• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hikari/Dawn to appear; participating in World Tournament

Re: Hikari/Dawn to appear; in what capacity unknown

Dawn's not in the 15th movie. I wonder if she'll be in the anime before or after the 15th.

I'm really happy Dawn is back with her whole team - much better than replacing one or more of them with a Unova Poké which we saw more than enough of or with random old ones... better give some extra focus to her known ones rather than add new members to her team that we'd see once and never again

I can't stress how much I disagree with this. Pochama, Mimirol, Magmarashi and Pachirisu being there is fine by me, but honestly, Togekiss can get the fuck out and stay out for all I care. It was bland, boring and just uninteresting. Mammoo got a lot of focus the last time around, so I wouldn't have minded it just staying out. Not mad per se it's getting a battle, but we've seen it battle before. There's a lot of Isshu Pokémon, Kojondo or Dredear, that are just made to be used in contests and it's a shame that we're not gonna get a chance to see a different side to the new Pokémon just to see Togekiss twirl... it can twirl it's ass out of the screen for all I care.

It turns out Pachirisu actually kicks Mijumaru's hotachi away when it tries to pick it up. Hikari's Pokémon really do seem to hate it don't they? xD

Don't we all. Don't we all. XD

Dawn's not in the 15th movie. I wonder if she'll be in the anime before or after the 15th.

That has mattered since when? Last DP movie came out mid-League, it's not like movies automatically take place in between the episode before and after it comes out. Not saying that I think Dawn will rejoin or not the main cast permanently, I haven't seen any convincing argument one way or the other.

I'm kind of disappointed that Buneary didn't evolve. I can understand why they didn't so that they could do that Pikachu crush bit, even though that felt pretty much forgotten by the middle of DP, but I kind of would have liked to see something new with it. Though, if Dawn bothered to finally teach it a fourth move, then I'd be okay with that too. I also in favor of not having Togekiss around. I absolutely hated the way it was just handed to Dawn and the Pokemon itself isn't really that great personality wise. It didn't add anything new to her team other than an undeserved Pokemon to use for the Grand Festival final battle. I'd be okay if Dawn had sent it back to that princess look-alike off-screen. There wasn't much bonding between them, especially compared to most of the other Pokemon in her team, so it isn't like something of significant value would be lost.

Besides that, I would have liked to see some new Pokemon on Dawn's team. It could have shown how she's still improving as a Coordinator, instead of having the same team as she did at the end of DP, and it could have been interesting to see either Unova or any Hoenn Pokemon she could have caught being shown/used in a different way.

Togekiss could redeem itself for me if it had a contest battle against Cilan's Stunfisk. Grace vs Derp.

That one kick is enough to make me like Pachirisu a lot more than I did, so there's hope yet if Dawn's managed to corrupt Togekiss in Hoenn.

I'm kind of disappointed that Buneary didn't evolve.
There's a Lopunny in the new ending, just before the Piplup vs Oshawott race scene, so perhaps an absolute remote chance of it evolving on screen.

Dawn's team is known for being stagnant for long periods of time. I don't see any evo's.

It's stupid she didn't come back with any Hoenn Pokemon though so she has nothing new at all. How boring.

She most likely will NOT stay for the rest of BW, but just for this East Unova arc, which won't last more than, say, 20 eps at best and that's being veeeeery generous?

But she is on the main character page. Why would they add her if she's not permanent? And how you know that "east unova arc" isn't the whole BW2?

So is Cynthia. Your point? She's not with the BW trio on any of the promotions.

Every new BW image shows just Ash, Iris and Cilan together.

Well Hikari having a bio on the characters page signals to me that she'll be reoccurring. She wasn't in the ED so she won't be a main character (to no one's surprise).

As for what we saw.... eee I'm so excited! :-D Potchama is as awesome as ever, it has the rivalry with Mijumaru I was hoping for, Mimirol is still crushing on Pikachu, and Hikari brought her whole team to Isshu it seems! Also, did anyone else think it looked like Hikari was waving goodbye at her house? Maybe we'll find out how she did in Houenn?

what do you mean when you say ed

I mean the ending animation.

I hope Dawn still has Ball Capsules. Be neat to see the animation again for them. Wonder what Dawn will think of Team Rocket....if she see them.

Okay here's what I think.
1: They would not put her in the bio page if shes just there for an arc.
2: Given her placement in the bios she is a main character.
3: Even if shes not a mc she is there for the whole season.
4: Given the fact that ash has caught 9 unova Pokemon. I do she her catching more unova or older Pokemon.

It's stupid she didn't come back with any Hoenn Pokemon though so she has nothing new at all. How boring.

My Hoenn bias senses are tingling. It really doesn't matter if Dawn doesn't have any Hoenn Pokemon, just as long as she herself is back, I'll be very happy.

Perhaps she has caught Hoenn Pokemon, but they just ran away to follow their dream of playing air hockey or foosball. Either way, it seems the point here is to promote old characters and their Pokemon, rather than an old region like Hoenn.

As for Dawn herself, I'm pretty indifferent to her coming back to be honest. I liked her as a character and her story, but her interactions with others were always so stale and contrived. I can't help but feel her meeting up with the new characters is just going to be more of the same.

On her special Dawn clearly said, after deciding which pokemon to take to Hoenn, she was going to train all of her current team because they still had a lot to improve on. Basically saying, instead of catching new pokemon as she was first planning (Dawn was just going to take Piplup), she will keep her whole team intact and concentrate on them only.

So this is precisely what we see in Best Wishes, everything that Dawn said she did.

1. Continue on her journeys
2. Do various activities to become a better coordinator
3. Meet up with Ash
4. Keep her team intact in Hoenn

Sounds like a lot of promises to me. I think Dawn might be gone once the Junior tournament begins. The summaries don't mention her competing in it and I doubt she would be left to the sidelines for 5 eps so she's probably going to leave beforehand.

Sounds like a lot of promises to me. I think Dawn might be gone once the Junior tournament begins. The summaries don't mention her competing in it and I doubt she would be left to the sidelines for 5 eps so she's probably going to leave beforehand.

Iris might be left out in the sidelines but Dawn has old pokemon to promote and she is in Unova to become a Top Coordinator, so she already has certain things in mind and didn't stumble there without a plan.

My guess is Dawn will be there to help Ash train, since she's the only one on the group to have strong and enough pokemon to give Ash a real challenge.

Iris might be left out in the sidelines but Dawn has old pokemon to promote and she is in Unova to become a Top Coordinator, so she already has certain things in mind and didn't stumble there without a plan.

My guess is Dawn will be there to help Ash train, since she's the only one on the group to have strong and enough pokemon to give Ash a real challenge.

Promote old Pokemon? You mean the fact that we're seeing all 6 of her pokemon in the same ep and there's no reason her old Pokes will be promoted more than all the wild Kanto/Johto/Hoenn pokemon we've seen in the previews? Training with Ash is also done in a few eps, it doesn't need to be there all region.

You know this reminds me of Gary coming back for DP. Everyone thought Gary was going to get this "huge comeback" after he was hyped up in AG's finale, and then over the entire span of DP he only got 3 episodes and then faded away into oblivion. The same will likely happen when Dawn's visit draws to a close and she returns to Hoenn to finish her journey.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom