• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"High Touch!" and "Ashita wa Kitto" impressions

I don't really understand why everyone hates Piplup so much. The only problems I have with it are its somewhat unfitting dub voice (only dub Pokémon voice I don't like, btw) and the fact that it lost most of its sassiness after a while (which still appears now and again). It's not like we've never had a Pokémon outshine the others before.

I don't think its Piplup people hate, its just its overexposure. When DP first started Piplup was the same as Dawn's other Pokemon, it stayed inside its ball and Buneary/Pachi got equal screentime to it.

However sometime around Dawn's first Contest with Kenny, Piplup started becoming some major mascot out of nowhere and remained outside its ball from that point on.

Also, as you said, Piplup's personality has changed. Dawn/Piplup were very funny as a dynamic back in DP1-3....but since then they've just turned them into another Ash/Pikachu type of friendship, which is disappointing.

I guess its too much of a good thing. Piplup was awesome back in early DP but now everyone is mostly "meh" about it. Given that its highly unlikely it'll evolve, it also means we're stuck with it as is for the rest of DP.

I hated Pochama before the series even started because everyone loved the stupid penguin and shunned Hikozaru. The overexposure only helped, though I found Hikari's Pochama to be an annoying brat from the beginning. =P

What the hell does the "シュンシュン シュルルン ションボリン " mean in Ashita wa Kitto?

Is it some kind of onomatopoeia for sobbing or is it just random gibberish?

It means practically the same thing as "Yukirinrin Gekihatsuratsu Kyouminshinshin Ikkiyouyou" in Advance Adventure. Just pointless singing.

"High Touch!" has some really good animation. The song itself is get a "meh". Though I don't hate the song, I'm not really impressed by it either. Perhaps it just needs some time to get used to it.
Same goes for "Ashita wa Kitto" for that matter.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this and if someone did, sorry but as I was watching the opening again, I just noticed that Max and Misty have the same/similar pose. I found it quite interesting to see that both have the peace sign/wink pose. Weird that I haven't noticed it until now.

I loved the new songs. The OP and ED were both catchy. However, I think the ending would make a better episode. Two buddies having a fallout an done of them regretting it? Gold man.

Off topic, lay off Pochama. Is it really that bad? I mean, Pikachu is on every piece of merchandise and the main star of all the shorts. Seriously, at least Pochama isn't useless (I'm looking at you Togepi). Pochama has a good dynamic with Pikachu: a friend that Pikachu doesn't to try and save everytime they're left alone. Plus, Hikari and Pochama's friendship shows how much influence Satoshi has on Hikari.

All in all, the OP, ED, and Pochama are fine with me.

It means practically the same thing as "Yukirinrin Gekihatsuratsu Kyouminshinshin Ikkiyouyou" in Advance Adventure. Just pointless singing.

Uh, those lines aren't pointless singing (though you romanized them wrong).

Do the lyrics make more sense written like this?
勇気凛凛 元気溌剌 興味津津 意気揚揚

(yeah, not completely sure if those are the intended kanji, but it works)

I like the new opening, possibly just because I was so sick of Together that I was considering castrating myself if I heard it again. The animation was nice, and I liked how when it showed Ash, Dawn, their rivals and their signiture Pokemon, although Paul had Honchrow instead of Electabuzz/Torterra, Dawn not just had the annoying blue bird, but she also had Ambipom, which is possibly hinting that its her new 'Second in command' of sorts.

The new ending is...lets just say I'm not too impressed.

pikaprinza2.jpg

Feel free to do a better job yourselves.

Last edited:
High Touch has been stuck in my head since I first saw it.

It's a nice opening. Rica's singing plus the peppy melody give the song a bit of a retro feel. I like that Galactic, and J got spots in the opening. And how this opening welcomes Haruka and Masato to the montage of friends and family.

Ashita wa Kitto was pretty cute, I don't mind too badly that it is centered around Pochama, there had to be one sooner or later. I like that this focused a little on Pochama's bratty character, that aspect of it's personality hasn't shown up in the show in quite a while.

Did anyone translate the lyrics for the opening yet? I don't know if its been posted anywhere.

Did anyone translate the lyrics for the opening yet? I don't know if its been posted anywhere.

Hey Hey Hey!
Hey Hey Hey!

We fight, make up, fight again
I have a lot to say,
but most of all...
"Thank you for being here!"
Companions on a journey, compassion in life
I pretend to understand
But actually...
"I'm glad you are here!"
Nice partners!
Nice rivals!
I'll push you
Pull you
When I look up, the sun seems so bright

Hey! Hey! Hey!

If it goes well, let's high five!

Hey! Hey! Hey!

If we cave in, we'll get back in shape!
As long as we are together
It is too early to give up! GO GO GO!

Hey! Hey! Hey!

It went well, let's high five!

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Shake hands with the battle opponent!
As long as we are together
We can go much further!

GO GO GO!
GO GO GO! GO GO GO!

Credit goes to www.pocketmonsters.net

At least the Japanese openings don't recycle generic phrases and repeat "Pokémon" every other line as if they're afraid people will forget what they are watching...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom