• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Hikari, Ayako to battle in next Pokémon Contest: Episode to air on Aug. 13

Hero in a Half Shell
Reaction score
I already did.

There is no way she should have been able to beat Lila or May.
So, a coordinator that has only won 4 ribbons in her entire career, never entered a Grand Festival, quit, then came back years later and Glaceon who was May's weakest Pokemon and was taking it easy on Dawn (Blaziken or Venasaur would have destroyed Piplup, no contest).

Johanna's won a Grand Festival, but if she pulls punches like May did and uses her weakest Pokemon, then sure she could win.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
So, a coordinator that has only won 4 ribbons in her entire career, never entered a Grand Festival, quit, then came back years later and Glaceon who was May's weakest Pokemon and was taking it easy on Dawn (Blaziken or Venasaur would have destroyed Piplup, no contest).
Glaceon got maybe 5 episodes of screentime. And even if it is May's weakest Pokémon, it still should be stronger than anything Dawn had.

I can see I'm going to be shouted down though, so I'll stop here.

Reaction score
She won't beat her mother anyway, so arguing this is rather pointless.