• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Hikari, Ayako to battle in next Pokémon Contest: Episode to air on Aug. 13

Duckgon Z

Hero in a Half Shell
Reaction score
I already did.

There is no way she should have been able to beat Lila or May.
So, a coordinator that has only won 4 ribbons in her entire career, never entered a Grand Festival, quit, then came back years later and Glaceon who was May's weakest Pokemon and was taking it easy on Dawn (Blaziken or Venasaur would have destroyed Piplup, no contest).

Johanna's won a Grand Festival, but if she pulls punches like May did and uses her weakest Pokemon, then sure she could win.

Nando

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
So, a coordinator that has only won 4 ribbons in her entire career, never entered a Grand Festival, quit, then came back years later and Glaceon who was May's weakest Pokemon and was taking it easy on Dawn (Blaziken or Venasaur would have destroyed Piplup, no contest).
Glaceon got maybe 5 episodes of screentime. And even if it is May's weakest Pokémon, it still should be stronger than anything Dawn had.

I can see I'm going to be shouted down though, so I'll stop here.

Tothenines

Reaction score
She won't beat her mother anyway, so arguing this is rather pointless.