• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisui Dex Discussion

I believe we will probably see almost all 493 pokemon that could be caught in DPPT. What interests me more is what pokemon from gens 5-7 will be available. From the inclusion of Rowlet it's easy to think that maybe some pokémon from Unova, Kalos and Alola will be there. Maybe the ones that aren't in SwSh yet. I do believe that between SwSh, BDSP and LA we could get access to all 898 pokémon so they'll be able to get into HOME without transferring.

New Pokemon have now been shown in today's Presents. Besides the Hisuian variants we've also seen Ursaring and Vulpix now. So clearly they're not afraid to add new Gen 1-4 Pokemon in the game, but aside from the variants I don't think we've seen any Gen 5-8 Pokemon.

but aside from the variants I don't think we've seen any Gen 5-8 Pokemon.
Aside from the "original" Rowlett and Oshawott, you mean.

I do think they will come in this game, we just haven't seen any yet. I think Gen 8 pokemon appearing is probably the least likely option, for obvious reasons.

Well, looks like Magneton is going to be in the Husui dex even though it doesn't make sense. The only valid explanation was that the fabric of reality was messed with, causing certain Pokemon to go back in time where they haven't been created yet.

Well, looks like Magneton is going to be in the Husui dex even though it doesn't make sense. The only valid explanation was that the fabric of reality was messed with, causing certain Pokemon to go back in time where they haven't been created yet.
I checked some wiki to be sure, but there are Magnemite/Magnetone present in carving related to the Ruins of Alph, as well as being present in AZ's narration of the ancient Kalos war, so the line is quite old, and there shouldn't be issues in terms of continuity.

I checked some wiki to be sure, but there are Magnemite/Magnetone present in carving related to the Ruins of Alph, as well as being present in AZ's narration of the ancient Kalos war, so the line is quite old, and there shouldn't be issues in terms of continuity.
Yeah, I am pretty sure that the Magnemite line might’ve predated man-made magnets in the Pokémon world, if not outright inspired them in the first place.

At least this would be the right region for that sort of nonsense. XD Dialga and Palkia, what have you done.

There's a Galarian Weezing statue on the top of the professor lab, there's Basculin, there's Rufflet, there's Rowlet. Probably there won't be tons of gen 5-8 mons but we already know some of them are in the game so I don't see why there won't be more.

The Galarian Weezing things on the building don’t really mean you’ll see Galarian Weezing in the region. Fletching was not in Galar until the DLC even though the wind chime thing was Fletchling-looking in the starting town. I think a similar thing happened with Roselia being on a statue in Kalos or Alola while not being in the game at all. Lol

Considering they bothered to do Gen 5 evolutions/regional forms I think we can expect at least some Gen 5 and onwards Pokemon to pop in. To me it'd be weird to give those groups of Pokemon new toys, but ban the rest, especially since some would fit the aesthetic of the world very well.

The Galarian Weezing things on the building don’t really mean you’ll see Galarian Weezing in the region. Fletching was not in Galar until the DLC even though the wind chime thing was Fletchling-looking in the starting town. I think a similar thing happened with Roselia being on a statue in Kalos or Alola while not being in the game at all. Lol
I’d agree with that. To support that, the Galaxy Team is formed by people that came all over different regions, so it’s not that far fetched to believe that either the commissioner of the building, or the one realizing it, were from Galar.

I do think that the setting of Legends and the way they’re describing the relationship with Pokémon in that time frame could open some incongruencies in the IP. The Pokédex bit isn’t really a problem in itself (although it adds a clarifying on Oak being the first to create a Pokédex, which means, at this point, the technological instrument and not an overall encyclopedia of Pokémon in a region), but the way the trailer opened about the lives of Pokémon and humans being separare is problematic.

While one could assume that it could refer only to the Hisui region, Wyrdeer’s Pokédex is in direct conflict with that, and I honestly doubt our protagonist is the first human in Hisui with Pokémon of his own, as the Galaxy team would likely have the at their disposal, at least the members of the survey and security corps. And the ancient pokéballs and riding system (for Basculegion and Braviary, at least), requires craftsmanship. Hopefully it’s only
An issue with the trailer and the game explains in a more coherent way the relationship between humans and Pokémon (plus, older settlements clearly existed before since we saw ruins in the trailer).

I’d agree with that. To support that, the Galaxy Team is formed by people that came all over different regions, so it’s not that far fetched to believe that either the commissioner of the building, or the one realizing it, were from Galar.

I do think that the setting of Legends and the way they’re describing the relationship with Pokémon in that time frame could open some incongruencies in the IP. The Pokédex bit isn’t really a problem in itself (although it adds a clarifying on Oak being the first to create a Pokédex, which means, at this point, the technological instrument and not an overall encyclopedia of Pokémon in a region), but the way the trailer opened about the lives of Pokémon and humans being separare is problematic.

While one could assume that it could refer only to the Hisui region, Wyrdeer’s Pokédex is in direct conflict with that, and I honestly doubt our protagonist is the first human in Hisui with Pokémon of his own, as the Galaxy team would likely have the at their disposal, at least the members of the survey and security corps. And the ancient pokéballs and riding system (for Basculegion and Braviary, at least), requires craftsmanship. Hopefully it’s only
An issue with the trailer and the game explains in a more coherent way the relationship between humans and Pokémon (plus, older settlements clearly existed before since we saw ruins in the trailer).

It's not really that contradictory, it refers to this Sinnoh myth-

Long ago, when Sinnoh had just been made,
Pokémon and humans led separate lives.

That is not to say they did not help each other.
No, indeed they did.

They supplied each other with goods, and supported each other.
A Pokémon proposed to the others to always be ready to help humans.
It asked that Pokémon be ready to appear before humans always.
Thus, to this day, Pokémon appear to us if we venture into tall grass.

They still interacted, but I believe what they mean is that pokemon were all mostly just living in the wild at this point, they weren't in people's homes and being an active part of their daily lives.

It's not really that contradictory, it refers to this Sinnoh myth-

Long ago, when Sinnoh had just been made,
Pokémon and humans led separate lives.
That is not to say they did not help each other.
No, indeed they did.
They supplied each other with goods, and supported each other.
A Pokémon proposed to the others to always be ready to help humans.
It asked that Pokémon be ready to appear before humans always.
Thus, to this day, Pokémon appear to us if we venture into tall grass.

They still interacted, but I believe what they mean is that pokemon were all mostly just living in the wild at this point, they weren't in people's homes and being an active part of their daily lives.
That’s true, but the way the myth described the situation, to be honest, would work better in a era were humans wouldn’t be able to catch Pokémon, in my opinion.

Although the fact that it was a myth could lead to things being slightly different when exploring the truth of that time…although I’d have assumed the myth was referring to an age much further away then what LA’s appears to be.

I do wonder if this myth will be slightly changed in the remakes, to refer to the region being called Hisui.

The fact that there also was another civilization before the one in LA is something to explore and understand.

That’s true, but the way the myth described the situation, to be honest, would work better in a era were humans wouldn’t be able to catch Pokémon, in my opinion.

Although the fact that it was a myth could lead to things being slightly different when exploring the truth of that time…although I’d have assumed the myth was referring to an age much further away then what LA’s appears to be.

I do wonder if this myth will be slightly changed in the remakes, to refer to the region being called Hisui.

The fact that there also was another civilization before the one in LA is something to explore and understand.

We don't know if pokeballs are a widespread technology in this era, though. With the attitude among the people being that pokemon are scary creatures, it seems like it would make sense that the pokeballs are a recent invention and your exploration team are possibly the only people in the region currently using them.

We don't know if pokeballs are a widespread technology in this era, though. With the attitude among the people being that pokemon are scary creatures, it seems like it would make sense that the pokeballs are a recent invention and your exploration team are possibly the only people in the region currently using them.
I don’t think it’s that widespread either, though I wonder if it’s due to the region being less advanced then others, or simply not being fully colonized yet (or rather, re-colonized by humans).

I also don’t think the game would start as the team and the village was just built up, though. But I guess we’ll just need to know more about the story and background, with trailers and the release itself. The protagonist being from the village (meaning he was born from people that lived there), or coming in Hisui after he was already a kid/teen could also shed some light on this.

I don’t think it’s that widespread either, though I wonder if it’s due to the region being less advanced then others, or simply not being fully colonized yet (or rather, re-colonized by humans).

I also don’t think the game would start as the team and the village was just built up, though. But I guess we’ll just need to know more about the story and background, with trailers and the release itself. The protagonist being from the village (meaning he was born from people that lived there), or coming in Hisui after he was already a kid/teen could also shed some light on this.

Village probably isn't just built up, but the team could be fairly new or at least the pokeball technology is, and even if it's been around for a bit, the village people probably aren't keen on using balls to put scary creatures in their pocket. That's why you're doing research to tell them that it's okay to capture a pet lion. =P

Village probably isn't just built up, but the team could be fairly new or at least the pokeball technology is, and even if it's been around for a bit, the village people probably aren't keen on using balls to put scary creatures in their pocket. That's why you're doing research to tell them that it's okay to capture a pet lion. =P
I’m not sure if the research isn’t just about, at least seemingly so, about Lavanton wanting to make a full encyclopedia on the region, but I guess we’ll see.

I mean, he travelled across the world, so maybe in other regions there are already encyclopedia of Pokémon of said regions, and he wants to do the same in Hisui.

I wonder if it might be that the Ainu stand-ins live in harmony with Pokémon— riding Wyrdeer and such— while our settlement of what will become the modern-day Japanese people are more unfamiliar with Pokémon and new to the idea of working/living with them.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom