• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"High Touch!" and "Ashita wa Kitto" impressions

I think Piplup is sad because it got into a fight with Pikachu. A very sentimental ED it was; too bad CN would rather show ads than ED themes. You Japanese don't know how good you have it TV wise. I like the OP. I wish it would have included Grotle...I hate suspense.

Last edited:
I like the opening scenes the best but I like both the endings. It was great to see TG, J, the rivals, the Pallet trio, Max and May, Misty, and Gary all in the opening along with Ash and co. It was really nice to see everything from the pairings to Brock cooking, etc. Visual wise, it's one of my favorites.

I also thought the ending was pretty nice to hear. Kinda cute. Overall, I like them!

I absolutely and completely love both the new OP and ED.

"High Touch!" is a wonderfully upbeat song and I really love the catchiness of it! Go~ Go~ Go~ my favourite part is where the music changes a little when they show Team Galactic. All the scenes are awesome too.

"Ashita Wa Kitto" the tune for this is sorta perky in a way and very cute. I love how Piplup is sorta walking around musing on it's rivalry with Pikachu there and then remembering happier more fun times ect. Overall it just oozes with cute XD

I'm happy with them, but then again I'm the easily pleased type 8D

Heh, the Team Rocket scene reminds me SO much of Challenger! I really like animation, it's much better than Together, although I prefer Togehter's battle scene.

The ending however, I don't want to comment on...I'll just be the first to say "emo Pochama!?" instead haha. It's cute, but I don't get why it's sad.

Last edited:
Very nice opeaning I was glad to see Tracey in there, also Paul with Ash that's nice. Peguines ending not so nice but meh. Hunter J in the opeaning that was great, means shey'll be a reccuring character correct?

I really like the opening ,its cool. The ending is good but I actually prefer the last 1 we had.

For "High Touch"/"High Five", Hikari's singing is a bit grating, but everything else is pretty good.

"Ashita wa Kitto" is quite obivously about Piplup unsurping Pikachu and taking over as the mascot.

Or at least being so arrogant that it ran off, only to be forgiven by the rest of the cast.

Last edited:
Opening: HEY HEY HEY.
Me: ...oh, Lord, where are we going with this?
Dawn's VA (or Hikari's, rather): *singing*
Me: D:
*rest of opening plays*
Me: :D

Yeah, like that. A lot of twerp focus, which was kinda cute (especially the adorable One Piece-esque portion). The pan shots with the rivals and the supporting cast were awesome. Looks like Misty's stuck with that dreadful AG outfit for now. :eek:

The focus on Team Galactic and Hunter J was utter BADASSERY, though. Well, okay, not really, but it was pretty badass as far as Pokémon's concerned. Absolutely love the closing in on J along with the music. XD

Surprised to see no Shaymin in the obligatory "movie Pokémon" scene.

Ashita wa Kitto was kinda cute. I almost laughed at Pikachu seemingly punching Piplup in the freaking face. XD Piplup looks dumb when running away from the rest of the Pokémon, heh. And now, because of this ending, I ship Pikachu and Piplup. :eek:

As far as the songs themselves go, eh, they kinda fit into the "cute but nothing I would listen to with others around" category. Megumi Toyoguchi's singing really brough down High Five (Touch?) for me, but Rica Matsumoto was at her top as always (although it was a bit more in Satoshi's voice than I would like). Can't wait to hear the version that only has Rica singing. :p

Chatsy said:
I absolutely adore the new opening song. It's nicely upbeat, although "Satoshi" sounds odd sometimes during the song

Why'd you surround Satoshi's name in quotation marks?

Crystal Clair said:
The song is just poorly done, like how the DP rap was done.

DP Rap?

Argy said:
This seems like a filler OP to me. No Elite Four or Shirona?

Well, we do get the villains of the series and Hikari's Contest rivals. That has to count for something.

Casual_Furi said:
I think Piplup is sad because it got into a fight with Pikachu. A very sentimental ED it was; too bad CN would rather show ads than ED themes.

CN does air ED themes. And if PUSA would bother to dub the ED themes instead of just slapping an instrumental version of the opening over a black screen with white text, they'd air that, too.

Viz made their own ED themes for Blue Dragon, Bleach and Naruto. 90 seconds took up too much time I guess. I don't watch Bakugan because I already saw it when it was called Yu-Gi-Oh. They only full themes they keep are from Death Note (No longer airing =( ) FMA, Inuyasha (Both completed their run)and Geass (which airs at 5:00 AM)

It could be better and we know it =/

I find it completely ridiculous that people complain about Pip but don't complain about Pika doing exactly the same thing for much more time
It's nice to see another Pokémon "star" like that other than Pika
Get used to it already... the complaining about Pip are getting MUCH worse than how the "overuse" of it might be
I think we should get a rule against complaining about Pip... it gets as annoying as the complainings about the VAs so why not?

My personal issue is that Piplup actually hogs the spotlight in this ending, while Pikachu tends to at least share time with other Pokemon in its ending themes. Of course, I don't watch the Japanese version, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I almost think that the animators are placing the older characters in the intro to taunt everyone, but that's a gut instinct. Of course, being completely rational, it's natural that they would at least acknowledge their existence just as they did in the Battle Frontier opening, but it's odd this time because the cast doesn't seem even close to getting back to Kanto anytime soon.

And alas, my theory that the episode of Piplup collapsing from exhaustion would lead to Dawn's other Pokemon getting much-needed attention is beginning to show very visible cracks which spout little geysers signalling a sinking ship.

I like the new ending It's my 3nd favorite it's cool (mostly because of Piplup :p)

I have no idea what was going on in the songs, but the bit with the Galactics in "High Touch!" was pretty cool.

That's what the majority of Pokemon fans call the opening dub song to Pokemon DP (I'd use the term season 10 but I know how you feel about that deal with new openings=new seasons)

I think "High Touch!" needs more music and less volume on the voices.

Come to think of it, maybe that's what would make it better, if anything.

Misty made an appearance in High Touch that must mean she's going to appear in a future episode.

Yeah, let's not be delusional.

She's just there because she's a friend of the group. They usually have an appearence in openings.

Misty made an appearance in High Touch that must mean she's going to appear in a future episode.

Tracey appeared too. What do you suppose the chances are for him? Anyways, despite the new opening, I doubt that the cast is going to reach Kanto soon, rendering the chances of the old characters reappearing rather slim.

Last edited:
Misty might appear in DP at some point, but the lack of new clothes probably means it'll be awhile yet. I would think she'd have a new D/P outfit if she would appear.

Keep in mind she was also in both Battle Frontier openings, yet she didn't actually appear that entire arc.

God, Tracey and Max really need new clothes too. Tracey's been wearing the same green t-shirt since 2000!

I just saw the new Japanese opening.

It's pretty good! ^^

Although, as an Ash fangirl, I would say there doesn't seem to be enough of him in this one. Except for that one scene, where Ash looks sad about something. But then Dawn pushes him and he looks happy again! ^_^

Anyway, this opening is more centered around the group itself and their Pokemon. Which is still nice, of course. XD

And also, I loved those scenes with just the Pokemon. Those scenes were really adorable! <3

God, Tracey and Max really need new clothes too. Tracey's been wearing the same green t-shirt since 2000!

It's not fun creating costumes for guys. There's no real demand for Tracey anyway, so why should get get a change of clothes?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom