• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HGSS Help Thread (aka Simple Questions/Simple Answers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot finding the grunt in her Gym, do you have to fight him as well? or is it enough to just finding him?

You forgot finding the grunt in her Gym, do you have to fight him as well? or is it enough to just finding him?

Yeah, gotta fight him. I didn't really put that in there cause I assumed it as part of the fixing power plant thing.

on getting shiny eggs in hgss..
is there any way to rng for them or do I just have to keep breeding?
I am using a japanese charmander trying to get a shiny with the masuda method
also is sring more effictive than just hatching and releasing over and over?

I just got power herb on Route 34, will it work on Focus punch or only on the moves that were listed on Pedia section?

Is it possible to RNG in HGSS? If so, does anyone know how?

Is it possible to RNG in HGSS? If so, does anyone know how?

RNG in HGSS is still tricky... there's no way to easily advance the RNG like in DPPt. But it can be done... sort of. I know to get shiny eggs. It is my understanding that you go through the motions you normally would to get a shiny egg, but you check the HGSS delay box... and then collect each egg. So if you had a shiny egg on your 22nd frame you collect the 21 eggs before it.

Now, I'm just commenting on the Shiny Leaves here: I hatched a Zigzagoon forty five minutes ago and I already managed to collect all five Shiny Leaves. I question how difficult it is to really find them... did I just get lucky?

Now, I'm just commenting on the Shiny Leaves here: I hatched a Zigzagoon forty five minutes ago and I already managed to collect all five Shiny Leaves. I question how difficult it is to really find them... did I just get lucky?

Well, if you already know where to go based off it's nature, it really isn't that hard. My first attempt to get 5 shiny leaves took about an hour and half, not really that long, though my later attempts on my US HG were much shorter I think (I didn't time them). As long as you can already access all the areas to get that nature's leaves, it shouldn't take too long.

If you're battling Red on Mt. Silver and use a move like Sunny Day to get rid of the hail, will the hail come back after Sunny Day runs out?

Quick question about the pokewalker. I managed to lose mine (already, yeah XP) and was wondering, if I buy a used one will it work with my copy of soul silver if I reset it? Or do I have to give Nintendo the 8 bucks (and satisfaction) and buy a new one from their site? XD

nyaz, it shouldn't make a difference if you buy a used Pokéwalker or one from Nintendo, as along as you reset it then it should work okay however make sure to return your Pokémon from your missing Pokéwalker if you have transferred a Pokémon in there, in order to do this, go to the main menu and select "Connect to Pokéwalker" and then when you go that screen, you'll have to hold the Up button on the D-Pad and hold the Select button and then press the R button

Last edited:
Quick question about the pokewalker. I managed to lose mine (already, yeah XP) and was wondering, if I buy a used one will it work with my copy of soul silver if I reset it? Or do I have to give Nintendo the 8 bucks (and satisfaction) and buy a new one from their site? XD
The guide for the game tells you what to do if you were to lose it. There is a button combination you have to press in order to return your Pokemon that was in the Pokewalker. I don't know it off the top of my head, so you would have to look it up in the Instruction Manual of whichever version you got. Edit: I have a question, I ran into Suicune at Route 14, and I went to Route 25 and it wasn't there. I even went back after Misty returned to her Gym and it still wasn't there. Do I have to defeat Misty first?

I've got a couple of questions, hope you can answer them.

(1). Can you get surfing and flying pikachu in the Yellow Forest?

If so...

(2) how many exclamation points do you need?

(3) If i breed a surfing or flying pikachu, will the pichu know surf or fly, or Volt Tackle if i give the Pikachu a light ball?

Thx for answering me!

Edit: I have a question, I ran into Suicune at Route 14, and I went to Route 25 and it wasn't there. I even went back after Misty returned to her Gym and it still wasn't there. Do I have to defeat Misty first?
Since Misty is back in her Gym that means that you fixed the Power Plant then. I do believe that you have to defeat her then Suicune should be present on Route 25 then.

I've got a couple of questions, hope you can answer them.

(1). Can you get surfing and flying pikachu in the Yellow Forest?

If so...

(2) how many exclamation points do you need?

(3) If i breed a surfing or flying pikachu, will the pichu know surf or fly, or Volt Tackle if i give the Pikachu a light ball?

Thx for answering me!

OMA We have a wiki!

No, they won't breed.

And it's !!!

Well according to the wiki page linked to the Flying Pikachu is male and Surfing Pikachu is female so they will breed. If you give the female a light ball you should get a Pichu with Volt Tackle, Surf and Fly will not be passed on as egg moves as they are not HMs that Pichu can learn.

Well according to the wiki page linked to the Flying Pikachu is male and Surfing Pikachu is female so they will breed. If you give the female a light ball you should get a Pichu with Volt Tackle, Surf and Fly will not be passed on as egg moves as they are not HMs that Pichu can learn.

Yes that is right, your Pichu will know Volt Tackle and 2-3 other moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom