• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HGSS Help Thread (aka Simple Questions/Simple Answers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you're looking in the Diglett Cave at the Pewter entrance?

You might want to try beating Blue just in case. I don't remember having to beat Blue before I got Brock's number, but it's just a little possibility, specially seeing how bulbapedia says you have to. (I really don't think I did...)

That might be it 'cause he's the only Kanto trainer I've yet not beaten. I'd just like to rematch Brock, it would be great training for my Vileplume :p

Thanks! :D

I didn't need to beat Blue. Did you try talking to him a second time after his little speech?
I realized that to, I thought beating the 1337 A* would get them battleable again, but no.

*Leet 4.

I know, its as lame as the SS Tidal now.

I hope this is the right place to ask this but here it goes, i was looking at Pedia staryu page and it said staryu will be a equipped with a waterstone is that true?

I hope this is the right place to ask this but here it goes, i was looking at Pedia staryu page and it said staryu will be a equipped with a waterstone is that true?

Yes, but only if you catch it on the PokéWalker Route, Beyond the Sea. (The Route you must get Via GTS by obtaining a foreign Pokémon. Looking for Pikachu is best chance If you're using a Net Café.)

Yes, but only if you catch it on the PokéWalker Route, Beyond the Sea. (The Route you must get Via GTS by obtaining a foreign Pokémon. Looking for Pikachu is best chance If you're using a Net Café.)

Thanks.

I have a little problem with getting Gym Leader Brock's phone number. It's said that any day, between 12.00 and 15.00 he'll appear in the north part of the Diglett Cave.

So...
It's a monday (which goes under the category "any day"), the clock is 14:07 (which is between 12.00 and 15.00) and still he won't appear!
When I go to the gym he's still there!

Is there something wrong with my version of HG?

Thanks
(I don't know if this got too long to be classified as a "simple question", but I didn't bother to make an own thread)

Did you beat Red?

Also, this might be rhetorical, but in the battle frontier, why in the world do those pokemon NOT count on the Pokedex????? It is driving me nuts!

You don't need to beat Red to get phone numbers. I got Brock's number and didn't beat Red.

Nice, I thought that you had to, but seriously Battle Frontier, what is up with those pokemon not showing up on the Pokedex? Is it just my version or what because I don't have any other gen 4 games and it makes me sad :(

Nice, I thought that you had to, but seriously Battle Frontier, what is up with those pokemon not showing up on the Pokedex? Is it just my version or what because I don't have any other gen 4 games and it makes me sad :(

Well, it comes down to the fact they are random. I guess the creators decided that was a cheap way to get entries when they want to influence trading.

Is there a way to get trainers to call you for battles more frequently?
Yes, you can call certain Trainers on certain days to battle you again in addition to having them call you. Check out the Trainer Rematch page which has them all listed by day.

I have a little problem with getting Gym Leader Brock's phone number. It's said that any day, between 12.00 and 15.00 he'll appear in the north part of the Diglett Cave.
Make sure you are at the Pewter entrance and not in the actual cave's basement. If he is still not there then you must have to defeat Blue then.

I didn't have to beat Red either.

Like with Dratini, it's when you talk to him to have him give it to you.
I am guessing the nature is set once you talk to whoever is giving you the Pokemon then, correct?

I want to try and reset for a well natured Eevee from Bill as well? (I know I am a bit behind)

My team is all between level 42 and 45. Due to my Feraligatr knowing a few lucky moves, I was able to beat the Elite Four and Lance on my first try. However, now that I'm in Kanto, I'm having some trouble taking down Sabrina, whose team has levels ranging between 53 and 55. I was thinking of grinding in Victory Road, but I was wondering if there was any other place I might be able to do some quick leveling that I can reach at this point in the game. Anyone got any suggestions? Or am I pretty much boned here?

My team is all between level 42 and 45. Due to my Feraligatr knowing a few lucky moves, I was able to beat the Elite Four and Lance on my first try. However, now that I'm in Kanto, I'm having some trouble taking down Sabrina, whose team has levels ranging between 53 and 55. I was thinking of grinding in Victory Road, but I was wondering if there was any other place I might be able to do some quick leveling that I can reach at this point in the game. Anyone got any suggestions? Or am I pretty much boned here?

I'm pretty much in the same spot. I barely got through E4, and now I'm getting creamed by Kanto Gyms.

The only place I've found that's even worth it is Victory Road for any one who can handle Rock types, surfing by New Bark Town for any one who can handle Waters, and the grasses on the routes between those two places for any one else.

On that note... Is it normal to get totally whooped by the Kanto Gyms? Also, is the girl on the bridge above Cerulean City Misty, and I have to keep pestering her to get her back to her gym?

On that note... Is it normal to get totally whooped by the Kanto Gyms? Also, is the girl on the bridge above Cerulean City Misty, and I have to keep pestering her to get her back to her gym?
It basically depends on your team, I am in the same boat as you it seems. And yes, that's Misty on the bridge, if memory serves me correct. In the originals, you had to find the missing generator part for the Power Plant first before taking her on, otherwise she won't return to the gym. (Which ironically enough it's in her gym in the water...)

No, Misty is on the very end of Route 25, in the Northeast corner. You have to defeat all of the Trainers in the northern part of the route then head east past Bill's old house and she should be there on the Cerulean Cape.

No, Misty is on the very end of Route 25, in the Northeast corner. You have to defeat all of the Trainers in the northern part of the route then head east past Bill's old house and she should be there on the Cerulean Cape.

I don't see her there, but then again, I guess I should probably get the Power Plant up and running.

Ravenfreak said:
It basically depends on your team, I am in the same boat as you it seems. And yes, that's Misty on the bridge, if memory serves me correct. In the originals, you had to find the missing generator part for the Power Plant first before taking her on, otherwise she won't return to the gym. (Which ironically enough it's in her gym in the water...)

I'm currently at:
Typhlosion 47
Ampharos 57 (Don't ask me how he got so much higher....)
Pupitar 49
Tauros 48 (He's my favourite, I had to get him)
Heracross 46
Lapras 47

And I thinking of pulling out Heracross or Pupitar for breeded Adamant Scizor... But I'm getting the feeling a team judging belongs in a different thread, so I'm going to actually throw out a real question.

For Battle Frontier, does it scale your dudes up to 50, or only downwards? I've not tried it yet. I left at GS (Before C), so I'm still getting used to the natures and phys/special split and stuff. Does the Battle Frontier also offer anything besides Move Tutoring?

What are the requirements to encounter Zapdos on Route 10? I'm confused because I thought you just had to fix the power plant, but I went yesterday and it isn't there.

What are the requirements to encounter Zapdos on Route 10? I'm confused because I thought you just had to fix the power plant, but I went yesterday and it isn't there.
You need all 16 badges before Zapdos will appear. This caught me out as well.

For Battle Frontier, does it scale your dudes up to 50, or only downwards? I've not tried it yet. I left at GS (Before C), so I'm still getting used to the natures and phys/special split and stuff. Does the Battle Frontier also offer anything besides Move Tutoring?

They only level your Pokemon down, so you should have your Pokemon at level 50 minimum.

Yes, the Battle Frontier offers several items as well as moves, look here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)#Exchange_Service_Corner

You have to capture/defeat Suicune first.
That's to get her phone number. If I remember right, seems they were trying to get her back to her gym.

-Fix power plant
-Ruin her date at the Cape
-Fight Misty
-Catch Suicune at the cape
-Beat Blue
-Get her number at the cape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom