• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hi Everybody!

sonofblaine

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Been a fan and user of Bulbapedia for my pokemon info for a long time and decided to join the forum.

A bit of my Pokemon history; I started playing Blue when it came out when I was in college (Bulbasaur was my starter). I love each generation of the game and they all have pokemon in them I really like, but Gen 1 is still my favorite, not that I look down on other generations at all. A few months before Y came out, my wife who always scoffed at Pokemon, picked up Emerald and a used GBA and got hooked, so now she and I play X and Y respectively. This is also the first generation that I've really had much interaction with other people with. I've never had people in my IRL life who played Pokemon to battle and trade with, and when I got a DS, I didn't have access to get online; So I'm enjoying being part of a community (even if I've found I BLOW in battles! Though my passion has always been collecting and raising over the combat, usually)

Some of my other interests: I love MST3K and Rifftrax, 80's cartoons (especially He-man), "bad" movies, comedy podcasts, and am a wrestling geek.I spent most of the 90's and early 2000's as a hardcore anime fan, but that died down mostly due to money issues (my prime was in the days of $30 3 episode VHS tapes from Media Play... kids today with their torrents and streaming video :p) and find myself lost among a sea of titles I don't know, though I'm always open to new series (a couple of the newest series I've seen and loved at Attack on Titan and Panty and Stocking).

Feel free to add my Friend code.

Thanks everyone. Btw I accidently posted two hello posts because I missed the message about the delay while a mod approves it. Ignore the second if it shows up. I'll delete it.

Welcome to our forums! don't hesitate to ask for any help you might need in the future! Hope you enjoy your time here!! (^u-)-☆

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom