• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HGSS release date discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Amazon's US Release Dates

Thank you :)

In New Zealand we've got an online store that has it at 23rd April. I like the date but who knows.

Does New Zealand usually get the games the same time US/K do? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking.)

Assuming they're like Australia (which they probably would be), it should be about the same time as the UK.

Btw sketch, this thread has been dead for over 2 months -_- and it was exactly easy to find. this is about amazon too, mine was about an anime airdate and the release date.

Btw sketch, this thread has been dead for about 2 months -_- and it was exactly easy to find. this is about amazon too, mine was about an anime airdate and release date.

If you're going to talk to Sketch then message him directly..:dodgy:

Btw sketch, this thread has been dead for over 2 months -_- and it was exactly easy to find. this is about amazon too, mine was about an anime airdate and the release date.

I am aware of how old it is. It would not have been that difficult to search for.

Your post is about the release date. This thread could easily suffice for any and all release date discussion.

I just saw on Serebii that the TCG set is releasing in February. Could that mean we are getting the games earlier than they said?

I just saw on Serebii that the TCG set is releasing in February. Could that mean we are getting the games earlier than they said?

Does the TCG release usually coincide with the game release?

I did a bit of research, and the results of that would not be too good. The last two TCG tie-ins came both a month before and a month after the game release.

Does the TCG release usually coincide with the game release?

Diamond and Pearl: April 22nd, 2007
Diamond & Pearl (TCG): May 27th, 2007
Platinum: March 22, 2009
Platinum (TCG): Feb 11th, 2009

Not gonna go farther back than that, but it would seem so. D/P games were out about a month before the TCG expansion with the same name, but Platinum's TCG pack was out a little under a month before the games. It could go either way with HGSS.

Though it may be worth noting the anime episodes with the Johto Festa only 5 away from when the last listed date for the episodes on Wikipedia (maybe not the best source, but whatever), those would start in early February. So, I'd bet either early to mid February, and at the latest early March for the Games.

Dam that sucks. Although even if it were a month after the Feb release date of the cards it would still be earlier than the place holder dates on various sites

I was going to say that if the dub doesn't have any delays, then the first Kotone ep occurs on the first weekend of February. In terms of the anime, there is a good precedent of the dub coinciding with the game release. I would like to point out that the beginning of DP was purposely delayed in order to coincide with the release.

I'm gonna saaaaaay March 21. The Japanese date was exactly one day before the JpPt anniversary, the TCG set is apparently coming out one day before the Pt TCG set's anniversary, so hey, why not the games too, on the day before the EnPt anniversary.

I'm gonna saaaaaay March 21. The Japanese date was exactly one day before the JpPt anniversary, the TCG set is apparently coming out one day before the Pt TCG set's anniversary, so hey, why not the games too, on the day before the EnPt anniversary.
Loving that one!
If I start saving now,I may just be able to get them when they come out....

Platinum: Japan - September 13, 2008/US - March 22, 2009.
HG/SS: Japan - September 12, 2009/US - ???????/Spring 2010

Looks awfully similar to me. Best be expecting a mid March release.
If anything, they'll use the TCG to promote HG/SS here.

Not to take this off topic but we all know of other release dates though one wonders if Aus will ever get one announced cause none of the game stores here have one set

either march or april let's face it,it would be nice to get them a little earlier though

Well, I'm with TTEchidna. Makes sense.

On a side note, apparently there haven't been any unannounced delays since the Company still says Spring.

So...It will release in mid-march, or early april?
I just have one question....
Why the hell does it take so long?!!!!!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom