• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

hi there!!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
i thought i'd make a quick thread just to say hi since i joined a few days back! i actually wound up joining bc of the mess that was the official pokemon forums, since forums were never rly something i delved into when i first started using the internet and after actually browsing them it seems a lot more comfortable for me than social media.

for a quick intro, i go by sonia, but most people online tend to either call me wick or marley/marle (any of these is fine really, i don't have much of a preference since i'm used to all of them). i'm a 19 year old artist who mainly makes pokemon stuff, i'll probably make an art thread in the art gallery at some point once i get more comfortable posting!

i've been into pokemon since i was around 3-4 years old, and i really like galar in general but mostly postgame stuff (pokemon sword and shield are what got me back into pokemon, i kind of fell off from the series near usum time), sordward and shielbert have been a hyperfixation of mine for almost 2 years now, but i've generally been a fan of them for almost 3 years now. idk what it is but these guys really stuck out to me, they're neat! i also really like sonia (hence me stealing her name). also my favorite pokemon are yamper and bronzong!

i'll probably hang around the shippers paradise every so often to spread my propaganda for my fav niche ships. i consider myself a pioneer of sonia/sordward + shielbert/piers, and by that i mean i draw a lot of fanart of the former and used to draw a lot of fanart of the latter last year.

i hope this hasn't been too lengthy of an intro...i'm not very good at writing things out without it being not enough or too much...hopefully i'll be more active! i tend to be a bit shy about chatting in public spaces online, but the community on here seems fun!

Welcome!! (I love reading long intros LOL so don't worry!)

I'd love to see your art sometime omg!! It's always nice to see the different kinds of art around here, you'll certainly be welcome here with all the artists we have!

But welcome!! What's your favorite part of Pokémon? Hope to see you around~

Welcome to the forums! I’m a huge fan of all your works (especially WordGirl and Pokémon fanart and fanfictions) and I’m glad I could finally meet you. I’d really like to see more of your art! What’s your favorite Pokémon Gen?

Welcome!! (I love reading long intros LOL so don't worry!)

I'd love to see your art sometime omg!! It's always nice to see the different kinds of art around here, you'll certainly be welcome here with all the artists we have!

But welcome!! What's your favorite part of Pokémon? Hope to see you around~
as silly as it is i'd honestly have to say the fanbase is my favorite part of the pokemon franchise, just seeing how much creativity there is and how much people do with these characters makes me happy! aside from that it'd most likely be the characters. i love franchises that have big casts, i think it generally makes it easier to get attached to the characters and the series as a whole.
Welcome to the forums! I’m a huge fan of all your works (especially WordGirl and Pokémon fanart and fanfictions) and I’m glad I could finally meet you. I’d really like to see more of your art! What’s your favorite Pokémon Gen?
also WOAH haha being recognized for that stuff on here is rly surprising (especially wordgirl considering how niche it is as a fandom), glad to meet you too! i really like gen 8 obviously but gen 4 has always held a special place in my heart for being my favorite gen, and i also really like gen 2 + gen 6 for introducing some of my other favorite characters in the series (eusine + the xy rivals respectively)

as silly as it is i'd honestly have to say the fanbase is my favorite part of the pokemon franchise, just seeing how much creativity there is and how much people do with these characters makes me happy! aside from that it'd most likely be the characters. i love franchises that have big casts, i think it generally makes it easier to get attached to the characters and the series as a whole.
Me too. That’s why I like stuff like Pokémon and Miraculous (because they have big casts).
also WOAH haha being recognized for that stuff on here is rly surprising (especially wordgirl considering how niche it is as a fandom), glad to meet you too! i really like gen 8 obviously but gen 4 has always held a special place in my heart for being my favorite gen, and i also really like gen 2 + gen 6 for introducing some of my other favorite characters in the series (eusine + the xy rivals respectively)
That’s cool! Gens 5 and 6 are my favorite Gens, but I also like the other Gens as well! I really like your fanfics a lot (especially that one WordGirl fanfic by you that I read and really liked, I can’t wait for the next chapter)! ^^ I write fanfictions, too and I have been since like three years ago. I have about a few active ones and two of them are on here (although one has more progress in it than the other lol).

Me too. That’s why I like stuff like Pokémon and Miraculous (because they have big casts).
hehe funny you mention miraculous! i was actually working on a sonia/sordward miraculous au(i dunno why, they just make sense as a creation destruction duo to me and i was catching up on the show, sooo) which is kinda what made me remember i made an account on here bc im just a bit too embarrassed to post about on it on social media
I really like your fanfics a lot (especially that one WordGirl fanfic by you that I read and really liked, I can’t wait for the next chapter)! ^^ I write fanfictions, too and I have been since like three years ago. I have about a few active ones and two of them are on here (although one has more progress in it than the other lol).
thank you! i really need to come back to that fic at some point, i just don't find myself writing often. i'll definitely check out some of your fanfics at some point!

Hello and welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here!

i'll probably hang around the shippers paradise every so often to spread my propaganda for my fav niche ships. i consider myself a pioneer of sonia/sordward + shielbert/piers, and by that i mean i draw a lot of fanart of the former and used to draw a lot of fanart of the latter last year.
It’s always interesting to see niche ships because they give you a new outlook. I’m excited to see what you’ve drawn of Sordward and Shielbert!

Hope to see ya around!

heya~! welcome to bulbagarden c: hope you enjoy it here!!

i hope this hasn't been too lengthy of an intro...i'm not very good at writing things out without it being not enough or too much...hopefully i'll be more active! i tend to be a bit shy about chatting in public spaces online, but the community on here seems fun!

oh no you're fine! the community here is quite friendly and i'd say plenty of folks are fun to chat with! don't hesitate to post around when you feel up to it~

Welcome! :bulbaWave: it's nice to meet you!

Looking forward to seeing your art when you're up to sharing it, I'm sure it's lovely! And it's always great to see new people join in on Shippers' Paradise, especially for rarepairs and such; we'd be happy to have ya <3

Hope you'll enjoy your time here, Bulba's definitely a very easygoing place. If you ever need anything feel free to reach out!

Welcome!

I had a similar falling away from the series for a while. Except I'm old, so it was around gen 3 because I didn't have a fancy new GBA. ^_^;; Came back in around the end of Gen 5/start of Gen 6 and haven't looked back.

Can't wait to see some of your artwork!

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom