• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hidden pokemon

GreatLiver

Well-Respected Member
Reaction score
With some pokemon being concealed what do you think certain pokemon look like. Diglette and Dugtrio I think are like snakes kind of with small limbs when above ground. Tangela I think are like Oddish with vines instead of weeds. Shellder and Cloyster I guess are pretty much black but then again when a shellder clamps on a slowpoke it becomes pretty much a shell. If you can think of any others post them her as well as what you think they really look like

I imagine that Shellder/Cloyster are slimy, shapeless molluscs inside there shells, just like any other clam or oyster.
Underneath her dress, Jynx is a short neanderthal with a layer of fat to protect her from the cold, and massive hobbit-esque feet for gripping the ice.

Also forretress stay inside their shells, and the full body of Shuckle is hidden

Snorunt is always hidden inside it's eskimo coat and I imagine that if he didn't have it on, Snorunt would look like a black ball with a face and legs.

I don't think there is anything under Jynx's dress, and I don't think she has any feet, either. Jynx reminds me of a ghost, sort of.

I'd imagine Tangela is a spheracal creature with places on its body for plants to grow...like a Chia Pet.

I think Forretress is just a blob of vulnerable muscle and nerve tissue inside a shell to protect it. Same with Shellder and Cloyster.

Snorunt might just be a little black goblin looking thing without it's coat.

What I want to know is, what are Grimer and Muk when all that sludge is removed? Is it just a living pile of sludge, or is there a body underneath it?

pkmn Trainer Zach said:
I don't think there is anything under Jynx's dress, and I don't think she has any feet, either. Jynx reminds me of a ghost, sort of.
Actually, if you watch the episode Stage Fight, you'll see at the very end that Jynx does indeed have feet.

Nah, he works out for Ash's mom.

On topic: I actually imagine Tangela to have a body entirely made of vines. The two shoes are filled and controlled with vines too.

...Are those shoes natural? Or are they even shoes? (I remember some TCG artwork...)

114Tangela.png

Eh, I imagine it to have a blub or seed under the vines.

And the shoes made out of bark. Not natural, they make them.

Yes, Jynx does apparently have feet... on the episode Holiday Hi-Jynx it shows it's feet. They are exactly the same as human feet but... Aqua-Greenish colour... o.o;;

Hmmm.... what does Parasect look like without it's... errrm... shell? o.o;

Like an insect, I presume. Sort of like a crustacean or something. But with a huge mushroom sprouting out of it, covering it.

What's inside Duskull's shell?

I guess just a floating ball that it uses to see with

I always imagined Parasect as looking like a hermit crab.

RBYGSCRSFRLGEPD said:
What's inside Duskull's shell?
If you're talking about that mask/robe, I'm imagining that pink thing that's supposed to be its eye is probably the soul of a dead pokemon. Like the ones buried at Lavender Tower/Mausoleum. Grisly, yes, but it's just a thought.

"DER-DE-DER!" (Carlos Mencia)

I think that diglett's end looks alot like a brown pikachu without the tail and he has limbs like a furret

I always imagine Diglett and Dugtrio looking like a small mole (snuffling around in the undergrowth, hehe). You know, like with clawed paws (four of 'em) which would explain Scratch.

I'm surprised no-ones mentioned Cubone/Marowak yet.

Without their skulls, I've always imagined them with some sort of meercat face. Dunno why, maybe it's the sandy colour, but I've always thought they'd be less intimidating looking without the skulls on.

Parasect
I agree with Barb's assessment. Parasect likely resembles a hermit crab.

Diglett/Dugtrio
I usually don't give much thought to this. Diglett probably has feet and claws that facilitate it's movement underground. It's natural instinct is to remain underground therefore it's appendages have never been seen.

Shellder, Cloyster, Forretress, Clampearl, etc.
Muscles protected by shells.

Kabuto
I realize Kabuto is modeled after an ancient fossil but what's up with the glowy red eyes? What's under the shell?

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom