• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hi! Katrina here!

KatrinaSForest

Helping Penny Save Paldea
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I want to say I'm new, although it seems I created this account quite a while ago, and just...ignored it for no reason? ^_^;;

I've been a Pokémon fan since gen 1, and I've got a soft spot for Psychic types and Fairy types. I was pretty sure I was a fan of Normal types for a long while, but then Gen 6 came around and declared that all my favorite Normal types--along with a few favorite psychics--were also Fairy types. Go figure.

I'm one of those fans who gets just as attached to the human characters of the series as the Pokémon. Most of my favs hail from Unova or Paldea.

I love writing and reading fanfiction. My current WIP is called Penny Saves Paldea, and I am always up for any Gen 9 fanfic recs anybody wants to throw my way.

Finally, for a random fun fact: The first time I ever encountered a shiny Pokemon, I thought my game was freaking out. So I quickly turned it off without saving and reloaded it, happy to see that weird-colored Pidgey didn't corrupt my precious Gen 2 save data. :)

Hi, Katrina. Welcome (again?) to the forums!
I’m DigitalGen6, but you can call me Digital or Minami (or even Miku lol). A lot of my favorites are also from Unova and like you, I REALLY like Psychic and Fairy types (my favorite is Fire).

I like writing fanfictions, too! In fact, I made a lot of them, and some of them I’ve put on here!

I have Shiny Pokémon, but I NEVER, and I mean NEVER, encountered a shiny Pokémon. How do I have shinies?
Online trading. One is a shiny Guzzlord with Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, and Sludge Bomb. I think it may be hacked, but I’m not sure. It has a website as its OT (don’t remember what it is, it’s in Shield) and I put it in Pokemon HOME, and… Yeah, it’s been a crazy (gonna crazy*) long time.
*I also like Pretty Rhythm, which is why I made a reference to it lol.

Welcome to the forums Katrina, happy you decided to (re)join us :bulbaWave:

You and me both! The characters have always been just as important as the Pokémon themselves IMO. Who are some of your favorites?

And if you haven't already, you should definitely check out the Writers’ Workshop when you get the chance! It's full of fics that our lovely users have written, and I'm sure they'd love to see some of yours if you ever feel like sharing sometime. <3

Hope you're enjoying your stay here so far, if you ever need anything reach out anytime!

Welcome to the forums Katrina, happy you decided to (re)join us :bulbaWave:

You and me both! The characters have always been just as important as the Pokémon themselves IMO. Who are some of your favorites?

And if you haven't already, you should definitely check out the Writers’ Workshop when you get the chance! It's full of fics that our lovely users have written, and I'm sure they'd love to see some of yours if you ever feel like sharing sometime. <3

Hope you're enjoying your stay here so far, if you ever need anything reach out anytime!
Thanks so much! I'll check it out for sure! My fic's pretty long at this point, so if I were to ever post my own stuff here, I'd probably start with something fresh. Or at least something well under the 100k words mark. ^_^;;

I'd say my favorites in no particular order are N, Grimsley, Ingo, Penny, Arven, Ortega, and Plumeria. So probably pretty typical favorites, aside from those last two. Sabrina was the first character I really latched onto back in Gen 1, so I'd say she gets an honorable mention. How about yourself?

Hi, Katrina. Welcome (again?) to the forums!
I’m DigitalGen6, but you can call me Digital or Minami (or even Miku lol). A lot of my favorites are also from Unova and like you, I REALLY like Psychic and Fairy types (my favorite is Fire).

I like writing fanfictions, too! In fact, I made a lot of them, and some of them I’ve put on here!

I have Shiny Pokémon, but I NEVER, and I mean NEVER, encountered a shiny Pokémon. How do I have shinies?
Online trading. One is a shiny Guzzlord with Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, and Sludge Bomb. I think it may be hacked, but I’m not sure. It has a website as its OT (don’t remember what it is, it’s in Shield) and I put it in Pokemon HOME, and… Yeah, it’s been a crazy (gonna crazy*) long time.
*I also like Pretty Rhythm, which is why I made a reference to it lol.

Ah. Yeah, it's hard to tell what's legit and what isn't sometimes. I keep shinies I hatched myself in their own space on Home so I know they're the real thing. But I also have a shiny G-max Garbodor from what I'm now pretty sure was a hacked raid online.

I did randomly encounter one shiny Pokemon in Paldea. It was a Jumpluff in Area Zero. I tried to put it to sleep, failed, and it immediately used Memento and KO'd itself. I will turn this Jumpluff into a fanfic villain someday. I have no clue what the premise would be, but it'll happen.

I just realized I have your fanfic open in a different tab already. I was browsing the fanfic section, and it looked interesting, so I put it aside to read when I'm done my writing session today.

Anyways, nice to meet you!

Ah. Yeah, it's hard to tell what's legit and what isn't sometimes. I keep shinies I hatched myself in their own space on Home so I know they're the real thing. But I also have a shiny G-max Garbodor from what I'm now pretty sure was a hacked raid online.
There’s a pretty good chance it’s from the same person that gave me Guzzlord.
I did randomly encounter one shiny Pokemon in Paldea. It was a Jumpluff in Area Zero. I tried to put it to sleep, failed, and it immediately used Memento and KO'd itself.
Whoa! That’s crazy.
I just realized I have your fanfic open in a different tab already. I was browsing the fanfic section, and it looked interesting, so I put it aside to read when I'm done my writing session today.

Anyways, nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you, too! Which one is it?

I'd say my favorites in no particular order are N, Grimsley, Ingo, Penny, Arven, Ortega, and Plumeria. So probably pretty typical favorites, aside from those last two. Sabrina was the first character I really latched onto back in Gen 1, so I'd say she gets an honorable mention. How about yourself?
Those are some nice choices! N and Arven were great in their respective stories, I personally really love Sabrina too :bulbaLove:
Most of my faves are from the anime actually, but when it comes to the games I tend to get most attached to the protags and rivals. Blue is definitely my favorite if I had to pick. c:

Welcome to the forums Katrina! ^~^ nice to hear you've been enjoying Pokémon from gen 1.
Thanks! If anyone needs to be regaled with stories of olden times, when we traded with physical link cables and rented extra Pokemon cartridges from Blockbuster to trade the less-popular starters off of, just let me know. (Seriously, not one person in my friend circle picked Squirtle!)

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom