• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hilarious/Awesome X and Y Moments You Had

For some reason, my last expedition to Glittering Cave turned up a lot of Helix Fossils....

Breeding some ferroseeds yesterday and by crazy luck a female with 0 speed iv was born which was not inherited by destiny knot and has perfect relevant stats to boot.

My Machamp survived a Brave Bird from Malva's Talonflame than smashed it with Stone Edge. The lesson is that you shouldn't mess with a guy whose name includes "Champ" in it.

During my battle with Diantha; my Salamence used a pair of Dragon Dance and swept all the way to MegaGardevoir, who survived a hit and took her down.

Awesome for the computer: Ramos' Jumpluff somehow smashed several of my Pokemon with Acrobatics. He was by far the most memorably Gym Leader in this generation for this reason.

The Ace Trainer at the gate for Victory Road that checks your badges caught me off guard and won my respect when his Raichu took down Rhyperior thanks to knowing Grass Knot.

Last edited:
During Super Triples in the Maison, my Pyroar uses Yawn on a Politoed. On the next turn, Politoed uses Bounce. It falls asleep while in the air. Still chuckling after it.

so i'm looking for an unerve pyroar in the fs for iv breeding no prob i have 14 ultra balls and catching o power lvl 2 on well i run out of catching power lvl 2 and the very next patch turns out to be a ****ing shiny braixin and all i have is my lvl 100 talon flame i can't weaken the thing, guess what happens it escapes all 14 ultra balls one was even a critical catch it still escaped :'(

On a 6 vs 6 passerby battle, my Volcarona used Fiery Dance three times, and all three times he received a Special Attack boost.

My dear Helios ended up sweeping the opponent 5:0

All hail the sun god

Was Ditto breeding a Larvesta. Got a 5IV (no attack) male hatched, so I stopped the breeding project, now that I have one that can be trained for competitive battles. Hatched the remaining 3 eggs...

Second to last egg hatches into a 6IV female.

*faints*

Who should I train... Or should I train both...

Hilariously awesome moment: I'm up against a Rapidash in the Battle Maison. On the field is my Golurk. I choose Earthquake but Rapidash moves first since it's faster. What does it use? Bounce. I start to laugh, as my Golurk has No Guard. Earthquake hit that poor horsey in mid-air and it fainted. I'm still snickering over that one.

When I was up against a Japanese team, I screwed up their whole strategy with a Taunt Greninja. I've beaten every JP team I've battled except two so far, so I'm happy! Also when you annihilate a whole team of legendaries (like rayquaza and yveltal and mewtwo) with a legendary-free team >:D

Last night I faced someone who had three Eeveelutions: Espeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon. I didn't get far ... Umbreon had a mean Curse Payback combo going (plus Toxic and Moonlight and Leftovers), but I did see that Umbreon go down before it was all over.

Anyway, because I'm somewhat lacking in the Fairy-killing department, I taught my (Johto-caught and raised) Lucario how to Flash Cannon. It paid off handsomely in a random Wifi battle tonight.

Leading the charge was a shiny Groudon vs. my Mienshao. Groudon actually didn't give me that much trouble (relatively speaking) ... Mienshao survived a full-on Earthquake from the legendary Ruby mascot. Absol took one for the team so Lanturn could face down a MegaHoundoom on an equal field -- and she survived two Dark Pulses (including a critical) to Surf a 2HKO. Jolteon survived a Future Sight attack with exactly 1 HP (not the first time he's survived something by just 1 HP), and Mega Lucario polished off the fairies virtually unchallenged. (It was actually closer than it sounds.) Good game.

Video: 4QEW-WWWW-WWW6-ELTJ

[Edit - Sunday] This isn't X and Y related, but on my old FireRed I caught Articuno in a Great Ball! That was really close too -- I risked Jolteon giving it a Thunderbolt (which left Articuno with basically just 1HP), then promptly Thunder Waved it, swapped to Lapras (double ice resistance ftw) and started chucking balls. None of my Ultra Balls (all near-20 of them) got anywhere close, and I was really worried Articuno was running low on PP by the time it finally caught.

Last edited:
Hilarious moment: Watching a Bidoof using Waterfall in the Battle Maison. Just call it a "whirling derp-vish".

Awesome moment: Beating Nita and getting a Ribbon for my Golurk Riser. He did most of the heavy lifting, so he really earned this one.

I qualify this as both hilarious and awesome. Yesterday, I'm battling in the Battle Maison, and my Dragalge is up against an Omanyte. They have equal speed, and Dragalge Toxics it as the first move. Forget what Omanyte used first turn, but second turn, it moved first and used Ice Beam, freezing Dragalge. Dragalge immediately thaws out and KOs it with Venoshock.

Just went into Glittering Cave, trying to find an Old Amber(with Mewtwo using Rock Smash). What fossil do I find first?

A...Helix fossil. Wonderful.

Then, it is a spree. I find a Skull fossil, two Armor fossils, a Plume Fossil, and...an Old Amber.

Hmm...maybe the hype is right.

I qualify this as both hilarious and awesome. Yesterday, I'm battling in the Battle Maison, and my Dragalge is up against an Omanyte. They have equal speed, and Dragalge Toxics it as the first move. Forget what Omanyte used first turn, but second turn, it moved first and used Ice Beam, freezing Dragalge. Dragalge immediately thaws out and KOs it with Venoshock.

I might be able to top that -- in one battle my Luxray used Ice Fang on an opponent:
- Ice Fang froze the opponent solid.
- They THAWED OUT on the same turn.
- And flinched!

I might be able to top that -- in one battle my Luxray used Ice Fang on an opponent:
- Ice Fang froze the opponent solid.
- They THAWED OUT on the same turn.
- And flinched!

It's official, you've topped my story.

Awesome moment: Went into a Friend Safari for the first time.
First poke I find was a shiny Pansage.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom