• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

His only regret was that he had not killed his daughter at birth

Status
Not open for further replies.

shining-Celebi

Gaga's Backup Dancer!
Reaction score
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/iraqi-father-proud-he-killed-daughter-for-honor

article said:
An Iraqi father who murdered his 17-year-old daughter after she fell in love with a British soldier said death was “the least she deserved”.

Abdel-Qader Ali claimed the ‘honour killing’ was supported by local police, and said his only regret was that he had not killed his daughter at birth.

Rand Abdel-Qader, who was studying English at Basra University, was stamped on, suffocated and stabbed by her father, with help from her two older brothers.

It was deemed she had brought shame on her family by falling love with the soldier, known only as Paul, as she chatted to him a few times while working as a volunteer with refugees. She died on March 16, after her father discovered the pair had been seen talking in public.

Abdel-Qader, 46, a government employee, was released from police custody after just two hours, and claims officers congratulated him on what he had done. “They are men and know what honour is,” he said.

Speaking at his home in Basra’s Al-Fursi district, he told a Sunday newspaper: “Death was the least she deserved, I don’t regret it. I had the support of all my friends who are fathers, like me, and know what she did was unacceptable to any Muslim that honours his religion.”

Abdel-Qader, who remains a free man, threw Rand’s body into a makeshift grave as her uncles spat on it in disgust.

He went on: “I don’t have a daughter now, and I prefer to say that I never had one. That girl humiliated me in front of my family and friends. Speaking with a foreign soldier, she lost what is the most precious thing for any woman.

“People from western countries might be shocked, but our girls are not like their daughters that can sleep with any man they want and sometimes even get pregnant without marrying. Our girls should respect their religion, their family and their bodies.

“I have only two boys from now on. That girl was a mistake in my life. I know God is blessing me for what I did.”

Abdel-Qader, a Shia, said he was proud of the actions of his sons, Hassan, 23, and Haydar, 21, who joined in the attack after they were begged by their mother to help Rand.

He added: “My sons are by my side, and they were men enough to help me finish the life of someone who just brought shame to ours.”

Rand’s mother Leila divorced her husband after the killing and has been forced into hiding for fear of retribution from his family.

She said: “They cannot accept me leaving him. When I first left I went to a cousin’s home, but every day they were delivering notes to my door saying I was a prostitute and deserved the same death as Rand.

“She was killed by animals. Every night when go to bed I remember the face of Rand calling for help while her father and brothers ended her life.”

The 41-year-old, who nicknamed her daughter Rose because of her beauty as a baby, said she was trying to raise enough money to escape abroad. She added: “Now, my lovely Rose is in her grave. But, God will make her father pay, either in this world … or in the world after.”

Dispicable scumbag...killing your own daughter for falling in love!

*facepalm*
Pathetic. If you truly upheld your religion you would know that nothing deserves for your life to be ended.

That's life.

It's what those people do.

Sick twisted bastards.

If I was the father, I simply would've forbidden the daughter to see the soldier.

This may seem despicable to us... but for them, it's honor.

My good gentlemen, this shows us just how many of the developing countries are. They sometimes do this in China (kill girls because they prefer sons), India (kill girls because they have to pay when she gets married), Africa (a girl who is raped could be shamed and possibly executed).

"Yes yes. The divine power tells me to kill my daughter with her brothers." Will you ever learn?

I feel so bad for the poor girl. =(

Well, it's our own fault for that, technically.

On the other hand, what the fuck's with that guy jumping to conclusions like that with his daughter? And all women from the West? Honestly, while we have our fair share of hobags, we've got plenty of both genders who wait it out for their perfect one.

Just goes to show the extent that religion runs and ruins lives.

There are some that do this crap in the US too. I think honor killings are stupid and sexist (obviously).

Oh wow... This is just really, really sad. But the part that bugs me most of all is :

“People from western countries might be shocked, but our girls are not like their daughters that can sleep with any man they want and sometimes even get pregnant without marrying. Our girls should respect their religion, their family and their bodies.

“I have only two boys from now on. That girl was a mistake in my life. I know God is blessing me for what I did.”

REALLY?! Not only are all Western girls encourage to sleep with whoever they want, but God will bless him for killing his daughter?!?!?! *Sigh*

I think I'm gonna throw up ....

Sadly, most of the honour killings go un noticed.
Such things are quite common in the middle east. Very few of these murderers are actually punished.

The man fails as a father. I feel like crying now.

So, apparently, to certain Muslims, chatting = love.

This is siiiiiick.

Last edited:
So, apparently, to Muslims, chatting = love.

This is siiiiiick

Now that's just uncalled for. Don't catagorize an entire religion after what one idiot does. If he was an actual Muslim he wouldn't have done that.

So, apparently, to Muslims, chatting = love.

This is siiiiiick.
That's a disgusting thing to say! You cannot denounce an entire religion on one person's actions or else Christianity would have been destroyed by me by half a dozen fundamentalists.

Now that's just uncalled for. Don't catagorize an entire religion after what one idiot does. If he was an actual Muslim he wouldn't have done that.

I... wasn't trying to... I'll rephrase it. "CERTAIN Muslims." 'Kay?

I... wasn't trying to... I'll rephrase it. "CERTAIN Muslims." 'Kay?
You could just say fundamentalist/extremist muslims or fundamentalist/extremist/certain Afghans. I still think certain has more negative connotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom