• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HGSS Events

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
What do you all think about how limited some of the events are? Do you think it's possible to convince NOA/TPCI to repeat some of the Wi-Fi events later for these who missed them and maybe even put on Wi-Fi events that were in stores before?

I think that it's seriously annoying and even mean of them to make so many events that unlock stuff in HGSS and make them SO limited... I mean, we all pay the same to get the game... why shouldn't we all get the same content?

So far we've had all these events that unlocked something in HGSS:

1. Arceus: unlock the Cynthia event which is really cool and also gives you one of the DPt trio at level 1
2. Pikachu Colored Pichu: unlocks Spiky Eared Pichu in HGSS
3. Jirachi: unlock a special Pokéwalker route
4. Yellow Forest: unlock a special Pokéwalker route

Isn't that a little exaggerated? I'll get HG probably only in July, so I'll miss the Yellow Forest Wi-Fi event, I left my DS at home so I can't get PCP on my Diamond, I don't live in the US so I couldn't get Arceus or Jirachi

Why should I get half a game instead of the whole thing? because I don't live in the right country? because I didn't take my DS with me on a certain time?
I think they really should make the Wi-Fi events longer and repeat them at least a second time...
I'm especially annoyed at the Yellow Forest event since this one we can't even get from someone else (the others are Poké you can trade, the Yellow Forest can't be given to someone else in any way, I'm pretty sure)

Should we try to write a serious letter about this and each one of us send it to NOA/TPCI or whoever that should be sent to? I know this kind of petitions often fails but I want to at least try to do something...
I don't even talk about all the Wi-Fi events for Platinum and Ranger 2 that I missed - these I'll never be able to get after I'll buy these games... but the events I did mention unlock a lot of stuff in HGSS so it's even more annoying to miss them than the previous ones...

Sorry for the long post... I hope to see enough supporters of this idea - they did repeat some events in Japan so I'm sure we have a chance to convince them to do this too...

You do realize you could just find someone to trade you those Pokemon and skip the whole "let's write a srs letter lol" thing that will end up with you disappointed and your e-mail/letter in the trash.

I'm with you, but I can't see them changing it. They're events, they're there to help Nintendo and their partners get extra money, that's why they aren't just built in. When the event is an in-store event, that store gets more business from Pokemon fans there to pick it up. Although I'm unsure if GameStop and TRU actually have a money deal going on, from the amount of harassing I always get at GameStop to preorder the next upcoming Pokemon game/spinoff when I get an event Pokemon I'm sure they make their money back anyway. Pokemon fans that go to TRU to get the Mew might have their eyes caught by a certain piece of Pokemon merchandise, as an example... there's a sale. That's what happened for me.

And in Japan, they're bonuses for seeing the movie usually. Movies are big money anyway, and I guarantee getting a few extra Pokemon will help sales there too. Events are there to get you to go to a certain place where sales are a possibility, pay money for a movie to get it... etc.

In the case of WiFi events, I'd say it's to help sales upfront. Nintendo always brags about first quarter sales, or however many units such and such earned in the first week or two, and if people like you feel desperate and get the game early because of it that helps them. Some people will even get the game just for the special Pikachu who would otherwise just stick with D/P/Pt, I guarantee it.

Well, it's not doing you much good complaining about it here. If you think there's an issue, write to Nintendo and proceed from there.

While I understand, as living in the UK stops me getting many events, you have to understand how it works. These aren't massive parts of the game, just little extras if you went to an event. It's a lot better than it used to be now since WiFi is used to distribute events, but having them constantly running or repeated ad nauseum will destroy the specialness of these events

You also have to think with a business mind. Game sales traditionally have a strong start and then die out after a month with small but sustainable sales carrying it through until it eventually falls within the pits of Ubisoft shovelware. As such, they get things rolling quite quickly. Plus, there are also lots of WiFi events for HGSS they have to give out such as Winner's Path, Mew and the Enigma Stone

Chances are, Yellow Forest will be repeated as it was also repeated in Japan, but you just have to be patient.

Actually I'd raher have a extra for people who don't have wi-fi so they can like enter a code to actually get the event reward cause I feel bad for those people

You do realize you could just find someone to trade you those Pokemon and skip the whole "let's write a srs letter lol" thing that will end up with you disappointed and your e-mail/letter in the trash.

1. I don't like trades... I prefer not to trade my Poké
2. I don't want fakes/clones so that's another problem
3. It's much more fun to do the event yourself than get it from someone (which also again, force you to trade)
4. The Yellow Forest (and the other Pokéwaler route Serebii mentioned) can NOT be traded/given to others in any way

Well, it's not doing you much good complaining about it here. If you think there's an issue, write to Nintendo and proceed from there.

Well, that's why I made this thread... to find others to help me in this since they might listen if they'll get a lot of e-mails, but I doubt they'll care much if only I will complain to them

They're events, they're there to help Nintendo and their partners get extra money, that's why they aren't just built in.

I understand this and everything else you and Serebii said, but I still think it wouldn't kill them to repeat the Wi-Fi event just one more time and do Wi-Fi events for the stuff they gave away in stores long ago

Chances are, Yellow Forest will be repeated as it was also repeated in Japan, but you just have to be patient.

Are you sure? I think all the Wi-Fi events they did by now (all were for Platinum and Ranger 2 which I don't have) were each done once and that's it... though I don't know if the Japanese also did them only once or not

What's about Jirachi? they did give PCP in WiFi after they gave it in Gamestop so maybe there's hope for at least this...

1. I don't like trades... I prefer not to trade my Poké
2. I don't want fakes/clones so that's another problem
3. It's much more fun to do the event yourself than get it from someone (which also again, force you to trade)
4. The Yellow Forest (and the other Pokéwaler route Serebii mentioned) can NOT be traded/given to others in any way

1 Then you're missing out on a huge part of the game. The whole reason there are multiple versions of each game is so people will trade with others.
2 Find someone you can trust then.
4 The event can't be traded but the fancy pikachus you get from it can.

I don't think you are getting half a game, but that the events are something extra to keep people interested. The game is a cake with icing, and the events are decorations such as animals or more icing flowers. A lot of people enjoy the Wi-Fi events---it gives players something new to talk about, to look forward, and do. Plus, events that happen in stores such as Gamestop creates business. They aren't going to stop events, even if a few people do complain. I know that this isn't exactly what you what. I do agree that they could repeat events or make them longer.

Why don't you like trading? If it the fear of getting cloned or hacked Pokemon, trade with someone you trust or someone who is against cloned or hacked Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom