• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hikari/Dawn to appear; participating in World Tournament

Re: Hikari/Dawn to appear; in what capacity unknown

Pochama, just Pochama. XD He just looked lulzy in that trailer like, "Move over Miju, I got this. I'll be the butt monkey attention whore from now on" and I really like Pochama for that!

Chaobu and Mammoo duke it out, looks good. Mimirol still has a crush and yeah, I'm excited for Hikari to come back. It's just gonna be awesome. I kinda see her sticking around for more than 4-5 episodes, though I don't think she'll be a main cast member.

1337250328795.jpg

loooool. Why is he in an inner tube? XD

I knew it my dream came true she is back with ash.

Well Hikari having a bio on the characters page signals to me that she'll be reoccurring. She wasn't in the ED so she won't be a main character (to no one's surprise).

As for what we saw.... eee I'm so excited! :-D Potchama is as awesome as ever, it has the rivalry with Mijumaru I was hoping for, Mimirol is still crushing on Pikachu, and Hikari brought her whole team to Isshu it seems! Also, did anyone else think it looked like Hikari was waving goodbye at her house? Maybe we'll find out how she did in Houenn?

I'm pretty sure that was her saying hey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since the uploaded preview cut a few things out, here's all you need to know about Potchama and Mijumaru's relationship:

BW2_potchamiju.jpg

I can't wait to see her battle against Ash! that will be interesting! It will be a 3on3 for sure!
Imagine what a great battle Oshawott and Piplup will put on!

Mamoswine,Quilava and Pochama for Dawn, Pignite,Oshawott and Pikachu or Leavanny!

Fun. Dawn has Quilava.

Dub plot hole incoming!

It's not really a "plot hole"... it's really not that different than May returning with a Venusaur
She'll probably explain about her Hoenn journey and that her Cyndaquil evolved, so there's no "plot hole" caused by not airing the Dawn/Brock eps... it's sad that they didn't air them and they should air them eventually before reaching these eps (though I doubt that will happen) but it's not really creating any plot holes or confusion if they ignore these eps...

Anyway...
I'm really happy Dawn is back with her whole team - much better than replacing one or more of them with a Unova Poké which we saw more than enough of or with random old ones... better give some extra focus to her known ones rather than add new members to her team that we'd see once and never again
Nice to see Pika/Bunny love again and big LOL at the Pip/Osha interactions, looks to be as awesome as I thought it'd be <3

The preview had Piplup and Ohsawott fighting over Meloetta. Yes!

It turns out Pachirisu actually kicks Mijumaru's hotachi away when it tries to pick it up. Hikari's Pokémon really do seem to hate it don't they? xD

1337250328795.jpg

loooool. Why is he in an inner tube? XD
Considering his "Me Gusta" face with Meloetta, perhaps he's putting on a cute act to make Oshawott all jealous?

It turns out Pachirisu actually kicks Mijumaru's hotachi away when it tries to pick it up. Hikari's Pokémon really do seem to hate it don't they? xD
Dawn's a bad parent! Teaching her children to be bullies like that.

OMG I just saw the full trailer with Pachi kicking Oshawott's scalchop XDDDDDDDDD
Oh god these eps are automatically best BW eps ever XDDD
Dawn came to save the BW series <3
...oh what a DP fanboy I became (wow, I just realized "DP" can work here both as Diamond & Pearl and as Dawn & Piplup, lol)

As I said before regarding her placement in the character bio, Dawn will again be part of the main cast. We can gather that Dawn is in Unova primarily for training and joins Ash again for that reason. She is not there to participate in any specific competition although there might be chances to do that later on.
She has her whole team with no new update, which means she will get development for them in the new episodes and most likely catch new ones.

I think maybe there's a chance Dawn will have an extended visit, like stay for the whole East Unova arc, which may be a little longer than what I said at first... after they leave East Unova, Dawn will either stay there for whatever excuse they'll make up or go back to Hoenn/Sinnoh or to another region she's never been to (I always thought it'd make sense she'd want to go to Johto after hearing about it from both Lyra and May, especially with May talking about the Contests there... she also showed interest at seeing Kanto at the end of DP until the bunny's fashion thing made her change her initial plan to go with Ash to Pallet)
So I still seriously doubt Dawn returns to the main cast (especially when she came back with her full team as it is... if she's return to main cast she'd probably only have 3-4 with place to new captures...) and if her supposed return to main cast would be to turn her into a third sidekick in addition to Iris and Cilan, then no thanks, I rather enjoy a well written arc featuring her, rather than see the character who once starred in this show demote into a sidekick
At least an extended visit will emphasize her importance over Misty/May and give us more than just the usual 3-5 eps, but that's it probably...

The bigger question for me is why come to East Unova to become a better COORDINATOR! It's a bit strange? to a region where U don't have contests!
The writers really have to pull it of big! What is going on there!?
For her being MC again! I would love it! But I really doubt it! Hopefully some of her Rivals steps by! ;) and Bel must to meet her! :D

The extended visit will be as long as BW Season 2 lasts because we have her included with all the regular characters from BW on the list. Like the other main cast members her story is mostly open ended, unlike May who came in only for a single defined purpose in the Wallace Cup and then departed.

Dawn is going to Unova to improve and what other quests she will have is still unknown. The writers also have no obligation to follow up on trivial things that were said in previous generations. Her previous stated interest in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/pokemodeling won't matter now that she is beginning a new adventure in Unova. So as much as people wish she just get a May-like treatment, they will be the ones disappointed when she stays there months later and gets a lot of unexpected development in her story.

She most likely will NOT stay for the rest of BW, but just for this East Unova arc, which won't last more than, say, 20 eps at best and that's being veeeeery generous? which would give it like 5 months... I think by the end of 2012 this East Unova arc will be done, both Dawn and Meloetta will leave the group and Cynthia will either disappear too or turn into a recurring character
Then during the first half of 2013 Ash can get his final badge and enter the League, then after that start whatever new journey he'll do which will last until around September 2014 when next gen will probably start

Dawn returning to the main cast...? NO!
Nah, but I seriously doubt that she'll join the main cast again considering that she didn't even appear in the ending, and only Ash, Iris and Cilan were present. That pretty much confirms that she won't join the group again. A recurring character, maybe, but I'd rather not see her last for more than like 4-5 episodes.

Dawn is my least liked female companion, and I'm not even going to mention my hatred towards Piplup, so therefore I'd rather not see her stay for too long, since I love the trio just as it is right now. I won't be a downer about her appearing and ruin the hype for the rest of you guys though, instead I'll try to just forget all about my previous hatred towards her and give her another chance. Who knows, maybe this season will make me change opinion about her. mission impossible

Frankly I'm actually looking forward to her interactions with Dento and Iris, even though I can't really see much happening between her and Dento, more than maybe just a little at first. But seeing her and Iris fleeing from those Onix gave me hope for some awesome bonding for the two of them, so I'm really looking forward to that! Ironically my most liked and disliked female companions are together at one place, this will surely prove to be interesting. ^^

The ending can change to include one with Dawn. Most important is the opening for BW Season 2, where we should see the whole group adventuring together.

Heh, everyone knew that this would happen if Piplup and Osha ever met. Yeah, there's no difference with the special being left out. "Oh, Cyndaquil evolved, ok"

The ending can change to include one with Dawn. Most important is the opening for BW Season 2, where we should see the whole group adventuring together.

That I doubt, considering that there were quite a lot of scenes with Ash, Iris and Dento. And why would they not just show a ending with Dawn included in right away if so? To keep that Dawn would rejoin the main cast a secret sounds very unlikely to me, and they'd probably have just stated it right away if she actually was to join the cast again.

I doubt it, but we'll see in time, now won't we?

Why are people mentioning the ED in relation to Dawn? Even IF Dawn permamently joined the cast again, why would they show her in this ED? this ED showcases the current group, which is Ash/Iris/Cilan, Meloetta and the Pokémon that will appear in Meloetta's short movie
If anything, in case we'll get a new OP with the start of Season 2 (which I'm still not convinced we will) THIS might give us more of an idea as to what role exactly Dawn will play (if she'd appear in all group scenes together with Ash/Iris/Cilan, it could hint at a possible joining the group for either some extended arc or maybe even permamently, while if she's just in a one scene with Cynthia or something like that - it'd be pretty obvious she's NOT returning to the main cast)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom