• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hints from opposing ships you'll admit are plausible

PokemonLotty

Happy 4th of July :3
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is gonna get taken down for being controversial or whatever but, I'm interested so, I'll give it a shot.

For instance, I'm a Pokeshipper and a Contestshipper so some opposing ships for me would be advanceshipping, pearlshipping, morpheusshipping, etc.

Morpheusshipping, I admit, one-sided canon, I don't think anyone could deny that, that was pretty obvious on Angie's side. Same for ummm...Anabel x Ash(What's the name, again, I'm drawing a blank here...), undoubtedly one-sided canon.

Any specific hints you'll 'fess up to either, is also what I mean, you don't have to think your opposing ship is canon but, any hints you'll admit?

Advanceshipping: Ummm...Oh! When Ash like put his hands on May's shoulders or whatever, yeah, I won't lie if that was Misty Pokeshippers would go gaga. Also, in the 9th movie, the only hint I think was in that, and hey, it was a pretty good one, when Ash puts May in the tube thingy to ensure her safety, yeah, I was jealous of that :p That's all I got for advanceshipping.

Those are a few of mine, what about you other shippers? Advanceshippers, any Pokeshipping/Contestshipping/Pearlshipping/Negai/etc hints you'll confess? And, I'm sure you get the point. I said some of mine, what are some of yours?

(Don't forget when they swam with ze luvdiscs =P) I'm an avid AdvanceShipper but I'll let a few things go.

Pokeshipping: Pokemon 2000 from Misty's side. I won't deny the obvious attraction Misty has for Ash (Tsundere derp) That's about it for me =P Oh! And in Spurt! The Queen of hearts card, though I only think it's to only give Misty a camo, there might be undertones.
ContestShipping: I'll say that only May has perhaps a little rival crush for Drew, though it'll fade over time imo. So the Brianna fainting blushing scene thingy.

That's it methinks

I'm an Advanceshipper, but I think the Pokeshipper's interpretation of the "Queen of Hearts" card in Spurt! quite logical and plausible...

Hmm...
Advance: When May can't chose between her dad and Ash to cheer for. Just, wow. And the Luvdisc.
Pearl: When Ash is geniunely upset when Dawn loses.

See, I ship a lot, so the few ships that oppose to my own, mightn't even have any hints...

I'm an AdvanceShipper, but I can understand just about any AshX[insert girl's name here] ship. This includes the major Poke-girls (Misty, May, Dawn, Iris) as well as lesser characters (Melody, Macey, Anabel, Angie, etc.). Simply put, Ash is the type to attract girls with no conscious effort on his part. All he has to do is be himself and the girls practically flock to him. (Lucky bastard.) Of course, his clulessness/obliviousness with regard to romance means that any Ash shipping is largely or purely one-sided.

I'm an AdvanceShipper (we're taking over your thread apparently, LOL), and I will admit that any AshxGirl shipping as of right now is possible. If I had to choose one besides Advance though, it would be Poke. They had some pretty good chemistry going on there, they always fought, but in the end you could tell that they had a strong friendship.

For ContestShipping, there were the flowers, and Drew seems to pay a lot more attention to May than any other girl, but it just seems one-sided IMO.

I hope I didn't offend anyone :p

I'm a CafeMochashipper to some extent. But I will admit that Burgundy DEFINITELY has some feelings for Cilan. I don't think Cilan has those feelings for her in return, though.

As much as I dislike her, and as much as I dislike the pairing, that much I can't really deny :/

I'm also an Advanceshipper (lots of them active in this thread, apparently), but I do have to admit, the roses that Drew gives May are at least a one-sided hint on Drew's part. May might be blushing due to her liking him, but more likely is embarrassed to be made into the centre of attention. That's my own interpretation of it, so don't kill me if you hate my interpretation of it.

I'm also partial to Pokeshipping and the like, I don't care who Ash is with, really, only who May is with. I pretty much refuse to ship her in any fanfiction with any character other than Ash. If Ash is taken, I prefer her to be forever alone, or not in the story, period.

Actually, somehow I feel that it might be one-sided from May's side o_O

I mean, you don't see Drew freaking out or blushing when accused right? When Harley accused them, May was like NAU ;A; but Drew had this 'Wtf are you on about bro , u smokin' something? cuz dat b nasty' look on his face. I guess that's something i'd admit too

Actually, somehow I feel that it might be one-sided from May's side o_O

I mean, you don't see Drew freaking out or blushing when accused right? When Harley accused them, May was like NAU ;A; but Drew had this 'Wtf are you on about bro , u smokin' something? cuz dat b nasty' look on his face. I guess that's something i'd admit too

Good point.
In other shippings, I will agree that Pearlshipping does have some pretty good hints, like Dawn going into a damn cheerleader costume to get Ash to do better.
But I wouldn't go so far to say that hint is two-sided either, seems like she's desperately trying to get Ash to stare at her for a little longer than most people would hope.
:p
(Although I must say, if May went into a cheerleader uniform whenever Ash had a gym battle... that'd be pretty damn nice)

This ain't a shipping debate thread, people. I don't think any of us want to go and get the mods to clean it up.

Anyway, as a former Pokéshipper, Contestshipper, and whatever-the-heck Brock/Lucy is called shipper, I can admit that:

May respected Ash and seemed sort-of infatuated at the start of Hoenn, and that love/hate episode thing I guess could be seen as Ash/May. No comment on 9th movie.

Gary/Ash: Love/hate thing.

Brock/Any Other Female: Yeah, excluding Pokémon, TR, and those younger than him, at least one-sided canon from Brock's POV.

I can't really think of any others. But that may be because I see most shipping "hints" as friendship moments, like Ash not liking his lure being stolen or Ash putting May in the minisubmarine to protect her from drowning.

I'm not a diehard shipper, so I "accept" most hints of opposing ships as long as they're actually hints. For instance, Misty showing jealousy over Ash is a hint, but Misty and Ash standing next to each other is not a hint. I follow the same rules with ships I support, really.

I'm a staunch cafemocha/advanceshipper.

but the scan where Dent/Iris are holdings hands is indisputable , IMO because it's canon moreso than the scan of satoshi's arm around hikari's waist for the pizzahut thing. that being said, i don't mind wishfulshipping, i just... yeah. cafemocha and flavescent are so much better than wishfulshipping ;_;

i'll also admit that pokeshipping is one-sided canon on kasumi's part, and that contestshipping is pretty much canon. just because they are doesn't mean i like them. both ships are too cliche for me to really wrap my mind around though. i don't like heroxtsundere-girl ships usually, and the thing with the roses with shuu/haruka is just cliche, cliche, cliche.

I am an avid Poke, Pallet, Contest, Ikari and FlavescentShipper, but I can see some hints in my competition.

Ash and May fought a lot when they first met, same as with Dawn. However they grew to accept each other as friends and went above and beyond the call of duty for each other a few times, however, Pokeshippers can argue that the same thing happened with Ash and Misty. Such examples are Ash giving them a shoulder to cry on when they failed. Dawn also fought a Gym Battle against the Veilstone Gym Leader so she could have the confidence to face trainers again, and Ash battled her right after. Coincidence? Well, as I support Ikari, I say yes, but I won't argue against PearlShippers.

CookieShippers can say that Harley had a "love-at-first-sight" thing when he met May, as he walked right up and introduced himself to her, taking her complements in a twisted way. You can also say that he is jealous of May's "Boy-toys" and that can explain why he is constantly torturing her. he wants her sole attention.

I hate to admit it, but as much as I hate her, Iris and Ash have an opposites attract thing going on. She's too proud to admit things to Ash, and she offers advice to him all the time, chiding him when he is, well, Ash.

I`d give more examples but my brain is kaput, these are just noticeable hints I`ve seen >.<

While I mainly support Advanceshipping I've been watching alot of the old episodes of the anime and I admit there are three case of Pokeshipping for me. They come from Pokemon 2000, Misty meets her match and The heartbreak of Brock. Others may come up as I only just finished watching Jhoto Leauge Champions.

Although I'm a MorpheusShipper, I do acknowledge that Misty has a crush on Ash. I know I must have other examples, but for some reason they're not coming to mind at the moment.

I don't support Advancehipping because I think its the most plausible. I support it because the girls from other Ash ships turn me off a lot.

That said, movie 2 clearly shows Pokeshipping is canon from Misty's side. But she's just another tsundere, a character type that I find extremely repeatative and boring.

Ash and Dawn's very close friendship could blossom into a relationship.

And Harley is May's Stalker. He has this wierd obsession with her. So you could say its canon from his side in a wierd way.

May might have a crush on Drew.

Oh, I forgot about these ships ahaha. Morpheusshipping and Anabel x Ash shipping are palpably one-sided canon by Angie and Anabel.

here's my opinion on what ships(one-sided or two sided) exist with some of the main characters in pokemon. mods, if this post doesn't belong here, then delete this post

2qa3a54.jpg

I have to honestly agree with that post. It makes a lot of sense overall, and while a few of them are missing lines, it's overall pretty good.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom