• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisui Pokemon in the anime?

El Squibbonator

Reaction score
So, thanks to the Pokémon Presents that aired today, we know that new Pokémon will be included in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, a game set hundreds of years in the past. These include new regional forms of Growlithe and Braviary, and evolutions for Stantler and Basculin. These Pokémon are implied to not exist in the present day of the series, since the Legends: Arceus is set in what will one day become Sinnoh, and they are absent in Diamond/Pearl.

All of this begs the question, will these new Pokémon appear in the anime? And, on that train of thought, will the anime adapt any elements of Legends: Arceus at all?

You think the anime might work in some sort of time-travel arc, where Ash and co. travel back in time and visit the Hisui region?
Chances are decent. They DO have a whole arc for Sinnoh...

Plus, I imagine the showrunners would finally like to get some of that "Isaki" action ;)

Though an AU special or shorts would be cool too.

You think the anime might work in some sort of time-travel arc, where Ash and co. travel back in time and visit the Hisui region?
Possibly. They have time-traveled before so it's certainly not out of the question. They could make a whole movie out of that idea, now that I think about it.

Though I still wouldn't get my hopes up. They could easily just make a single episode where Ash and co. look at an ancient Hisui painting or something and we only get to see the Pokémon in action through flashbacks.

I could maybe, possibly see them do a time travel arc of sorts where Ash and Goh (and maybe even Chloe as well, but I'm not holding my breath) get transported to the ancient Sinnoh where they'll get to meet these Pokemon, and in Goh's case potentially even catch them. However, seeing how all the Galar plotlines have so far been relegated to two-part episodes, chances are that even if we do get to see Sinnoh back when it was still called Hisui, it might not last much longer than a couple of episodes. Otherwise, there's always the chance of a self-contained OVA ala Legend of Thunder, Origins or Twilight Wings.

Time travel is possible, but I think more likely, just as they in the past found areas where prehistoric fossil pokemon still alive without needing to be revived, could just find a part of sinnoh , a nature reserve or something, where these forms remain unchanged.

I said catching Pomemon from the past and bringing them into the future, not the opposite.
These Pokemon aren't in modern Sinnoh, so what exactly would be contradicted? Not to mention that he'd only catch one member of each species, at best.

In contrast, if he released his Floette in Hisui, that could change Sinnoh's ecosystem.

These Pokemon aren't in modern Sinnoh, so what exactly would be contradicted? Not to mention that he'd only catch one member of each species, at best.

In contrast, if he released his Floette in Hisui, that could change Sinnoh's ecosystem.
Butterfly effect.

For my Floette example, sure. Go can't make those Hisui Pokemon disappear altogether, and if he could, it would just explain the present.

Anyway, I hope that Go brings his Stantler to Hisui so that it evolves.

Wait
For my Floette example, sure. Go can't make those Hisui Pokemon disappear altogether, and if he could, it would just explain the present.

Anyway, I hope that Go brings his Stantler to Hisui so that it evolves.
Wait, wait, why does Adding Pokemon to the past (your Floette examlle) cause a Time Paradox but Removing Pokemon from the past (Goh catching Hisui Pokemon) would just cause a Causality Loop? That's pretty inconsistent.

I mean, not like the writers would care.

Oh I bet we'll see the Hisuian form Pokemon in the anime and probably during the upcoming arc that they teased featuring the box mascots.

But I'm not necessarily convinced that Ash will catch any of those regional variants. People said that he'd catch new Pokemon from the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra like a year ago to promote them and yet that didn't happen either.

Wouldn't Goh catching Pokemon in the past and bringing them into the future create some time travel butterfly effect paradoxes?
Probably not. There have been multiple times in the anime where the characters have time traveled, changed something about the past and it doesn't create any butterfly effects or time paradoxes. The setup they had in the future changes, but nothing more significant on a grand scale happens. May and Meowth traveled back in time during AG, prevented a person from dying, which resulted in his family having a drastically different reality than they did when he died, and nothing drastically changed beyond him still being alive with his wife and granddaughter. Even if they bright the Hisuian forms back to the present, I don't think it would change anything besides "Oh these ancient Pokemon forms now exist in the present. Neat!"

I'm still not as sure about these Hisuian forms being extinct, mainly because it would feel a bit too depressing for my tastes. I guess it would be kind of moot regardless when we can revive fossil Pokemon, but I don't think it would be too hard to retcon the Hisuian forms into the current time period by saying that they're much more rare now or something like that. That being said, I still love the idea of Ash and Goh going into the past and catching some Pokemon. It just sounds like a cool concept, a way to incorporate Legends Arceus promotion and ideally give them a few episodes to spend in the past. The last point is probably too unlikely given that we're lucky if they make a two parter at this point, but I still think it would be cool.

I can see this happening as either a standalone series/special episode(s) or a time travel arc, or both. Would also be open to the idea of a movie covering the Hisui region in some form starring Rei and Akari (and likely Ash in there somewhere) - there is a lot they could do with something like that.

As long as I can see my good boi hisuian growly in the series in some form, I will be happy. <3

Goh has a Stantler, so I feel that probably will evolve. I like the Time Travel stuff, but it might be hard to pull off considering the release dates. We know there's a Dialga and Palkia arc in November, so maybe time travel then? My best guess is that Hisuan Pokemon are in some random location in the anime Sinnoh and Ash and Gou are research fellows investigating this.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom