• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hi I'm new, my story, and a few questions too

Capta1nJack91

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here. After not playing the games since Gen II (Gold/Silver), I got back into Pokemon earlier this summer by messing around playing FireRed and HeartGold on emulators, but eventually decided to get a Nintendo DS Lite and Platinum version both used. I'm glad to be playing for real again now, but I have a couple of questions. Like most people, I will try to eventually fill out the National Pokedex, but I am just starting the game now. My first question is, do a lot of people still play the Gen IV games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HG/SS) that could potentially trade sometime down the road over the GTS? Also, I know that I'll need to know my friend code. This is my first ever DS system of any kind (got it specifically for Pokemon :p) plus it's used, so I'm not sure what my friend code is, or where to look for it. Could someone enlighten me? Thanks for your help and I look forward to posting with you guys. Sorry if the post is too long.

Welcome to BMGf!

Hmm, I'm not good with friend codes, but one of our other members would be glad to answer them and any other questions that you may have!

Welcome to the Forums! IIRC, you get your Friend Code the first time you log on to the Nintendo WFC.

Oh ok, which I haven't done yet, thanks Arc Blader and you too Holo-Chan. There's nothing quite like talking about Pokemon. Most of my friends have moved on a long time ago, so this should be a great place for me!

Welcome to the forums!

I haven't played any of my games recently, but I can trade with you. I don't really have anything special, though.

Thanks again for the welcomes everyone, and double trouble, I def want to trade but probably not till post National Dex so I can focus on the main game first. In a week or so, I'll be back at college, so I won't be able to play as much then. Maybe by like October/November/December, I'll be looking to trade, probably starting with version exclusive Pokemon. I might invest in a few GBA games and use Pal Park as well for some legendaries, the possibilities are endless, and that's why I'm so excited!

Welcome to the forums. I hope that you have fun! Why not join the Mentoring Program as a rookie member? It's located in the same subforum as the introductions. Be seeing you sometime soon!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom