• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hikari/Dawn to appear; participating in World Tournament

Re: Hikari/Dawn to appear; in what capacity unknown

The ending that recently aired is still in the pre-East Univa milieu as we have to wait until June 21. I also see very little scenes with the Unova trio, its mostly just pokemon. Although I noticed a tiny clip of Oshawott swimming with Piplup and even the old Jigglypuff with the marker.

Last edited:

Pip and the Jiggly appear in the Meloetta short movie, which again, is why they're appearing here
Dawn shouldn't appear in this ED even if she does permamently join the main cast, since as said this ED premiered now, before we reach the East Unova eps, so it showcase the CURRENT group, with some Pokémon that appear in Meloetta's short movie (which this ED is clearly supposed to advertise)

Am I the first person to notice the fact that Mijumaru gets a crush on Mimirol, only to be shut out for Pikachu? Because that's hilarious.

But seriously Hikari, not a single roster change during your time in Hoenn?

But seriously Hikari, not a single roster change during your time in Hoenn?

I still can't understand the people that wanted her to have any changes
May didn't catch anything new for her DP visit either... though she did get some evolutions, but she had way more evolution options than Dawn
Dawn's possible evolutions are only Bunny and Quilava... since the bunny used to be her second-to-Pip mascot and since its running gag of being in love with Pika wouldn't work as good if it'd be a giant bunny, they might prefer it to stay unevolved... and since Quilava only appeared in total of ONE single ep, which wasn't even part of any series and was just a standalone "special", they might want to showcase it as a Quilava for some more time until they let it evolve if it'll evolve at all

As for new captures- that would be pointless since:
1. It's better to focus on her current team and give them some extra screen time and development, rather than focus on random new captures we'll see once and never again
2. Unova Poké we saw more than enough of and will continue to see
3. Old gens Poké are already making a big return to the anime both by Dawn's whole team as it is and by the countless older Poké we'll see there anyway in East Unova

Seriously, it was the best to leave her team as it is no matter how we'd look at it
The only change I can see MAYBE happening is Quilava eventually evolving into Typhlosion by the the end of the East Unova arc and Dawn's likely departure

The writers most likely left Dawn's team intact so it will be easier for them to develop them. Having all of them but Piplup fully evolved would be pointless when she is going to "grow" in Unova. Quilava is most likely to evolve, and Buneary might stay like that for a long time until they decide to end her crush with Pikachu. Also when they apparently meet with Dawn she already has the Xtransciever so she must have been in Unova for some time. Her stay in Hoenn was probably short and uneventful and maybe she felt bored traveling by herself so she sought to find Ash in Unova.

Yay we get to see Pikachu and Buneary scenes. Anyways, I got one question, does anyone know when Dawn will be appearing?

@Piplup why are U so against giving new Pokes to Dawn! I think Buneary and Mamswine had enough screen time and development ! Pachirisu hasn't but it's long time around so it could go as well! Her only Pokes which need slight more focus are Quilava(it evolved to soon) and Togekiss cause it's there for so little episodes!

To get a better Coordinator U have to invent Urself with new pokes and new combinations! for sure U can do that with Ur old Pokes but May evolved her Eevee especially so she could have a stronger Poke to compete!
So I want her to capture new Pokes so she gets development! and Improves her skills as a Coordinator!

Piplup and Oshawott together....no.

Piplup and Oshawott together fighting over Meloetta...yes.

I agree that Dawn should definitely have caught some new Pokémon in Hoenn, or at least evolved Quilava. Right now she's just like she was in Sinnoh, with the same old and boring Pokémon (except for Pachirisu). One capture and I would've been satisfied, but no.

At least May had evolved her Pokémon when she had her cameo, but they won't do the same here, and even though it's kinda understandable since Dawn don't have the same amount of options as May had they still could've compensated that with giving her some Pokémon from Hoenn instead. No reason for the writers to aim even more focus to Pokémon that already have gotten plenty of it.
Oh well. Maybe she'll catch a Pokémon in Unova.

50188533.png

Well, it's official. This is the best series ever.

/Biasx10

50188533.png

Well, it's official. This is the best series ever.

/Biasx10

Yes! I would have been so mad if the writers did not include them in. I wonder if this will cause Iris and Dawn to fight?

@Piplup why are U so against giving new Pokes to Dawn!

Re-read my post, I already expalined why

But Oshawott is Ash's.

Yeah, I was about to say it could be nice to see them fight but then get lost together and become friends during this time... but yeah - why would Dawn fight with Iris over what Ash's Pokémon is doing? and even then, both trainers would probably tell their Poké to be nice and that's it, not fight with each other because of their Poké...

lol I LOVE Piplup's face! This is gonna be beyond epic!

...Potchama, don't make me like you >:[

Miju, outtroll him, do it T_T

Pignite vs Mamoswine looks fun.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom