• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hisuian Arcanine

Maybe the abilities aren't there because of the Agile and Strong Style. Like, if you have Iron Fist and you do strong Style with a Punching move, its boosted even more.

Damn, now that i think about it. Agile style makes status boosting moves super OP, since then you can use it and then attack without having to wait a turn.

Strong style makes priority moves OP.

Maybe the abilities aren't there because of the Agile and Strong Style. Like, if you have Iron Fist and you do strong Style with a Punching move, its boosted even more.

Damn, now that i think about it. Agile style makes status boosting moves super OP, since then you can use it and then attack without having to wait a turn.

Strong style makes priority moves OP.
I think abilities also might've been an added level of complexity that they just opted to remove in order to focus on the base concept. Like it would've been a fairly simple application for abilities like Normalize but you've got the example you pointed out that might make a pokemon too OP, you've got an ability like Prankster that gives priority to certain moves, and probably other things that would have to mess with the turn order beyond Strong and Agile style. It makes things a bit more complicated, so it'd make sense to cut that and maybe try to work it back in later if they use the mechanic again later down the line.

If Hisuian Growlite does evolve into Hisuian Arcanine, will be done with a fire stone? Or will the evolution be something else entirely?

Could be something else entirely! Who knows, Sandshrew evolves by level yet they made Alolan Sandshrew require a stone.
That's true. If it is something new, discovering the method might complete a task given to the trainer.

I think abilities also might've been an added level of complexity that they just opted to remove in order to focus on the base concept. Like it would've been a fairly simple application for abilities like Normalize but you've got the example you pointed out that might make a pokemon too OP, you've got an ability like Prankster that gives priority to certain moves, and probably other things that would have to mess with the turn order beyond Strong and Agile style. It makes things a bit more complicated, so it'd make sense to cut that and maybe try to work it back in later if they use the mechanic again later down the line.

tbh, if abilities are gone, that makes me believe they still use the old battle system and abilities for the traditional games and that they only put the new battle system and no abilities for Legends Games and no abilities for Lets Go games.

Some people think the scene with the Gastrodon is hinting at abilities because it is raining there, where otherwise the surroundings do not indicate rain (as in, Gastrodon is making it rain due to its ability). Could be a stretch, though.

Some people think the scene with the Gastrodon is hinting at abilities because it is raining there, where otherwise the surroundings do not indicate rain (as in, Gastrodon is making it rain due to its ability). Could be a stretch, though.

I think its a stretch, since i believe we have seen Harsh Sunlight as well in that scene.

Talking about Harsh Sunlight. Maybe that is how Hisuian Growlithe evolves.

tbh, if abilities are gone, that makes me believe they still use the old battle system and abilities for the traditional games and that they only put the new battle system and no abilities for Legends Games and no abilities for Lets Go games.
I believe they just stripped abilities from Let's Go because the target audience was Gen 1 nostalgics and people who play GO, neither of which have them.

Definitely don't think we'll be seeing this Strong and Agile Style system in a traditional game unless they can make it work with abilities, though. Especially when you consider pokemon with unique abilities as their whole gimmick, like Mimikyu and Zorua.

I believe they just stripped abilities from Let's Go because the target audience was Gen 1 nostalgics and people who play GO, neither of which have them.

Definitely don't think we'll be seeing this Strong and Agile Style system in a traditional game unless they can make it work with abilities, though. Especially when you consider pokemon with unique abilities as their whole gimmick, like Mimikyu and Zorua.

Yeah and i think Slaking is a problem as well in that regard if we have abilities in a Legends Game (Meaning it most likely will never be featured in one if we have abilities, since it can only utilize Strong style first turn).

I think its a stretch, since i believe we have seen Harsh Sunlight as well in that scene.

Talking about Harsh Sunlight. Maybe that is how Hisuian Growlithe evolves.
Wait a sec... like it's hardening/drying in the sun like pottery? That would be really cool actually.

Still rooting for a dragon Arcanine- what if they used Hisuian Arcanine to try to explain in-universe why Arcanine is the Legendary Pokemon by alluding to it as a historic, more fabled form of Arcanine? Granted they could do that with it being a lion-dog but I think dragons are generally of a more notable mythological status, especially when appealing to a global audience.

I mean, I know the pokedex entries all talk about it having many legends around it, but I think they could be exploring that more in this--- oh. Guys. Legends. I think there could be more to the growlithe reveal than we think.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom