• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Himshou Goran Pocket Monster- the phantom arcade game?

Lysandre

F***ing Fabulous
Reaction score
http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=8115

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9059

Manufacturer: Nintendo
Year: 2001
Class: Wide Release
Genre: Other
Type: Videogame

Monitor:

* Orientation: Horizontal
* Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
* CRT: Color

Conversion Class: JAMMA
Number of Simultaneous Players: 2
Maximum number of Players: 2
Gameplay: Either
Control Panel Layout: Multiple Player
Controls:

* Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)
* Buttons: 6 [Select|Cancel|Pokedex|Save|Pokemon|Status]

Sound: Amplified Stereo (two channel)

You guide Ash Ketchum to catch every Pokemon in this top-scrolling game. Battle each Gym Leader to get a badge. After Elite Four, you are taken to the evil Gary Oak.

Cabinet Information
The side art shows Pikachu and Ash.

Cheats, Tricks and Bugs
To catch any of the Legendary Bird Pokemon, you must have an Ultra Ball. You will need 50 of them.

To catch Mewtwo, beat the game one time, push the Pokemon button, go to the Flying-type Pokemon, push Select, Go to FLY, push Select again. Go to Cerulean City. Push the Pokemon button again, go to the Water-type Pokemon, Push Select, move the cursor to SURF, push Select again to get to Unknown Dungeon. You must follow the order. A-B-C-D-E-F-G. Go to a Pokemon. When you hear a noise, you will have a capture with level 70 Mewtwo. Must have a Master Ball from Slith Company, located at Saffron City. You want to add him to your Pokedex.

Game Introduction
You use your Pokemon Player's Guide (Red, and Blue Versions only) to make a walkthrough of the game.

The player can play either as the Red Version (player 1), or Blue Version (player 2). You can battle, or trade Pokemon while in 2 player mode located in every Pokemon Center.

Game Play
Once you get to certain cities, go to the house with the POKE sign to heal your Pokemon. You can also turn on the PC to deposit objects. Read the status from Professor Oak's PC to see how many Pokemons you have got. Once it says MART, that means you can buy things. Some places wants to trade your Pokemon for theirs such as: Farfetch'd, Likitung, Mr. Mime, and Jynx.

Once you get one of the fossils from MT. Moon, the Helix Fossil contains Omanyte, which evolves into Omastar in LV 40. The Dome Fossil contains Kabuto, which evolves into Kabutops in LV 40.

There are eleven unique Pokemon: Red Ekans, Arbok, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Scyther and Electrabuzz. The Blue version has Sandshrew, Sandslash, Meowth, Persian, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Vulpix, Ninetales, Magmar and Pinsir

The Pokemon from Coin Exchange is located in Celadon City:

Red Version

* Abra - 180CR
* Clefairy - 500CR
* Nidorina - 1,200CR
* Dratini - 2,800CR
* Scyther - 5,500CR
* Porygon - 9,999CR

Blue Version

* Abra - 120CR
* Clefairy - 750CR
* Nidorino - 1,200CR
* Pinsir - 2500CR
* Dratini - 4,600CR
* Porygon - 6,500CR

The gameplay is similar to Gauntlet.
Miscellaneous
COPY OF: Himshou Goran Pocket Monster
LICENSOR: Game Freak

Alright... what!?

As an arcade collector and a general expert in the field, I have found no information on this beyond what is given at KLOV, nor have any of my fellow collectors I have asked. The game is called "Himshou Goran Pocket Monster". Can someone tell me what this means, or at least translate it into Japanese characters for me to search for? Does anybody know how this game works, or have any information on it?

If this belongs in Simple Questions feel free to move it, but as it is not a very simple question, and I would like to be able to update as I find further information, I thought this was the right place and way to post it.

Thank you in advance.

Bump out of interest.

I can't help you much though
I will note that here it actually says hinshou Goran.
The Romanization posted is either wrong, or that's how it supposed to be said.

I didn't find anything in my dictionary, But, I'll ask my teacher.
I'm pretty sure that's an English word or phrase that makes no sense once we re-transliterate it.

...But it sounds like an arcade version of RGB, which I don't think would be all too great.

Arcade version of RGB..Anime style!

Seriously though, this seems like an odd concept. Is it even anime-style or did the person who made that change just call Red "Ash" and Blue "Gary"?

I have never heard of it. Nor have i seen any pokemon arcade games in all the arcades i've been to.
There IS a japan only pokemon arcade game, according to bulbapedia. And i have seen F-Zero arcade and Mario Kart Arcade machines before.

Very Rare - There are no known instances of this game owned by a known collector. This does not automatically mean that no examples exist, or even that only one or two machines exist.

Wanted - No members have added this machine to their wish list. Please note that many collectors are not members or do not list their desires here, and it is likely that a number of collectors might purchase this machine if offered it at the right price.

This game ranks a 0 on a scale out of 100 (100 = most commonly seen, 1=least common) in popularity based on census want list records.

0?

Heh... if no examples are given at all, a game doesn't receive a numerical grade. Even when factored in with the other percentages, no matter how high you round it 0 is still 0. It is an odd system, though.

d.aisuke- that actually helps A LOT. The incorrect romanization has been screwing me up majorly when turning it back and doing Japanese searches. I can't thank you enough. Also, part of it says the gameplay is akin to Gauntlet, so I doubt it's a direct port o_o I just don't know what to think xD

Somari again- no clue. I know nothing of it to know if it's anime or not. I would assume so.

Gligar- that article refers to recent arcade release Battrio. It's fun too, but not what I'm after. Thanks though.

It sounds like an earlier prototype for Gen I, although the naming system suggests that the person who wrote this discription follows the anime's canon. By the way, do you find it strange that Blue/Gary/Potato is referred to as "Evil"? I know he's a dick in Gen I (as is Gary early on in the anime), but I don't see why he would be considered evil.

Early prototype? On an arcade machine? 4 years after it was made?

Whoops, got the dates mixed up in my head. Now I have it figured out... it was obviously an attempt at an arcade port of Gen 1 with Yellow Version mixed in there!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom