• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hi Everyone

closet_pokemon_fan

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Lucas and I play Pokemon.

When Pokemon first hit the scene I was in college. I remember thinking the card game looked kind of fun and I had been a big Magic player in high school, but it being a "kids game" I knew 0 people who played it. Fast forward all these years and Pokemon is huge.

I had bought a DS when Chrono Trigger was released so when Black/White came out, I told my friend, "I've always wanted to play Pokemon. I'm going to buy the new one." So at 32 years old, I go into Target and buy Pokemon White. She and her boyfriend ended up buying it too. They are the only people I know irl that play.

So now I'm hooked. In White, I've finished the main story and am working on my Regional Pokedex. My friend gave me Soul Silver as a gift for my birthday and I have 2 badges so far. However, my friend lives a few hours away so I'm kind of by myself playing the game. So I finally decided to get involved. I'm looking forward to meeting people and trading and maybe even trying an egg scramble run. That sounds fun. No Nuzlocke though. I'm still learning.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you fellow trainers. Maybe I'll even stumble onto someone local.

It's awesome that you got hooked on Pokémon that way!! :D It's truly an amazing game. It's timeless.
Hope to see you around!

Welcome to the Forums! It's always great to meet older fans of the series; it just goes to show how people of all ages can appreciate it (and how age doesn't always dictate what people like). Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Hi there, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Welcome to the forums! I hope that you have fun, and I hope to see you again in the future! Incidentally, why not try out the Mentor Program? It's in the same subforum as the introductions, so it won't be too much trouble to get there. As a newcomer to the forums, you're free to sign up there as a rookie member.

In the meantime, why not start posting around?

Welcome to the forums! If you need any help with EV training or battling, don't hesitate to VM me.

Hello, welcome to the garden! :D

Oh, and you should get DP too. Good games.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom