• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hilarious/Awesome X and Y Moments You Had

I remember when my Hawlucha withstood an attack for the first time. I can't really remember the battle it was in because it wasn't really important, but after that happened, I pet my Hawlucha and talked to it for at least an hour!

Had another one yesterday:

One of the fellow forum-members I had registered came online at the same time, so I went to the safari to see what his third slot was.

"Hmm, Galvantula... that's pretty neat I g-"
*Sparkle sparkle*
o_O

This one was equal parts hilarious AND awkward:

"Talonflame used Me First! Talonflame used Self-Destruct!"

I also had a Dig battle between Jolteon and a wild Durant that went roughly like this for 6-7 turns:

The wild Durant used Dig! It burrowed under the ground!

Jolteon used Dig! It burrowed under the ground!
The wild Durant used Dig! The attack missed!

Jolteon used Dig! *boom*
The wild Durant used Dig! It burrowed under the ground!

(lather, rinse, repeat)

I also discovered Hawlucha can learn Dig -- VERY handy against hordes of Geodudes because not only can you get out of harm's way against rock/ice/thunder techniques, Ground techniques (like Magnitude/Earthquake) still can't touch you.

And then there's Talonflame versus that Sky Trainer on ROute 18 with a Noctowl and Aerodactyl. (I could swear that I go into every Sky Battle with only Talonflame at my disposal.) Hypnosis put Talonflame out for three turns, but Noctowl's a defensive bird and I was able to Roost off the damage easily after waking up. Then I Me First the owl's Air Slash right back at the owl (so much for his Reflect) to finish him off. As for Aerodactyl, do I Roost off the damage to evaluate how badly his Rock techniques will crunch my bird up or do I try something else?

Talonflame used Me First! Talonflame used Stone Edge! (!) The opposing Aerodactyl fainted!

WOW.

Everyone's been telling about Seviper and Zangoose hordes, but on Route 18 you can have hordes with 4 Durant and one Heatmor. All I have to do is watch how they're killing each other.

So the other day I got randomly challenged by a guy in Canada. First it was my Aurorus vs his Tyruntrum. I had my boy use Aurora Beam but that didn't completely kill it. He uses dragon tail, and then LOL my other Aurorus comes into battle and wipes him out. Then he brings out Lucario and uses Aura Sphere, which kills my second Aurorus. I send out my Delphox, and that's when things get really weird/hilarious.

So I wipe out Lucario with Flamethrower easy, and from there one after another Sabrina kills his pokemon easily. This is including a Blastoise, who I was certain would kill her! Look Here if you don't believe me. There was just so much wrong going on in that battle, I can't believe how easily I won XD.

EDIT: Also I found a glitch in the Battle Chateau. Baroness Francine has a Flabebe, but it's cry is that of it's evolution Floette. This makes me lol XD

Last edited:
Awesome: Fighting an NPC trainer in Winding Woods who has a Trevevant.

Trevenant used Phantom Force! Trevenant vanished in an instant!

Talonflame used Me First! Talonflame vanished in an instant!
Trevenant used Phantom Force! The attack missed!

Talonflame used Phantom Force! *boom*

Yesterday some passerby asked me to trade so I accepted as I sort of enjoy trading. After one or two trades which helped me to expand the Pokédex he offered me an egg. I didn't know what's inside but I agreed just for the fun of surprise and sent him one of the Eevee I received on Wonder Trade.
The egg eventually hatched and inside was... Eevee!
It was really funny.

The most awesome moment was when I first battled Xerneas. I had decided to save my Master Ball, since I'd heard there were roaming legendaries (which was not quite right, but I didn't know that then). Before beginning the battle proper, I decided 'why not' and chucked a Quick Ball at it. IT WORKED!

When I was like 'OMG I really want a Female Eevee >.<' and then I walked into the Route 10 Grass.

'A Wild Eevee Appeared'

It was female.

Now YoseiEvomon (Sylveon) is trollin' the game.

Spent half an hour fishing in Shalour City to find a Chinchou for my Pokedex.
"Remoraid...Remoraid...Remoraid...Ah! Chinchou!"
I catch it, then move on to Super-Rod for catching Lanturn so I don't have to evolve Chinchou.
First time it caught something...it was a shiny Octillery! "Shinetopus" (yeah yeah, not very original) is so taking on a spot in my party!

When I first saw my Braixen put its twig back after using it. Braixen got skills.

And then, when my Fennekin only took 2 damage from a Water Gun.

These two are the same Pokemon :p

I was just trying to find a shiny Noibat on Friend Safari, and I did other stuff while running into random encounters. Well I got into a random encounter, but totally was occupied with other stuff. I looked at the screen, it was just your usual EPIC AND UNNEEDED CAMERA MOVEMENT AROUND THE BATTLEFIELD and it was just zooming in on my Hawlucha. So I just ran away from the battle, and yeah, you guessed it, it was a shiny Noibat.

My face after that was quite sour.

I was just trying to find a shiny Noibat on Friend Safari, and I did other stuff while running into random encounters. Well I got into a random encounter, but totally was occupied with other stuff. I looked at the screen, it was just your usual EPIC AND UNNEEDED CAMERA MOVEMENT AROUND THE BATTLEFIELD and it was just zooming in on my Hawlucha. So I just ran away from the battle, and yeah, you guessed it, it was a shiny Noibat.

My face after that was quite sour.

And that's why I always wait until I see the wild pokemon (or all of the horde in those battles) before running. I'm dead terrified of that happening.

I just spent a whole hour trying to shiny chain using the Poké Radar. My chains kept getting interrupted by Gulpin though. They were really annoying the hell out of me.

I came across another Gulpin and literally shouted "F***ING GULPIN!" at my 3DS... Then it sparkled and I realized... It's blue!

The Pokémon that had been annoying the hell out of me... I got in shiny! I threw a Quick Ball at it, nervous, hoping I caught it in one. I caught it.

I was gentle with my 3DS, I didn't want to knock it in case it turned it off (my old DS did this all the time...) and I immediately saved the game.

Shiny Gulpin. Hell yeah. First shiny of X.

I was just against a trainer's Audino. Close to fainting, I used what I expected to be my last attack... Audino then used Heal Pulse and restored most of my health. I then went on to win the battle.

A not too major but still a great moment for me was at the battle chateau, where I found that my lvl 12 honedge with rock smash, could not be harmed by lvl 40+ audinos, easiest exp ever.

I don't know where else to put this but in soulsilver my team of lvl 1 rotoms beat up a lvl 40 seedot and lotad in a double battle.

I had Sylveon inside Amie, and my sister stepped in and talked non-stop about stuff and I watched Sylveon and she stands there listening and as my sister keeps on talking, Then Sylveon starts to babble back. It was kinda hilarious because, Sylveon continues to babble back all the time as my sister keeped on speaking. I tried this myself and Sylveon speaks back if you talking with no stop. I tried this with my other pokemon, they either speak back to you or just nods to you as you apperantly can have therapy talks with you're pokemon xD

This guy cracked me up!

pokemon_x_and_y_over_9_000_by_robie_chan-d6q6iyx.jpg

During the 3rd chapter, I believe, of the Looker mission, and that woman just barges in and starts speaking Japanese, I just loled at the randomness of it.

Then Emma came in a just joined the convo and I was on the floor laughing.

It was also awesome since I understood a bit of what they were saying.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom