• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hey Wardens, How's Your Safari Zone?

Nevando

The Weirdest Tower Tycoon
Reaction score
So, recently in the questions thread, I was asking about when the blocks for the Safari Zone would come into play. Discovering that all that fun stuff would come into play only after recieving the National Dex, I was initially annoyed. But now I've started to play around with it. So what kind of Safari Zone have you made?

I decided to make a very mountainous/rough terrain Safari Zone, to kinda imitate Route 111 in the Hoenn region [the desert], because... you know what? As much as I love Sinnoh, it's marshy bogland Safari Zone sucked. And Pokémon like Cacnea/Cacturne/Lairon showing up would be really good. If I could get a focus on Hoenn [not because it's necessarily my favourite region, but since Safari Zones are supposed to be about Pokémon not native to current regions... it makes sense to me to focus on, well, Hoenn. If I REALLY wanted a Hoenn style Safari I'd throw in some of the watery places, but nah], that'd be good.

I don't have the rock blocks yet, so I haven't worked fully on setting up my entire place, but I have all the areas set up.

Top Left - Mountain
Top Middle - Wasteland
Top Right - Desert
Bottom Left - Rocky Beach
Bottom Middle - Peak [12 Grass]
Bottom Right - Savannah [5 Forest]

So far I've even caught a Zangoose in my own Safari Zone, which I find fairly awesome.

Any have any themes for their Safari Zones? Or are you just creating them to catch Pokémon you need?

TL - Mountain (Rocky blocks, two other)
TM - Desert (Forest blocks)
TR - Wetland (mostly rock, some water)
BL - Forest (mostly rock, some forest)
BM - Desert (Rocky blocks)
BR - Plains (half grass, half other)

I'm attempting to attract Trapinch, Vibrava, Bronzong, Shelgon, and Metang. It'll take a few days before some of those show up.

I don't really *need* any pokemon, I just wanted to see how this would work out.

I still have to work on mine. I don't have the water stuff or the rocky stuff yet :( oh well.

Mine's like this

TL: Marshland (5 Grass, 3 Forest)
TM: Mountain (3 Grass, 6 Forest)
TR: Desert (1 Forest)
BL: Rocky Beach (2 Grass, 5 Forest)
BM: Wetland (5 Grass, 9 Forest)
BR: Meadow (15 Grass, 4 Forest)

I'm waiting for some Rocky stuff

I haven't checked my Safari Zone since beating the Elite Four and starting on Kanto, but I suppose I really should.

My safari zone has:

Bottom middle: Meadow
Bottom left: Swamp
Bottom right: Desert
Top middle: Rocky Beach
Top left: Wetland
Top right: Mountain (I can get lv. 42 Larvitar here, people :p)

As for additional pokemon I can get: Dodrio, Slowbro, Lapras, Manectric, Quagsire, Furret, Pachirisu, Lotad, Fearow, Lunatone, Larvitar, Chancey, Clefairy, Magneton, and cacnea.

\Take note that some can already appear as default but with additional items they can have raised levels.\

WHA, you can customize Safari Zone? At least i have 16 badges

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom