• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Mafia [Game over! and the winner is...]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Mafia [Night 2: welcome to Hinamizawa]

Don't look at me, Neonsands; I told you -- I'm a bomb and kill people when I'm lynched. Nobody was lynched today. Is that clear enough?

Don't look at me, Neonsands; I told you -- I'm a bomb and kill people when I'm lynched. Nobody was lynched today. Is that clear enough?

Sounds like a risk we'll have to take sooner or later. Unless the mafia are clever.

I think everybody right now wants Phoenicks dead, but is just too afraid to do anything to him xD

As long as I'm not dead, I'm not a threat to anyone. The second I die, you lose an innocent (whoever I kill) and me (somebody who won't be nightkilled by the mafia).

When I'm nightkilled, I kill my attacker. I have no choice in who I kill. Therefore, to kill me, the mafia would have to lose one of their own. That's stupid. Mafia can't win by killing themselves. No, they'd be better off by leaving me well-enough alone. I've made myself clear in saying that I'm willing to kill townspeople when I'm lynched, anyways.

hey just posting to show that i'm active

Guys, tonight Phoenicks is nightkillable without any negative consequences for the killer.

I have here a pm by the host (with some details cut out):

Umeko said:
Mijzelffan said:
If (...) any potential bombs during the night, will they lose their ability to bomb?
During the night they will, yes.

Umeko said:
Mijzelffan said:
But it's a 100% guarantee that the killer of said bomb (whoever it may be) will not die?
Patience, I'm on my phone and at work so I'm slowly answering PMs one at a time. XD

Yes, it is a 100% guarantee.

This is probably the only time this chance will arrive, so I hope the mafia will take it, and kill Phoenicks. Since he threatened to kill both our parties, I think we'd both like him gone, no?

I threatened to kill a party as long as they threatened to kill me. As long as I'm not affected, I'm not going to harm anybody.

The mafia wouldn't benefit in the sense that they'd waste a nightkill on me. I'm not a threat to them. It appears that you're a roleblocker, Mijz -- why would they kill a neutral player over an active threat? It makes no sense. They want to kill players working against them.

Acting with your role under the assumption that the mafia will colloborate, anyways, is foolhardy.

Any vigilantes shouldn't kill me either -- they'll be wasting their turns killing me when I'm not a threat to the town. Most vigs' only have one kill. Why waste it when I'm not going to threaten anybody? With 5 non-mafia players dead by tomorrow (unless the assumed doctor gets lucky), every kill against the mafia counts for you guys.

Go ahead and kill me. It would hurt the side that tries to do it.

Seeing as my abilities only activate when I'm killed anyways, I don't see why you would... want to kill me. I'm less of a threat alive than dead.

Edit: One more thing: Mijz could be lying to get mafia to attack me.

Did you miss the "This is probably the only time this chance will arrive" part?

It's either kill you now or let you wildly vote and do stuff while never being able to stop you without losing a teammember or your own life.

Hey, you're a pretty convincing player. Even when you're neutral, I think you're enough of a threat to the mafia, unmasking them as you go. And to the innocents. I can already see you killing the doctor after making a post of 60 lines long, making everyone follow you (BMGf mafia 3, sup). Killing you now is an effective way to stop you from doing that.

Plus last but not least, victory just isn't as sweet when you have to share it with another party. Since when was someone really happy to be in shared first place anyway?

Edit: One more thing: Mijz could be lying to get mafia to attack me.

I'm willing to swear on the Netherlands, my cat, and the movie Tangled that I'm not lying here.

Did you miss the "This is probably the only time this chance will arrive" part?

So you wasted your powers on me. Not my issue.

It'd still be a waste to kill me. It doesn't matter if this is the only time to do so.

It's either kill you now or let you wildly vote and do stuff while never being able to stop you without losing a teammember or your own life.

'Teammember'? And what concern do you have for my life?

I'm not looking to shake up the bag at all. Mijz, be honest: The pursuit of me is a side-show. A freak-circus. The mafia wants it to continue: every turn you spend pursuing me is one less moment spent rooting out actual mafia.

"Actual mafia" -- you know, the people who need to be beaten for a win? Now you're just wasting time.

Hey, you're a pretty convincing player. Even when you're neutral, I think you're enough of a threat to the mafia, unmasking them as you go. And to the innocents. I can already see you killing the doctor after making a post of 60 lines long, making everyone follow you (BMGf mafia 3, sup). Killing you now is an effective way to stop you from doing that.

I'm either a threat to the innocents, the mafia, or neither. I can't be a plausible threat to both.

So I'll make this clear again: I'm only a threat to people who try to kill me. Otherwise, I'm nothing.

Of course I'm generally convincing -- I stick to the facts. In BMGF Mafia II I was convincing because I was new with an untested playstyle. Every game besides that has had me as innocent/indpendent -- minus the Avatar mafia, where I got killed for not being convincing. My playstyle sticks to the facts. I've done that here too. It makes sense why I'd be 'convincing', then.

Not that I'm a threat at all, mind you. Being 'convincing' isn't good grounds for killing somebody.

Plus last but not least, victory just isn't as sweet when you have to share it with another party. Since when was someone really happy to be in shared first place anyway?

Weak. Independents win on a regular basis. This is such a weak excuse it implies that you're not trying to work with the truth but with something else.

I go back to my earlier idea: you're lying to get the mafia to kill me and lose one of their own.

Phoenicks, if I'm lying, then why are you responding to that post with anything besides "you're lying" at all?

You know I'm not lying yourself. You just don't want others to believe it ;)

Phoenicks, if I'm lying, then why are you responding to that post with anything besides "you're lying" at all?

You know I'm not lying yourself. You just don't want others to believe it ;)

Because there are other reasons to consider you lying (the lame 'wins are better unshared' excuse).

If you're not lying, there are still reasons to not kill me. I'm not a threat to anybody alive. You are.

That's not a lame excuse. It's completely true. You're just saying it's lame in the hope to discredit me and stay alive. Understandable, but nevertheless.

Also, since when did I become a threat to anyone alive? Last time I checked, I didn't have the ability to kill people, whereas you do. You are the threat to people alive. You have even threatened to kill several people here, whereas I have not. People who threaten to kill others are seen as threats to the public. Ask the US army. Ask anyone. It's common sense.

You're really just grasping for straws now.

Would the mafia take that risk to take Phoenicks out? I dont know. We havent lynched a mafia member yet. They might think from that standpoint that its an acceptable one and give up one of their own to do it. Thats just my thoughts They know now that we wont lynch him for fear of him taking out an innocent.

Remember I was a bomb in Falconwing 2 although my kill was at random,still the mafia chose to take that risk and kill me even though it meant them posssibly losing an important mafia member.

The only thing is they won't lose a teammember when attacking Phoenicks now.

Seriously, I swore on my country Phoenicks to be killable tonight without any consequences. That same country that caused me to get banned once when I flipped over someone badmouthing it. So if I swear on it, you can take me very seriously.

The only thing is they won't lose a teammember when attacking Phoenicks now.

Seriously, I swore on my country Phoenicks to be killable tonight without any consequences. That same country that caused me to get banned once when I flipped over someone badmouthing it. So if I swear on it, you can take me very seriously.

Ok then.

If no one objects, I'm going to be updating a couple hours earlier than planned (I forgot that I have a class during my normal update time XD). I think I've received all of the night actions I expect to get, anyway.

Thursday, June 16, 1983
7:54 AM, Hinamizawa dump

It's hard to decide if this scene is more or less disturbing than the man with his head beaten to a pulp the night before.

On the one hand, this victim's body isn't mauled nearly as badly. There are abrasions all up and down her arms, but those are nothing too serious. However, she seems to have cut open her own throat, piercing her jugular... using her fingernails.

Judging from the blood-soaked surroundings, this seems to be the place where the girl died; her body wasn't just dumped here. There's also evidence that she had put up a fight, implying that someone was attacking her... but then why did she end up just killing herself after all that effort?

This just makes no sense.

Of course, when we're dealing with Hinamizawa, that's kind of to be expected.

Shiny Celebi has been killed.

She was a kidnapper.

It is now Day 3.

Sourcandy has returned.

Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Mafia [Day 3: formication. not fornication.]

So is Ume intentionally keeping the alignments from us? Although it doesn't matter too much, because if Shiny Celebi was town, then we were saved from wasting a lynch on her today, whereas if she was scum, then scum just died.

Meanwhile, there are some forgettable people in this game so I would be happy if they posted instead of letting only a few of us lead the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom