• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HGSS American release party details revealed: Event to feature footprint route around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HGSS American release party details revealed: Event to feature footprint route ar

At least the Gamestop near me is holding a midnight release. The local Toys-R-Us is also having one of the mini-parties, and I might have to stop by and see what is going on there. Should be a fun sunday.

Re: HGSS American release party details revealed: Event to feature footprint route ar

Hmm, the closest Toys "R" Us to me is hosting it. Now I just have to convince my mom to take me...

I could get to one but it sounds really limited. What exactly will be going on at these other than "there's a path you can walk"?

I was going to the mall on Sunday anyway, and Toys R Us is right there, so why not? Good excuse as any to see whether or not I should be a strategy guide, and which one it should be. Hopefully they'll be giving away little trinkets or something.

Yay! Mine is listed there! To bad my boss sucks and won't let me help run it despite me pre-ordering the games there...-_-;

So jealous of this :(

I was going to whine and complain about this, but as a kid I went to the Pokemon Center in NYC and recorded everything. That was pretty much the most magical experience of my childhood. It's the turn of the newer generations (kids, not Pokemon games) to have their excitement, and I'm sure for those who haven't been to one of the big NYC Pokemon shindigs there will be future opportunities.

I'm not that interested in the non NY event.

Travel into Manhattan on a Sunday? Count me out. If they started later, sure, but my preorder's on the other side of the island, and I'm not thrifty enough to spend $6.75 just to make my route City -> Back -> Gamestop -> Home over Gamestop -> City -> Back -> Home, when the buses are on the Sunday schedule.

"Why aren't they having a party at Nintendo World?"

Allow me to post from Nintendo World themselves:

"Join us on Saturday, March 20th from 10am-2pm to celebrate the latest Pokémon release for the Nintendo DS. Bring in your Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version games (or Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, or Pokémon Platinum Version) and get ready for a day of Pokémon battling, trading, and all-around Pokémon fun! Our Nintendo World Pokémon Ambassadors will be on hand to accept challenges, or answer any questions you might have! Even Pikachu will be there! You can also try out the new Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions on one of our many Nintendo DS systems! Make sure to come early as we'll have fun giveaways, but only while supplies last!"

So there's your answer.

... :mad:

You have one week to escape NYC before I arrive in town and extract my vengeance upon thee in my jealous rage.

EDIT: At least Olympia is holding something. Maybe I'll stop by on my way home from state.
There's an HGSS release party going on at the Nintendo World store on March 20

EDIT: ninja'd

That's what you get when you post about 12 hours late a fact that was mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom