisingly, he’s pretty gentlemanly and respectful, especially around elders and fans.
  3. He knows he has a lot of influence on the public, so he does his best to use his power for good.
  4. At the same time, he knows he can use his powers to make terribly cursed images and send them to Leon at three in the morning.
  5. Someone tell him to stop posting Dragon Net videos at four in the morning. He needs sleep.
  6. He’s a skateboard pro.
  7. He gained his confidence after watching a lot of action movies… somehow. He doesn’t really know how watching action movies specifically made him confident; just roll with it.
  8. When he was a kid, he would go with his dad to the movies every weekend.
  9. Watching horror movies also makes him feel cool, because “hey, I’m not scared. I’m cool.”
  10. He is very good at driving, despite the fact that he doesn't own a car. He’s even driven buses for little kids.
  11. He performed in his high school’s musicals back when he was in high school. He has major respect for theatre people.
  12. He’s still in college. He doesn’t know what he’s majoring in because all of those career quizzes suck.
  13. He likes to dress fancy.
  14. Those sunglasses are prescription sunglasses. When he isn’t wearing them, he wears contacts.
  15. He really likes literature because sometimes, funky stuff happens in literature.
  16. Sometimes he just walks into his stadium and yells very loud.
  17. He, Piers, Raihan, and Leon sometimes put on disguises and go out onto football fields and do epic gamer stunts.
  18. He makes Minecraft (or whatever the Pokémon world of Minecraft is) parody songs. He took music theory/songwriting classes in school, and he uses this power to pester Piers.
  19. He’s a former choir kid.
  20. Also, he’s a football player.

Melony
  1. She’s every League member’s mom friend.
  2. She’s literally so, so supportive of the Galar Gym Leaders. We don’t deserve her.
  3. Scratch that, she’s supportive of everyone.
  4. She’s trying to bond more with her eldest son (especially after the passing of his father), so she texts the other Rock type trainers for advice on her to “bond with a Rock type yuppie”. The only problem? Time zones.
  5. She has no concept of time zones herself. It could literally be three in the morning and she’ll happily listen to your text messages about literally anything.
  6. She takes care of Snoms. So many Snoms.
  7. Sometimes, she models winter clothes.
  8. She gets annoyed every time Gordie goes out in Chichester wearing shorts because YOU NEED TO BUNDLE UP—
  9. She has a small collection of wooden figures that she’s collected over the years.
  10. She gets very competitive with battling, board games, etc. Be warned.
  11. She loves coffee, tea, and hot chocolate equally.
  12. She loves giving hugs.
  13. Guilty pleasure? Soap operas.
  14. Also game shows.
  15. She does not stand for profanities.
  16. She loves family game nights, whether those games are board games or video games.
  17. She really likes cartoons.
  18. She likes soft, fluffy things.
  19. She tells Gordie about bands and songs that she listened to when she was younger. He loves everything she recommends him.
  20. She majored in Sociology for a reason not even she remembers.

Melony's kids' names
Also I'm going to just name Melony's other kids here. I'll have to retcon this if the anime or manga names 'em, but that hasn't happened yet.

Eldest daughter - Sigrid
Three sons (triplets) - Niklas, Oliver, Walter

Yes I chose these names so they would spell snow

Archie 20 headcanons

I know I'm being really slow with headcanons and I'm so sorry for that. I've just been really stressed the past two months. Well, at least I just have to do Tierno now.

Archie
  1. He does community service to make for that one time he almost flooded the world. Said community service includes battling with young trainers in the Battle Maison, cleaning up parks, and assisting at the local theaters.
  2. What if he… got on the good side of every Water type trainer… and pulled an Ocean’s Eleven (1960)? That would be silly, wouldn’t it? He really wants to do it.
  3. Luckily, the opinions of the Water type trainers when it comes to Archie range anywhere from “come on guys; he’s not that bad” to “guys, he woke up Kyogre and almost flooded Hoenn and the world”
  4. He legally changed his last name to “of the Ocean”.
  5. He thinks the color red is overrated.
  6. Do you wanna hear his essay on how the ocean is a metaphor for X?
  7. He was in a garage band as a boy.
  8. He had no friends in elementary school but got some by the end of middle school.
  9. He swears in front of children with no regrets.
  10. He is good at science but bad at long term planning.
  11. He and Crasher Wake dated for, like, thirteen hours for kicks.
  12. He loves Poochyenas. They’re one of the only acceptable non Water type Pokémon, in his opinion.
  13. He doesn’t like sand. It’s coarse. And rough. And irritating. And it gets everywhere.
  14. Not like the ocean. There, everything is soft and smooth.
  15. He likes tough and cute Pokémon.
  16. His guilty pleasure is rock (think the Archies lol).
  17. He swims in the ocean everyday to “ride through Poseidon’s domain” and also to get ripped.
  18. He’s r/notlikeotherpokemonbodybuilders; he doesn’t drink ungodly amounts of protein shakes.
  19. Ice types can stay but they’re on thin ice.
  20. Rocks are fine, especially if they’re from the sea.

I love all the headcanons, thank you so much :bulbaLove:. All are amazing, I love the one about Gordie's glasses, and him calling the other Rock trainers nerds :ROFLMAO:, he also knows how to sing, there we have another member for PokéBroadway :cool:. Melony likes cartoons, she's one of my girls, and I love the names you picked for Gordie's siblings, spelling "snow" with their names seems like something Melony would do on purpose.

The headcanons about Archie of the Ocean are just perfect, it's good to know that his muscles are genuine :sneaky:.

Hi, everyone! First of all, I want to thank all of you for the support for this blog! You're all far too kind and patient, and I truly appreciate you all!

With the need to balance real life responsibilities and headcanon responsibilities, in addition to the need to make things easier, I'm going to edit a few of the rules:

- For starters, I'm going to put the open/closed status in the thread title, so it's easier to see when requests are open/closed.
- Second, I'm going to change the character request limit for 20 headcanons lists (my default for when you request characters/ships/regions/etc., unless otherwise specified) to three (3). (ex. User1 requests Steven, Wallace, and Winona. User2 requests Nessa, Sonia, and Leon.)
- Feel free to also ask more specific questions! And seasonal inspired questions

I don't know if I worded this information coherently, so if you need any clearing up, feel free to ask!

That should be all! @EternalPokéFanGirl and @Mewthree/ミュウスリー I'll get your character requests in ASAP.

If I get the motivation to open up FireAlpaca, I'll continue pride headcanons. June is coming soon.

Once again, thank you, everyone. Words can't describe how much your support means to me.

make sure to drink water and stuff! headaches suck

Headache headcanons: How Pokémon characters react to headaches

In all serious, thank you! I was getting bad headaches as a side effect of the vaccine, but I luckily had a lot of water and Gatorade (electrolytes are important, kids).

Tierno 20 headcanons

Tierno
  1. He has two older brothers, who both play rugby.
  2. His older brothers sort of bully him for his love of dance, but Tierno shrugs it off.
  3. He loves his parents, and they’re somewhat supportive of his passion for dance.
  4. He’s up to date on all the dance crazes.
  5. He’s studied dance extensively. Every kind of dance.
  6. He’s also good at gymnastics.
  7. He’s in his school band, playing the clarinet.
  8. He’s also on the speech and debate team and in the book club.
  9. When it comes to battles, he focuses more on choreo over power. His reasoning is that if the moves are executed correctly, then his Pokémon can dodge attacks and land their own perfectly.
  10. “Contests? Basically Performances but anyone can enter regardless of gender? WHERE CAN I SIGN UP???”
  11. I’m gonna pull a… (*reads list of relevant pop culture references that’s probably out of date*) Game of Thrones? And subvert your expectations by saying that Tierno can’t sing (he’s okay, but he’s not great). He can, however, dance and act, so… double threat?
  12. He’s the only one in the Kalos Gang (Calem, Serena, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor) that doesn’t drink coffee.
  13. He loves listening to Johto Pop and baroque pop.
  14. Dancing to music with compound time signatures? Let’s go!
  15. He also takes photos. He knows the basics of composition.
  16. He tries to be polite, but he also loves making fun of rich people.
  17. He’s scared of bugs.
  18. He knows a lot about Pokémon moves.
  19. He likes appeasing old people with, I don’t know, “hip and trendy dances the young’uns like,” as said old people would say.
  20. He doesn’t get sad easily.

Back
Top Bottom