• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HG/SS Sprites on BP

Blazaking

Former Staff Artist
Reaction score
Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile all have their HG/SS normal sprites uploaded onto Bulbapedia. Palkia in addition also has its Platinum sprite set as its HG/SS sprite.

Is this even possible as I don't remember sprites being released anywhere.

Just look around. They're in screenshots. They're clean enough that they can be used.

Because in screenshots from the Arceus event, Palkia has it's Platinum sprite.

Message from the Editor said:
June 15

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are games that we've all been waiting almost five years for, and we're incredibly excited by their approach.

Despite this, please keep in mind that NO SPRITES ARE YET OFFICIAL. All sprites found on the HGSS site are until release beta sprites that may change, much as the sprite for Origin Forme Giratina did between the beta phase and final release of Pokémon Platinum.

Please keep this in mind. New HGSS sprites should be uploaded to the filename Spr 4h ###.png, but should not replace the sprites at the National Dex number at the current time. Platinum sprites are overall better quality than the sprites we can get from HGSS at the current point -- wait for the games to come out, and we should be able to rip the best quality sprites from the games themselves within days, as we did with Platinum.
I don't think those should be posted yet.

The Spr 4h ###.png sprites being added aren't much of a concern for me. Some of the GSC sprites we have at Spr 2g ###.png, Spr 2s ###.png, and Spr 2c ###.gif aren't even facing the right way.

It's the changing of ###.png from the Pt sprites to the HGSS sprites because we don't yet know which ones will be changing. Arceus and Palkia are obvious "no", while Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile are obvious "yes". But until we have all of the changers collected, we ought not change them so that we can possibly get BulbaBot to do it all at once.

Last edited:
It's there, transparent and 80x80.

We've got people really working around the clock on this stuff... They're so fast even I don't get a chance to ask.

Dialga and Giratina Origin Forme were also confirmed to have their Platinum sprites, but I don't know if there are acceptable quality images of them yet (the confirmation was revealed on Pokémon Sunday)

EDIT: Nevermind as far as Dialga goes.

Last edited:
For the ones, specifically the Dragon Trio (for now), whose sprites are confirmed not to have changed, should we assume that the Shiny sprites will be the same as well?

If the sprites haven't changed then the shiny sprites won't change either. They are always the same.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom