• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisui Dex Discussion

I wonder if it might be that the Ainu stand-ins live in harmony with Pokémon— riding Wyrdeer and such— while our settlement of what will become the modern-day Japanese people are more unfamiliar with Pokémon and new to the idea of working/living with them.
That is for sure possible. We see people on the map in areas far away from Jubilife dressed like Dialga and Palkia... the Galaxy Team has probably never heard of these Pokémon, so it's likely these people have been in Hisui for a long time and revere Dialga and Palkia.

Village probably isn't just built up, but the team could be fairly new or at least the pokeball technology is, and even if it's been around for a bit, the village people probably aren't keen on using balls to put scary creatures in their pocket. That's why you're doing research to tell them that it's okay to capture a pet lion. =P

Yeah, i think the current Pokeballs as we know them weren't invented yet or weren't bulk produced yet and possibly the only 2 regions that had even acces to them were Kalos (Due to the Pokeball factory) and Galar (Being Kalos neighbor).

Yeah, i think the current Pokeballs as we know them weren't invented yet or weren't bulk produced yet and possibly the only 2 regions that had even acces to them were Kalos (Due to the Pokeball factory) and Galar (Being Kalos neighbor).

That depends on the history of the pokeball factory. Considering we're apparently going to be crafting pokeballs in LA, mass-production probably isn't a thing yet, so I doubt the factory exists.

...and was Galar ever confirmed to be Kalos's neighbor?

Yeah, so how about that Hisui Dex guys?

I'm looking at the dex balance, and we have some pretty good variety in this game. The main thing I think we need more of (besides more 5th-8th gen Pokemon) is more Dragons. Sinnoh has always lacked Dragons, even in Platinum all we had was Garchomp and Altaria. I would like to see more of them confirmed. I don't care if we get regular old Dragons from other regions or Hisuian forms/evolutions, just... more Dragons. Enough that someone could make a full team of Dragons if they so wish.

I hope Charizard isn't in this game for the sake of having more "dragons".
Given the more traditional asian vibe, I think it would be out of place in this one. Unless they decide to give us noodlezard, the noodle variant. And then I'd think they'd have to come up with something for the other two and after Megas and gmax forms, I'd hope they'd be a bit tired of redesigning the OG starters. XD

Given the more traditional asian vibe, I think it would be out of place in this one.
Kricketot, Kricketune and Gardevoir have a very European style and have already been confirmed. I think Charizard will be absent because he apparently couldn't fill any role in the game (Gen 6-Megas promotion, Gen 7-Poke Ride, Gen 8-the champion's Pokemon and Gigantamax promotion) but I wouldn't be surprised if it at least was coded.

Kricketot, Kricketune and Gardevoir have a very European style and have already been confirmed. I think Charizard will be absent because he apparently couldn't fill any role in the game (Gen 6-Megas promotion, Gen 7-Poke Ride, Gen 8-the champion's Pokemon and Gigantamax promotion) but I wouldn't be surprised if it at least was coded.
Kricketot is a Sinnoh pokemon to begin with? And Gardevoir really isn't all that European, plus it was available in Sinnoh via PokeRadar. It's not the same as shoving Charizard in when there's no thematic reason to.

I hope Charizard isn't in this game for the sake of having more "dragons".
Given the more traditional asian vibe, I think it would be out of place in this one. Unless they decide to give us noodlezard, the noodle variant. And then I'd think they'd have to come up with something for the other two and after Megas and gmax forms, I'd hope they'd be a bit tired of redesigning the OG starters. XD
You are clearly underestimating the lengths Game Freak will go to in order to make that fire lizard stay relevant. It's still very marketable after all. Even if Charizard does get a Hisuian Form, Game Freak could very well mix-and-match it with the non-Kanto starters as is the case with LA's choice of starters being from different generations. They could very well group it with Hisuian Sceptile and Hisuian Feraligatr as a trio of reptile variants for all we know!

You are clearly underestimating the lengths Game Freak will go to in order to make that fire lizard stay relevant. It's still very marketable after all. Even if Charizard does get a Hisuian Form, Game Freak could very well mix-and-match it with the non-Kanto starters as is the case with LA's choice of starters being from different generations. They could very well group it with Hisuian Sceptile and Hisuian Feraligatr as a trio of reptile variants for all we know!
Have they really gone to any great lengths, though? Like they don't have to do anything to make it popular. It got two megas, a pokeride, and a gmax form because fans already love it and it's an easy design to work with, so they're not really pushing it into that position, they're just feeding the fanbase that already exists there. Sure, they also made it the champion's main pokemon, but having the top pokemon of the UK be a fiery dragon fits pretty well with the theme.

But even if they were to market it, there's no reason to do anything for it in Legends because Sword and Shield is still a thing and they've got Leon's charizard to float around. I don't think it'd be very likely for them to do a mix-and-match with it like they did for the LA starters either, because there's actually a good thematic reasoning behind them choosing Cyndaquil, Rowlet and Oshawott. No matter how you look at it, Charizard doesn't fit the theme.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom